Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

here is my brake profile
Attached Thumbnails GM Brushless-brake.jpg  
Old 03-12-2011, 07:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by captain stacker
here is my brake profile

I would probably reduce your max brake and your full brake. I have experienced the same problems, where I thougt the brakes didn't work. It was all down to the fact that the speedo locked up the wheels so I was sliding into the corners, resulting in understeer.

I run rubber tires, and uses around 70% - 85% based on the traction of the specific track I race at.

Regards
Søren
Old 03-12-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ssoslot
I would probably reduce your max brake and your full brake. I have experienced the same problems, where I thougt the brakes didn't work. It was all down to the fact that the speedo locked up the wheels so I was sliding into the corners, resulting in understeer.

I run rubber tires, and uses around 70% - 85% based on the traction of the specific track I race at.

Regards
Søren
definitely not locking up, I mark my rims purposely for this reason to see if the wheels locks up.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Tech Adept

Reduce "effect new brake software" down to 50. Remove current limit off brake, box checked.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:43 AM
Tech Master

this is offtopic kinda but it is still related to GM so i put it here in this thread instead of making a new one. I am looking for some new saddle packs and saw on the GM website the 5600mAh 60C saddlepacks. In the specification it says:

Capacity @10 A typ. 5300 mAh

What does that mean? Does it mean that when under load the capacity drops off from 5600mAh to 5300mAh? Why would that be? I never saw this in other descriptions so it made me wonder. When looking at other GM lipo's it is stated as well in the descriptions.

Could it be that other brands lipo's have that as well and that gm is the only one putting that in the specifications?
Old 03-13-2011, 03:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

need a new GM software update, getting motored by HW's now. The 119/211 software is just insane.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YZFAndy
Reduce "effect new brake software" down to 50. Remove current limit off brake, box checked.
got there before me "effect new brake software" is the one to reduce
Old 03-13-2011, 07:44 AM
Tech Addict

Reduce "effect new brake software" down to 50.
ok, will try this down to 50. So I just assume if I put it to 0, it will become even better.

Remove current limit off brake, box checked.
remove it or select it? I will assume you mean select it, but I'm not sure why you said 'remove'.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Addict

actually, come to think of it, I have done the above, as I messaged Ralf from GM, and he gave me this setting below to try, however it was not any better braking. Although he did not tell me to use 'new brake software'.

however I will try all the above again, one at at time.

and yes, we need an update soon as I also came up against some hobbywings today and was not able to keep up in straight line speed.
Attached Thumbnails GM Brushless-brakeralf.jpg  
Old 03-13-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Adept

remove it or select it? I will assume you mean select it, but I'm not sure why you said 'remove'.
You remove the current limit by ticking the box. A limit on the brakes can make them feel soft.

ok, will try this down to 50. So I just assume if I put it to 0, it will become even better.
I can't say if 0 will disable it or make it better. It will definitely be more like an on/off switch the lower the number you use. What "effect new brake software" does is to make the brakes come in more gentile the faster the motor is revving. This stops sudden lock-up, transmission stress and will help to transfer load on to the front tyres and ultimately give you more braking grip. You just need to find the right level for your needs. Most of the time just locking up all four wheels isn't going to be the quickest way of stopping.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Addict

actually, come to think of it, I have done the above, as I messaged Ralf from GM, and he gave me this setting below to try, however it was not any better braking. Although he did not tell me to use 'new brake software'.

however I will try all the above again, one at at time.

and yes, we need an update soon as I also came up against some hobbywings today and was not able to keep up in straight line speed.
Hello can i please ask what your reserved 4 is set to on the telemetery page. Thanks
Old 03-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by John_S
Hello can i please ask what your reserved 4 is set to on the telemetery page. Thanks
I have heard with the lrp x11 motors changing this to 7 is better, I'm not sure what it's at but I think I saw it was 1 the last time I checked. I'm not using x11's however. Generally epic and novak motors
Old 03-14-2011, 12:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker
need a new GM software update, getting motored by HW's now. The 119/211 software is just insane.
Oh yeah ? I've been racing against the new hobbywing quite a bit. Its really, really quick for sure but my car quicker still

I reckon its all getting pretty even now in the brushless war

Whoever understands set up best will have greatest straight line speed

But one will still lose to a driver with a better set up car. Always

Powerrrrr !
Old 03-14-2011, 01:01 AM
Tech Adept

hi guys,
thx guys for the help with gearing. i used martins program with an x11 13.5T motor and 1:6,1 FDR. MAN THIS THING FLYS!!! no break problems what so ever. i even had to reduce breaking power on the transmitter to 70%. great torque and great top speed. lap times were roughly 15.4s. managed to lay down a 15.0 many times whereas tekins, HWs, lrp's etc did 15.2 best.

cheers
vito
Old 03-14-2011, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vitomon
hi guys,
thx guys for the help with gearing. i used martins program with an x11 13.5T motor and 1:6,1 FDR. MAN THIS THING FLYS!!! no break problems what so ever. i even had to reduce breaking power on the transmitter to 70%. great torque and great top speed. lap times were roughly 15.4s. managed to lay down a 15.0 many times whereas tekins, HWs, lrp's etc did 15.2 best.

cheers
vito
Glad its going well. Any more help needed then just ask away

Can't say anyone has been giving me trouble on the straight recently, in fact this weekend I was told by a CML driver that mine was a rocketship

Anyway, its not all about having that extra foot on the straight, I'd sooner be a tiny bit slower on the straight than have to put up with a Tekin on the infield, feel on the GM is amazing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.