Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"REEDY RACE 2009"

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

And I have expressed mine. Norcal is not a good choice for the REEDY!!!
Old 02-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

With out a doubt, Nor-Cal Hobbies would be a great venue for the Reedy race! If parking is the only gripe with this then I think everything else is in place to make this event happen. If you gotta park in the street, okay big deal?

Let's talk about the good reasons for a minute. There can be indoor pitting for all entries and even out door pitting if you want to pit outside. That huge Holiday Inn is 2 minutes from the track and across the street there's resturants all over the place. The Oakland airport is 15-20 minutes from the track. How bout a fully stocked hobby shop on site for the Reedy also!? We all know that Nor-Cal has one of the best pieces of asphalt in the country and is well big enough for the Mod guys to let loose. I'm working with Nor-Cal right now to install and design a world class on-road track/design so you can expect a well constructed layout. Nor-Cal did host the 2008 TCS Regionals. Also, how cool would it be to have last year's open mod winner (Kevin Jelich) who is now the new owner of Nor-Cal Hobbies be part of hosting this year Reedy race?? The new ownership is super hungry and motivated to host big races. The last ownership was one thing and this is another. Scotty Ernst and Rick Howarth, you guys should really consider this. I know you guys have already been contacted and will be receiving more info this week.

Last edited by J Stark; 02-08-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Well put. You forgot to mention that SFO is 30-40 mins away for the International guys. That's even closer from LAX than if the race was at the Tamiya track.

Nothing against all of the other tracks mentioned as well. I just have my preference as everyone does.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I guess we all have are own Preferences. I prefer Tamiya because its local...

Also the last 2 races I went to at Speedworld the turnouts have been light. The Reedy race had no waiting list to get in last year and then you had the Kopropo race which the turn out was low.....which surprised me because Speedworld race track is the best track in cali.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Suspended

LMAO! You guys are funny because you guys don't race at Speedworld you think it needs to be at Nor-cal (YOUR track). Speedworld is the place and if not it will be in L.A. L.A. Roadrunners has better asphalt than Nor-cal! SpeedWorld is the all around top notch facility hands down. You say Nor-cal has been contacted to hold the Reedy race? You think it is a great place because K.J. won the open class? LMAO, That's the best reason I have heard.

I believe on supporting your track but get serious!

-Electric turnout has been a little low at Speedworld, but the Nitro turnout has been great!! I am pretty sure electric TC turnout is low everywhere..

-Sacramento is an International airport also.. Is is just 30 minutes away..

Just my opinion

Last edited by nitroballer9; 02-10-2009 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

oh yeah...Freedom Park just got a massive makeover on their track. That would be awesome to see the Reedy there too hmm...
Old 02-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

As long as it’s held in CA I plan on going
Old 02-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

NorCal will be great! 10 mins from my house! Whoohoo!
Old 02-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think it's important to keep in mind that nobody is badmouthing Speedworld here. Speedworld is a world class facility. I think what Jesse and others are trying to do is simply point out the fact that Norcal Hobbies is ALSO a world class facility. Norcal is not Jesse's track. It is Kevin Jelich's track. Jesse is the track director for Marin R/C.

I also think it's important that we don't have wars raging between the AWESOME facilities here in Northern California. It doesn't look too good to the rest of the world.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeNolasco
I think it's important to keep in mind that nobody is badmouthing Speedworld here. Speedworld is a world class facility. I think what Jesse and others are trying to do is simply point out the fact that Norcal Hobbies is ALSO a world class facility. Norcal is not Jesse's track. It is Kevin Jelich's track. Jesse is the track director for Marin R/C.

I also think it's important that we don't have wars raging between the AWESOME facilities here in Northern California. It doesn't look too good to the rest of the world.
You better go call that woman's husband.....
Old 02-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

"Speedworld is a world class facilty"

Hi Joe, so does this mean your going to come to SWR this year?? I'll run Mod with you, Clint is going to hide in 13.5!!! LOL

I don't feel what I said was attacking Norcal, its a great track. I just don't feel that's its ready to hold one of the largest races of the year.

Hopefully the location will be announced by March or earlier...
Old 02-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Company Representative

Clint--MAN! You ain't kidding!!!! I suppose next they'll challenge me to a fight behind the gym after school?

Scotty--You know I will make it out there a couple times! I only made one race last year and that is whack! I'll do betta! I swear!
Old 02-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

At this point on speedworlds website reads that the Reedy race is going to be there.

I want to go to this race so I hope they post a defendant location so I can make some plans
Old 02-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Addict

Whats funny here is all of the people on this board have the same opinion.

The race should be held at the track nearest to them.

Period.

With exception of Jesse and Joe Nabisco who both know Marin definitely can't handle it.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:01 PM
Company Representative

Marin could handle it! We would rent barges and have the pits out on the bay! it would be sweet!

Signed,

Nabisco

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.