Team Magic G4

Old 01-31-2006, 09:45 PM
Tech Rookie

After goin thru TM E-class right down to Mongoose...I damn well pleased with this G4S....the building process is enough to chill me...putting it the road reviews a beast within a silvery armour...man..TM u guys done a magnificent job...handles like its on rails....
Old 01-31-2006, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Car Breaker
how do you like the missile pipe?

i am using the missile pipe and i love the stinggy sound of it power is okay as you can adjust the length of the pipe by inserting spacers in between. K Factory should make 7mm stingers hehehehe! that would be a blast
Old 01-31-2006, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Testing 10 days and counting. Time to drop the hammer.
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-pict0187.jpg   Team Magic G4-pict0186.jpg   Team Magic G4-pict0188.jpg   Team Magic G4-pict0189.jpg   Team Magic G4-pict0192.jpg  

Old 01-31-2006, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

1 more

Team Phenix is heading to the Winternats
Ray Juhl
Nick Dotson
Demetrius Blount
Al Guerra
Dennis Richey

G4S/OS Power/Skyline Pipes
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-pict0191.jpg  
Old 01-31-2006, 11:06 PM
Tech Regular

have the skyline pipes a conical manifold?
Old 01-31-2006, 11:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motorman
1 more

Team Phenix is heading to the Winternats
Ray Juhl
Nick Dotson
Demetrius Blount
Al Guerra
Dennis Richey

G4S/OS Power/Skyline Pipes

Nice. Can't waite to hear the nosie this car makes at the Big Show.
Goodluck to all.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XTREMERCHOBBIES
i am using the missile pipe and i love the stinggy sound of it power is okay as you can adjust the length of the pipe by inserting spacers in between. K Factory should make 7mm stingers hehehehe! that would be a blast
I run mine (legal ver.) last sunday, my 18tz is still on the rich side, with shortest length setting. i am already overpower out of courner (19t first gear). but I am not sure if the pwer is better then those expansive Nova or OS pipe cuz I don't have one. hope someone have both can give a review on it
Old 02-01-2006, 01:33 AM
Tech Regular

Motorman: what would your thoughts be on the TM Missile pipe vs the Skyine one?
Old 02-01-2006, 03:26 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Motorman
Testing 10 days and counting. Time to drop the hammer.
Hi Motorman, so how's your opinion about the dual setting for the anti roll-bar is it more difficult or easier to adjust? And I'm curious about the shock piston and the bladder, still the same as before?
Old 02-01-2006, 04:16 AM
Tech Regular

Talking G4S questions...........

Anytime you guys have questions simple or not..............DON'T hesitate in asking. What may be understood and simple to some is new knowledge to others. To me this is really about helping others enjoy the car and enjoying the hobby. Any day of racing is better than work, and hanging out with your buds is half the fun of this whole deal.

I'm really looking forward to driving the new car at winternats. We will have alot to do when we get there in two days of practice. We will have alot on our plate shaking out the new car. There are always some bugs like screws loose....set-up changes.....working with the new clutch....etc etc etc. We will have alot to do to "optimize" performance in the presence of alot of other very very talented drivers and race teams. I can say one thing for sure.... I'm so looking forward to goin' racin' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 04:21 AM
Tech Regular

Talking Rear sway bar........

The rear sway bar mounts have been changed on the new car as well as the sway bars themselves. The cup joint on the sway bar has been enlarged to increase the actually range of movement of the bar. In other words, it allows for more freer suspension travel w/o fear of suspension bind. Without having run the car I can tell you the sway bar is very easy to adjust w/o inducing tweak........and feels ultrasmooth!! Can't wait to see for sure!!
Old 02-01-2006, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Default Ray..... shock pistons

Hi Ray,

I noticed you were on.
If I may, could I ask a question.

Does the new G4S come with the stock shock pistons? Have you tried running these pistons with O rings around. I've been trying this out on my G4E
and it really works quite well.
Seams to give a more consistant feel. And I'm sure it must be stopping some of the 'seep-by' of oil by the pistons as I have come down 5 - 10 weight in oil since trying them.

There doesn't seam to be anymore friction from the addition of the o ring after the initial installation either.
What do you think?

Tony
Old 02-01-2006, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Default info

has anyone hit the track yet
Old 02-01-2006, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

Tony there is no longer a groove in the pistons. Piston and bladder is the same as EVO. I can say that we scrap the oring between the cap and housing and superglue the bladder to the plastic eyelet before we assemble the shock. This does 3 things, it keeps the oil from geting behind the bladder,it keeps the bladder from slipping into the shock housing, and it improves the seal between the housing and bladder as more cap compression can be applied.

Danniz
the sway bars are a breeze now. just loosen them set the car completly up and when its totally tweeked and ride height is set you just tighten them down while the car is sitting on the ground once you rotate the adjusters right and left so they are free. Piece-O -Cake

Jaykay
No conical on the vr12

Last edited by Motorman2; 02-01-2006 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Car Breaker
I run mine (legal ver.) last sunday, my 18tz is still on the rich side, with shortest length setting. i am already overpower out of courner (19t first gear). but I am not sure if the pwer is better then those expansive Nova or OS pipe cuz I don't have one. hope someone have both can give a review on it
i have noticed that the missile pipe is just as good as the more popular pipes such as nova & rb... i run my car at JP Raceway indoor track and dont see much difference, it has a back straight of almost 50 meters and there is no problem pacing up with the others... i am using a V12 Rody... i guess it all depends on the tuning, gearing and way of driving... but the missile is a best buy in my honest opinion

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.