RCCA reader's choice awards, the ballots are in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RCCA reader's choice awards, the ballots are in

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 11:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Alright, at what point do you guys not understand this, especially you phat. You seem like a rather intelligent human being, why don't you get it? It is a readers choice award, the winner is the majority, get it? Who gives a flying crap if that winner was influenced by a fancy magazine ad or a good sponsor, that reader formed an opinion and voted because of it.

Second of all, if you don't like the magazine, and don't want to support there efforts to make money, (last I checked it was not a non-profit organization), then don't buy it and leave it at that. Hardcore racers make up very little of the hobby itself, so is it really that hard to understand that what racers use is not the most popular? My favorite Nascar racer has a Snap-On tool set, and I buy Mac tools because I like them better, that makes me a bad person doesn't it?

As you can see by your signature, you seem to lack the ability to open your mind up to new ideas or opinions, nor do you have the ability to even attempt to understand someone elses opinion. I am a store manager for a living, and if I reacted the way you do to every opinion one of my guys gave me that I did not like, I would constantly be firing people. Get over it, grow up, and start a new mag, we'll see how long you can keep it going by telling your advertisers they are not allowed to place influential ads, you'll be broke in a month.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Bobby J
Lets have another magazine due a readers choice award.

Like one that is not owned by trinity.

yah ball
Old 05-17-2005, 11:53 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Understood, you can't please everyone, that's obvious. But how difficult is it for "the biggest RC mag" to dig up NEW and pertinent info? Don't tell me you're too busy. How hard is it to provide non-repetitive articles? How hard is it to make a mag that is appropriately balanced with regards to article vs. ad? I think you're mistaken saying that you all do your best.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How hard is it to put the RCCA down and buy another magazine........ Get over people.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Phatkat
Your mag shows otherwise.
You don't agree with what was voted on, that's no problem, but what's with all the hostility? Racer's seem to hate Trinity, and RCCA does have adds from Trinity in them so I guess RCCA is an easy mark. Guilt by association, but does that really make RCCA evil? They really do alot for RC, sponsor races, RCX, etc. I don't see anybody getting all bent out of shape about Airtronics M8 winning? You would think if there really was a "conspiracy" that the Futaba would have won, after all they are owned by Great Planes (Tower Hobbies) and they have TONS of adds in RCCA.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:58 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by trixer
Alright, at what point do you guys not understand this, especially you phat. You seem like a rather intelligent human being, why don't you get it? It is a readers choice award, the winner is the majority, get it? Who gives a flying crap if that winner was influenced by a fancy magazine ad or a good sponsor, that reader formed an opinion and voted because of it.

Second of all, if you don't like the magazine, and don't want to support there efforts to make money, (last I checked it was not a non-profit organization), then don't buy it and leave it at that. Hardcore racers make up very little of the hobby itself, so is it really that hard to understand that what racers use is not the most popular? My favorite Nascar racer has a Snap-On tool set, and I buy Mac tools because I like them better, that makes me a bad person doesn't it?

As you can see by your signature, you seem to lack the ability to open your mind up to new ideas or opinions, nor do you have the ability to even attempt to understand someone elses opinion. I am a store manager for a living, and if I reacted the way you do to every opinion one of my guys gave me that I did not like, I would constantly be firing people. Get over it, grow up, and start a new mag, we'll see how long you can keep it going by telling your advertisers they are not allowed to place influential ads, you'll be broke in a month.

My mind is plenty open, but I only buy into things and ideas that aren't detrimental. Bush is detrimental. Rcca is detrimental, by that I am pointing to their imbalanced magazine.

You missed my point.

I am not advocating the banning of influential ads, as that is the nature of all ads, so don't make assumptions on my intent.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:05 PM
Tech Adept

My mind is plenty open, but I only buy into things and ideas that aren't detrimental. Bush is detrimental. Rcca is detrimental, by that I am pointing to their imbalanced magazine.

You missed my point.

I am not advocating the banning of influential ads, as that is the nature of all ads, so don't make assumptions on my intent.
With all due respect, I think your a little blinded by your hate of "corporate" America. It's a business trying to make money, the plan behind every good business out there. I can hear you about some of the repetativness of the how-to's, but realize that there are only SO MANY things you can do to an RC car!! And, don't forget, that the mag is primarilaly for newbs, so I can understand that there might be similar articles every few months....the "new guy" to RC might not have seen the articles half a year ago.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Who the F really cares what products won!

So they voted on what they like big deal. Is your pay check affected by the outcome!
Old 05-17-2005, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Do you guys realize you’re arguing over the RC Product Choice Awards...LOL WTF?

Some are even requesting Peter to break down the results...?!?!?!?

How would that go......

In New York the BK2 dominated the polls but voters in Texas sealed the winning spot for the B4 by out voting the BK2 by 100 votes.....LOL
Old 05-17-2005, 12:12 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by elcid4300
With all due respect, I think your a little blinded by your hate of "corporate" America. It's a business trying to make money, the plan behind every good business out there. I can hear you about some of the repetativness of the how-to's, but realize that there are only SO MANY things you can do to an RC car!! And, don't forget, that the mag is primarilaly for newbs, so I can understand that there might be similar articles every few months....the "new guy" to RC might not have seen the articles half a year ago.

If their intent is to assist the new guys, then they should not be pretending to be "covering everyone", which has been stated in their mags prior.

I am not "blinded by hate", and that is somewhat an inappropriate thing to say. All I'm after is assurance that rcca is not blinded by money.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Doug D
Do you guys realize you’re arguing over the RC Product Choice Awards...LOL WTF?

Some are even requesting Peter to break down the results...?!?!?!?

How would that go......

In New York the BK2 dominated the polls but voters in Texas sealed the winning spot for the B4 by out voting the BK2 by 100 votes.....LOL

Old 05-17-2005, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

If their intent is to assist the new guys, then they should not be pretending to be "covering everyone", which has been stated in their mags prior.

I am not "blinded by hate", and that is somewhat an inappropriate thing to say. All I'm after is assurance that rcca is not blinded by money.

I agree that the hate thing was a bit out of line....as is your calling someone who you don't even know a bold faced liar without ANY substantiated proof other than your opinion, which obviously differs from many people out there.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Aint this funny! WHO CARES!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by speedxl
Aint this funny! WHO CARES!!!!!!

Then leave.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

How about scrap the readers choice awards altogether and maybe start writing interesting articles. People love to read about professional drivers and VIP's in the industry. These interviews aren't done enough, the article J. Filipow did on Kinwald, I think for extreme was very good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.