Wiki Posts
Search

trinity draked .12

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default trinity draked .12

does anyone run this motor in there trucks and how well do they hold up?
Old 05-30-2006, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

There will be two versions of this engine. The one currently available, and the upcoming Platinum Edition engine.

The one I suppose you're talking about is awesome...very, VERY easy to drive. It's incredibly smooth but makes great power (especially on top), gets awesome fuel mileage, and is pretty reliable. Maybe not the longest-lasting engine you can buy, but very good considering the price.

The new Platinum Edition engines are monsters. More power at the expense of a little bit of driver-friendliness but still very easy to control in regards to how much power they have. Again, ridiculous fuel mileage, and they will last a long time and are very durable.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Default should i of bought the platinum?

well i just ordered the draked edition not the platinum do u think i should of just threw the extra 40 bucks in and got it? also do u have any good pipe and header recomendation's. Right now i have a stock xxxnt manifold and exhaust but i heard they were pretty decent any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

I only run the Losi headers (both side and rear exhaust) and the Drake Edition pipe. Considering I've see this combination on the trucks of other teams...they've gotta be good! :-)

The original XXX-NT pipe, the chrome-ish one with the rubber stinger, has a pretty abrupt powerband for gas truck racing. I would snag one of the Drake pipes instead.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

cool thanks man
Old 05-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I'll second what Aaron said, they are very smooth, reminded me of an os cv-r but with more on the top. He is right about the fuel mileage, a guy I know has this motor and he can run a long time on one tank, at least 2 more minutes than me, and I was at 10 per tank.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

At Hot Rod, I was getting about 13-14 minutes with the stock tank. Not bad, considering my heavy throttle finger!
Old 05-31-2006, 02:53 AM
Tech Regular

thats damn good i just hope parts will be easy to find for the motor... also do u know of any company's that do good port jobs?
Old 05-31-2006, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

I use basically stock engines..I would venture to say a big majority of the engine modifying companies out there are just removing material so it looks like you've gotten your money's worth. I wouldn't send my engines to anyone to "buy" an engine modification and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else either.

Trinity should carry all the replacement parts for the Drake engines. If you buy the "Draked" edition engines, they will already come ported to the specifications of what Adam does for Trinity's race motors.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Aaron, How long have your Draked editon motors lasted, Mine only lasted 1.5 gallons and has lost all of its compression and won't idle. Do you know where I could get a new piston and sleeve for it and do you have a part number for it. Is it possible to get a new piston and sleeve that has been ported my Adam Drake just like my original piston and sleeve. Thanks
Old 06-01-2006, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

Aaron, Trinity/Drake was planning to offer a .20 Revo engine...any word on that?
Old 06-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

i was thinkin about returning my standard drake motor for the platinum edition is it worth the time ?trinity says the draked edition puts out 1.48 horsepower and the base platinum puts out 1.39. so should i even waste my
time?
Old 06-01-2006, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

rgb - I'm not sure..I would e-mail or call the guys at Trinity and see how they're doing replacement parts for them. The person I talk to at Trinity is on vacation for about another week or so, so your efforts to find out any information will be as good as mine, haha.

I will send an e-mail to them regardless, and see what I can come up with. I hope you can have patience with me on that.

binaryterror - As far as I know, they're offering that engine. I haven't heard any word, good or bad, about the production of those engines since the original plan to offer them so I'm assuming everything is going fine?

rhymester - Horsepower numbers don't mean a darn thing..I really wish engine companies wouldn't publish them at all but since one company does, they all have to in order to sell engines. The Platinum Edition engines do have more power but the standard Drake mills are easier to drive.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

well i got a pretty smooth trigger finger.if i could get your personal opinion which one would u run i mean another 40 bucks is a small price to pay.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

I would probably go for the Platinum Edition engine myself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.