Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 scale has finally found a home on Long Island

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Grats guys, lookin forward to seeing you soon.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Congrats Capt. and Skipper, awesome news.

Cars ready to go, see you guys soon.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Wheelie master
I think they should call it the Gas Hole
good name I like
Old 06-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Tech Initiate

I do have a rc 10GT. I wonder if they would race them boy don't know what to race I will just bring them all.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnslprd
Congrats Capt. and Skipper, awesome news.

Cars ready to go, see you guys soon.
+1
Old 06-25-2011, 05:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cranky drew
good name I like
Awesome can't wait
Old 06-25-2011, 06:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default new manorville off-road rc track

THE SKIPPER IS HERE!!

Just want to take a moment to personally thank all of you for providing so much positive feedback regarding the situation!! Carl & I have been facing some tough financial concerns which have been forcing us to consider delaying the opening until April-2012, but it seems as is we finally reached a decision on opening day, August 6th!! Our objective is for the club to economically sustain itself! I've heard that the Dugeon got 20 entries per week, if so, then we're extremely hopeful & confidant that the club will be a success!!

Not to boast, but the facility is AWESOME!! The lot is HUGE, so big that we plan to run 1/5 scale bajas!! The lot features perimeter/pit fencing, 200amp electrical service, water & sanitary-(altough a temporary port a potty will be used initially), parking-lot type 500w light fixtures, and a professionally installed racing surface!!
As far as the dirt is concerned, a test sample has been obtained and has yielded some EXCELLENT results!! YOU WILL NOT FIND ROCKS, the material will be professionally screened to ensure a high quality racing surface suitable for 1/10 scale electrics as well!!

Some feel that the location is a bit far out east, I can honestly say that it's 35 minutes east of exit 49 on the LIE, from where LIR was!! Last year, Carl & I hit the highways and bridges to find ourselfs sitting in summer city traffic, NOT FUN, not to mention the cost of gasoline and tolls!!! Carl & I both share an extreme amount of passion & devotion torwards the sport of rc racing!! Our objective is to provide a local place here on the island for all to enjoy without having to drive miles away on the weekend!! We're both funding this venture purely for the LOVE of the sport, and share an extreme amount of passion & devotion torwards the hobby!!

So, with all this considered, PLEASE continue to express your thoughts and feelings torwards the track!!! WE want to hear what you have to say, we will build what you want!! We need your help, SPREAD the word to all your friends and fellow racers, even to new-comers!!! Beginners, experience something new without having to drive hours out of state!!!

WE'RE BUILDING IT, NOW YOU HAVE TO SHOW UP!!!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Sincerely,

THE SKIPPER
RC FOR LIFE!!!

Last edited by The Skipper; 06-25-2011 at 10:25 AM. Reason: long reply
Old 06-25-2011, 07:40 AM
Tech Addict

sounds great guys, keep up the good work!!
Old 06-25-2011, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Best of luck guys! I visited some family 5 minutes from Manorville a few weeks back, and early in the morning it wasn't a bad ride from NJ at all...
Old 06-25-2011, 08:24 AM
Tech Adept

Lightbulb If you Build it We will Come!

This is like a field of dreams moment, only no ghosts or spirits, Just like minded individuals wanting to run their rides and compete for the top spot.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

As long as there will be a SC and 10 scale buggy, I will definitely run every other weekend,good luck guys.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Are you planning on having the track open for usage during the week too or just on weekend race days?
I, and some others I know, work a rotating schedule and are not around every weekend. But would definitely love to come run during the week when possible too.
Good luck with the track. Looking forward to the opening.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jethro32
Are you planning on having the track open for usage during the week too or just on weekend race days?
I, and some others I know, work a rotating schedule and are not around every weekend. But would definitely love to come run during the week when possible too.
Good luck with the track. Looking forward to the opening.

Yes, the track will be open Wednesdays in the afternoon & evening under the lights for practice and 1/10 & 1/8 scale electric racing!! Nitro racing will most likely be on Saturday afternoons, into the evening under the lights as well, with open practice on Sundays! This is our initial schedule @ this point and could change based on the demand!!

thanks,
THE SKIPPER
brian

Last edited by The Skipper; 06-25-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Excellent. That was one of the best things about the dungeon, very flexible hours.
If you need any assistance setting it up just post a message. Im sure you will have plenty of volunteers
Old 06-25-2011, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

sounds great guys looks like i now will have enough motivation to buy a new 1/8 scale. If you guys have a enough room you guys should make a short course specific track. You know there is enough following for sc. If you watch real sc racing they arent hitting major triple and huge gaps in their jumps, they are usually nice high speed, low air jumps. nice sweepers and alot of room to throw the rear end out. idk how you feel but i love the look of scale racing.

Very excited for you guys and i wish you guys the best of luck cant wait to check out the track.

Wish this was around about 5 years ago when i was REALLY in to RC and i had 4 1/8 scalers and had the time to race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.