Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by MauiBuilt Racer
Hi TRF-Powered,
Racing in Japan for me, was THE best r/c experience ever. Not only racing in a great atmosphere but the people there in Japan were top notch and the food was delicious. They were nice, helpful and funny. They had numerous parts we couldnt get in the states, so some people from the team got the chance to take advantage of that plus with a 30% discount. after the races, basically we just toured shizuoka, and tokyo. The tour of Tamiya Japan was cool too. I actually got the chance to fiddle around with the evo III that was on display that the race. The drivetrain is unbelievably smooth and pretty light too. And yes, any tamiya stick pack is only allowed. The new Tamiya 3300hv batts that were the handouts, were pretty impressive. I would love to go back someday.

Good Luck! JM
Thanks for replying.... Just wondering, did Tamiya treat you guys a tour of japan??? HPI guys seem to get really good treatments when they are in Japan, with tour of japan and few hobby shops here and there. What about you guys???
Old 11-25-2002, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

Retro,

The Evo III has the same suspension mounts as the 414.
So all the setup changes (toeín anti-squat, roll center, etc.) which are possible on the 414, should also be possible on this Evo III.
All mounts are included!

Regards,
Pizza
Old 11-26-2002, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Cool Price avarage in Japan for EVO III

On the 15th of Dec the Prices will very from shop to shop anywhere from 29700 ¥en ~ 37000 ¥en
I just though that I would let you peps' know the prices over here

BTW the ¥en to $ right now is in the 118 range to..
-Dave
Old 11-27-2002, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for replying.... Just wondering, did Tamiya treat you guys a tour of japan??? HPI guys seem to get really good treatments when they are in Japan, with tour of japan and few hobby shops here and there. What about you guys???

The Hospitality was great, food, dancing women (oh wait)
We did tour Tokyo the view from Tokyo Tower was incredible at night. The food was different and great every night we had beverages and food whenever we turned around at the track and even got some cultural lessons from Moto while we were going around both Tokyo and Shizuoka. It was definately a highlight of my r/c career. If at all possible win and go you won't be dissappointed by the fun. The racing was excellent also I had heard stories of non-courteous driving to US drivers in the past and I found nonne of that in fact they were quite regular about giving room and moving over

Dan
Old 12-02-2002, 12:36 PM
Tech Champion

Talking Bump

^
^^
^^^
^^^^
^^^^^
^^
^^
^^
^^
^^
^^
^^
Old 12-02-2002, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

JDM,

Please help me out.
I know Rainbowten sells them at 37800.
And IshiiiMokei is about 26500 but then ads taxes and charge extra for the use of Visa etc...
At the end not (much) cheaper then Rainbow.
Kinda fall advertising.

Can you recommend any other reliable shop which accept Paypal or Visa , and sell the Evo 3 for a low price???
(please give me a URL)

Thanks,
Pizza
Old 12-02-2002, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

If you want booking order , i'm about 15th arrived to HK !
Old 12-02-2002, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

LeoChan,
I;m sorry but could you clarify.
What exactly do you mean?!
Old 12-03-2002, 04:56 AM
Tech Champion

Smile Here ya go

http://www.rc-champ.co.jp/main.htm

This R/C shop has to different stores... you will need to contact the Tokyo store to have them mail order stuff for you to the states... 2 people that work there speak ..."SOME" english but not to much

Hope this helps ..
-Dave
Old 12-03-2002, 07:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default SoCal

Hey if u guys setup a Tamiya pit area at SoCal, If I go, can I join?! heheh.. I'm a newbie at racing, although I've had several Tamiyas (TL01, TA02, FF01, and now TB Evo2.) I'm still in Novice, andwanna try that race. But I live way the hell down in San Diego, so I dunno if I can come up there for 2days. Wat time do the races for the GP Start? If it's around 6, then I'll definitely try.. heheh.. THanks you guys=)
Old 12-03-2002, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

JDM,

Thanks.
I send them an email.
Now I wait.

CU
Pizza
Old 12-05-2002, 03:26 AM
Tech Regular

PizzaDude. If you don't mind, could you post here to let us know the outcome of your inquiry? including price

thanks!

jwwu
Old 12-05-2002, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sure you can join. I think the track opens early on Saturday with qualifiers beginning at 10AM. Check out www.socalrc.com for more info.
Old 12-05-2002, 01:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Thanks

Knowing that there are gonna be more than just a handful of Tamiya drivers there, and that you guys got my back, makes me wish even more than I can attend. I will try as best I can to ditch work and make that race. heheh. Is anyone else planning to run a TB Evo2? or a 414M2?? Just wondering=). I really hope there would be someone who can help me w/ my TB Evo2. Not too many people can, as it's not a very popular car. BUT IT KIX MY OLD TC3'S TAIL ANY DAY! heheh. hope to see you all there!

Tony

BTW.. anyone know a store that sells TB Evo2 parts off the shelf?? everyone here in San Diego keep telling me how they can order them. BUt I don't like the mail thing. I want to be able to see the part before I buy. Thanks
Old 12-05-2002, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Default negative

JWWU,

I just received an answer from them.
IN JAPANESE...
But I put it trough an online translator, and it says something like they are only shipping inside the country!

So it ends here!

Pizza

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.