Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T2’009

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adamge
Anyone else find it suspicious that Xray's new oils are _exactly_ at their rating? Even the website you linked to has the new oils as being within a tolerance of their rating.
Those oils in the chart are not the new CST rated oils. Those are the older oils. The chart is to show how Losi and AE oils compare to a CPS rating.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anyone else find it suspicious that Xray's new oils are _exactly_ at their rating? Even the website you linked to has the new oils as being within a tolerance of their rating.
Why would anyone find it suspicious? I would think they would strive to make them that way. The chart gives me less confidence in the other brand of shock oils though... "Okay, here's our marketing pitch - we give the oils an arbitrary number, and we don't explain what it really means"
Old 05-09-2009, 06:21 PM
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

It looks to me like the "New Xray (x10)" is referring to their current oils in cSt rating?

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Those oils in the chart are not the new CST rated oils. Those are the older oils. The chart is to show how Losi and AE oils compare to a CPS rating.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KMW
It looks to me like the "New Xray (x10)" is referring to their current oils in cSt rating?
I agree, the "x10" and the fact that they match rating in cst exactly certainly suggests they are the new oils. Also the fact that they scale linearly viscosity vs rating suggests they are the cst rated oils. Ultimately the problem is that that is a poor chart, and without more info it is just a half-baked attempt at a scientific experiment.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

I guess this is the T2'008 5-Cell Graphite Battery Strap (Set)
Part#: 306164? Will this fit the T2 '009? It does not say it fit '009.

Originally Posted by revo523
I dont think you can use the Hyperdrive lipo tray.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Uhhh, you color blind?
Old 05-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
Uhhh, you color blind?

Jimmy Mac:

1. I believe I made a totally valid question. The orange parts shown in the picture could easily be upgraded parts to a '008. The reason I ask is because
in the part description it does not state that fits '009.

2. I ask questions in this thread, because I am about to purchase a '009.
The fact that I am no expert or has no experience on this product should be no reason to make fun of it, but instead try and point out many like me that could have questions. This is part of the support a company/team looks to provide to it's customers... we are not Know-It-All.

3. There are many other questions I have before purchasing a TC.
Sorry if my newbie questions "offend" someone.

Last edited by LowBoost; 05-09-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LowBoost
Jimmy Mac:

1. I believe I made a totally valid question. The orange parts shown in the picture could easily be upgraded parts to a '008. The reason I ask is because

The fact that I am no expert or has no experience on this product should be no reason to make fun of it, but instead try and point out many like me that could have questions. This is part of the support a company/team looks to provide to it's customers... we are not Know-It-All.

Well if you count the battery slots you can see they have six of them not five. But to answer your question yes it will fit just make sure you buy the 6 cell or the five cell if thats the chassis you have.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

I guess this is the T2'008 5-Cell Graphite Battery Strap (Set)
Part#: 306164? Will this fit the T2 '009? It does not say it fit '009.
Many parts are labeled "T2" when they will fit all T2-series cars. It can be a bit confusing.

See the "T1 & T2 Parts Cross Reference Table" on this page:
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...%20EU%20Rubber
That should help clear things up.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:16 PM
KMW
Tech Regular

For the most part the chart seems valid because it's based off of the ratings vs. cSt tables listed for several manufacturers on TWF8's website. It looks like the "Old" oil values are for the original cSt oils as tested on 9-10-2005 by TWF8 and the "New" oil values are for improved cSt oils from a new supplier to Xray sometime after 12-2006. So one would think that the improved oils are closer to their actual cSt ratings, but you're right in that they shouldn't match the cPS numbers exactly if they were actually tested. It's still a useful chart though even if we don't know where the "New" oil values came from, and you trust the original TWF8 test results.

I agree, the "x10" and the fact that they match rating in cst exactly certainly suggests they are the new oils. Also the fact that they scale linearly viscosity vs rating suggests they are the cst rated oils. Ultimately the problem is that that is a poor chart, and without more info it is just a half-baked attempt at a scientific experiment.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
Many parts are labeled "T2" when they will fit all T2-series cars. It can be a bit confusing.

See the "T1 & T2 Parts Cross Reference Table" on this page:
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...%20EU%20Rubber
That should help clear things up.
Indeed.. confusing.

Nexus, I will be calling on Monday to place an order and some other parts for it.
Hopeully you can help me sort out some parts confusion.

Guys, I really appreciate all the help, sometimes it just gets frustrating going through some many hop-up, parts etc in so little time, after being out of RC for 10 years. I completely overlooked the battery slots on the photo... but then again, I am just relying on the descriptions I found on Nexus web page.

In fact the alu ECS and optional 52mm drive shafts says t2 '008 and not t2 '009 in the description... therfore making it confusing to me.. Again, Nexus.. talk to you on Monday.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Jimmy Mac:

Sorry, my bad. Didn't know you didn't have a sense of humor. That's why I had the laughy face. But yes, it does say 009 on the XRay website.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...ssis%20Weights
Old 05-10-2009, 05:13 AM
KMW
Tech Regular

Uhhh, can you read?

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
Sorry, my bad. Didn't know you didn't have a sense of humor. That's why I had the laughy face. But yes, it does say 009 on the XRay website.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...ssis%20Weights
j/k, he was asking about the battery strap, not the weights.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KMW
Uhhh, can you read?

j/k, he was asking about the battery strap, not the weights.
LOL Yall dont miss one!
Old 05-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 009 Forward Motor Position Conversion 300943

Hi,

Not sure if it's already been discussed, but I'm struggling with the new 38T Pulley & Forward Motor Position conversion for the 009.

I can't get the belts loose enough either on the Front or Rear. Even with the diff bearing housings adjusted, the belts are still insanely tight

Anyone else had this issue? Any idea's?

Appreciate anyone's idea's,

Cheers,

Jason

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.