Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Texas Racing
RCRCNT.COM, is this track still up and running? >

RCRCNT.COM, is this track still up and running?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RCRCNT.COM, is this track still up and running?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Default RCRCNT.COM, is this track still up and running?

Is this track in Burleson tx still up and running at www.rcrcnt.com? it looks like from the website they are racing 1/10 and 1/8 scale on road.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Yes its still going. This last season about the first 4 or 5 dates were at the track in rendon and than the rest were at mikes hobby shop track in porter texas. Why so many at the dallas track at the first of the year ? The porter track was totally being re-done for the sedan worlds there next year is why. Next year i think it will go back to normal. Every other month the two tracks will alternate the club race. Ex. Feb =dallas,march=porter,april=dallas,may=porter and so on till about oct or nov. The schedule is posted usually in feb on this forum or rcfiles.com and the club website,rcrcnt.com. The classes are 1/10 sedan,1/8 scale open. Both tracks are nice to drive your car at .
Old 11-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rcmike
Yes its still going. This last season about the first 4 or 5 dates were at the track in rendon and than the rest were at mikes hobby shop track in porter texas. Why so many at the dallas track at the first of the year ? The porter track was totally being re-done for the sedan worlds there next year is why. Next year i think it will go back to normal. Every other month the two tracks will alternate the club race. Ex. Feb =dallas,march=porter,april=dallas,may=porter and so on till about oct or nov. The schedule is posted usually in feb on this forum or rcfiles.com and the club website,rcrcnt.com. The classes are 1/10 sedan,1/8 scale open. Both tracks are nice to drive your car at .
So how do i get into the racing at these places? I am moving to the dfw area and I like those on road classes. Do you have to be part of the club to race at the rcrcnt.com place? How do you get into the series?
Old 11-23-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

To start racing at the Rendon track and in the series is just a matter of showing up at the track and having fun with the other racers. No Dues or fees to be a member or racer of the track. Its just a entry fee on race day for the racing of that w/e. I believe they do require that you be a Roar member for insurance purposes. P.S. I just noticed on the pic on the home site. The drivers stand has been covered with aluminum sheets and behind the stand is a permanent structure that is covered pit area for about 50 racers with electricity on those pavestone pavers.