Search

2011 ROAR Carpet Nationals at Timezone II March 24th-27th

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Thanks

Hi,

just wanted to thank again all down at TimeZone II for a job well done.

I was trying out the latest version of the Litemodz CVD's in my car at the nats, special thanks to Warren Weaver for getting them to me overnight , and I must say they held up to my abuse very well. Corner speed was good, well worth a look. I used them on all four corners. Not one issue. Had a few electrical gremlins, and the driving just wasn't there this week, but the car was good.

see you on the track soon,
Alex
Old 03-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Guys, if you made an A-main at this event, take a second and send me the info on your equipment, your sponsors will appreciate it.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Canyon
Man that DQ just motivated me even more! Too bad some people try to win it on the first lap. Twice. In the same corner. FML.
I thought this was over but i'll take the bait. It just so happens Canyon, we took video of these two races from a very good perspective so we will be uploading them soon so others can form their own opinion.

The first deal where you and Andrew made contact was JUST a racing deal. He should have been more patient but you also should not pinch someone on corner exit. Watch some 1:1 racing and you will understand what I mean.

The second deal was YOUR fault and the video clearly shows this. Again, patience could have prevented the contact but you certainly made the mistake. The main reason I am responding to your post has to due with your ridiculous and immature post race conduct where you acted like a complete ass even after a clearly upset 12 year old tried to apologize. What would you have said if Joe did the same thing to you after you hit him? How was that deal any different?

So, on behalf of the team, we would like to thank you for showing Andrew how NOT to act when things don't go your way!

On a more positive note, I would like to thank the whole Timezone crew for a well run and well orginaized event! Even thought I was only wrenching, I had a great time. I was lucky enough to speak with some of the most friendly people I have ever met at any R/C event. Almost made me want to get back racing!!
Old 03-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Guys, if you made an A-main at this event, take a second and send me the info on your equipment, your sponsors will appreciate it.
Couldn't figure out how to post the info on that page, I believe you must do that Sent you a PM with my equipment. Thanks!

Big thanks goes out to the Timezone crew for all their hard work! They put in countless hours and 4am mornings to get the facility ready for the event, and it clearly all paid off. They have a truly top notch race facility, one that should be envied and inspired upon around the world
Old 03-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRFwhitey
He should have been more patient

Again, patience could have prevented the contact
This was the case in more than just to the stock mains Corey, all week in Mod qualifying too. The lack of patience was exhibited as well at the Snowbirds.

The main reason I am responding to your post has to due with your ridiculous and immature post race conduct where you acted like a complete ass even after a clearly upset 12 year old tried to apologize.
I agree that Canyon acted inappropriately, and I told him so at the race. I also commend these young guns for speed and ability that already far surpases my own. But having personal experience with the lack of patience from two races in a row now I can also see where Canyon is coming from. I'm not flaming here.. Andrew apologized to me as well and its all good, the kid is wicked fast.

I implore someone to teach these younger guys however that 99% of the people at nationals and such are adults that are taking time off of work and spending their own money (not their parents) on these events. It's not a video game, the trigger goes both ways, there isn't a reset button... That's all I'm saying.

Enough of this, more pics!
Old 03-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

Originally Posted by TRFwhitey
I thought this was over but i'll take the bait. It just so happens Canyon, we took video of these two races from a very good perspective so we will be uploading them soon so others can form their own opinion.

The first deal where you and Andrew made contact was JUST a racing deal. He should have been more patient but you also should not pinch someone on corner exit. Watch some 1:1 racing and you will understand what I mean.

The second deal was YOUR fault and the video clearly shows this. Again, patience could have prevented the contact but you certainly made the mistake. The main reason I am responding to your post has to due with your ridiculous and immature post race conduct where you acted like a complete ass even after a clearly upset 12 year old tried to apologize. What would you have said if Joe did the same thing to you after you hit him? How was that deal any different?

So, on behalf of the team, we would like to thank you for showing Andrew how NOT to act when things don't go your way!

On a more positive note, I would like to thank the whole Timezone crew for a well run and well orginaized event! Even thought I was only wrenching, I had a great time. I was lucky enough to speak with some of the most friendly people I have ever met at any R/C event. Almost made me want to get back racing!!
Well it's too bad you think that. I can understand your perspective as Andrews friend, but when we're all so close on the first lap you have to understand that you can't just drive through someone even if they have to check up. I checked up a couple times prior to being run into to avoid hitting Martin. My car didn't flip over on it's own. Every person in the building was in agreement that I got hosed. And obviously ROAR was too since they called a stop and go penalty on him BOTH times for rough driving. The sad part is that a stop and go penalty doesn't put me back up to 2nd where I should have been and doesn't bring back my chance at the national title. I realize Andrew is a kid, but this isn't tee ball. This was a very big race that a lot of people and companies dedicated time and money to. I know he didn't do it on purpose, and I know he's fast. He just needs to learn some more and I'm sure he learned a lot from this experience. It's just sad that he had to learn at my expense. And you mention my "post race conduct"? I patted him on the back and said good "good race buddy". At no point did I say or do anything else. I simply walked away. That's your definition of immature? Interesting. My definition of immature is when Andrews dad has the nerve to call me "an asshole" when I was the one getting run over! Clearly everything that your camp did was in the wrong since ROAR and others had talks with him and his dad about what was going on. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

As for the incident between Joe and I, yes we made contact that could have been prevented if I didn't try to pass him. But I did. And it was door to door contact. Whether it was my fault or not doesn't matter. I didn't drive through his rear bumper the first chance I got. I received a stop and go penalty for that, which myself and lots of others didn't agree with.

Last edited by Canyon; 03-28-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The door to door contact between Joe and Canyon shouldn't not have been called. A lot of people on the side lines felt the same way. Canyon took the inside line, it was a clean pass.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Great job Timezone crew!!! Race was awesome!
Old 03-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

What Andrew are you guys talking about?
Old 03-28-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Was a great race.. I should have done much better in my Ayala and got up into the c mains.. But it was my first big race and I wasn't prepared or did I know how to handle the xtreme grip changes and levels

But I'm chaining it up to experience,..

Even so the D-main 13.5 12th scale was one of the most enjoyable rc races uv ever had.. Seemed to get quite a crowd formed for the finish.. Lol

Thnxs to the tz crew.. Was a great event

I'm definitely consider comin down again and racin with you later on
Old 03-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sasquatch in his summer coat... ????
Attached Thumbnails 2011 ROAR Carpet Nationals at Timezone II March 24th-27th-nats-11-006.jpg  
Old 03-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
This was the case in more than just to the stock mains Corey, all week in Mod qualifying too. The lack of patience was exhibited as well at the Snowbirds.

I agree that Canyon acted inappropriately, and I told him so at the race. I also commend these young guns for speed and ability that already far surpases my own. But having personal experience with the lack of patience from two races in a row now I can also see where Canyon is coming from. I'm not flaming here.. Andrew apologized to me as well and its all good, the kid is wicked fast.

I implore someone to teach these younger guys however that 99% of the people at nationals and such are adults that are taking time off of work and spending their own money (not their parents) on these events. It's not a video game, the trigger goes both ways, there isn't a reset button... That's all I'm saying.

Enough of this, more pics!
Thank you Peter, I appreciate the input. I have worked with Andrew for a year now and he has come a long long way. Where I think the problem lies is he has so much natural talent, that he finds himself racing people who have years more experience then he does. A typical driver racing for 2 years, including when I first started, dont have the car control or race experience to make ALL the right calls. Hell, I didnt make my first A-main till 4 years in! Some people expect Andrew to drive like Keven Hebert or Paul Lemieux, it just isnt possible yet. These are not excuses, these are facts.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

a few more...
Attached Thumbnails 2011 ROAR Carpet Nationals at Timezone II March 24th-27th-nats-11-001.jpg   2011 ROAR Carpet Nationals at Timezone II March 24th-27th-nats-11-008.jpg   2011 ROAR Carpet Nationals at Timezone II March 24th-27th-nats-11-010.jpg   2011 ROAR Carpet Nationals at Timezone II March 24th-27th-nats-11-015.jpg   2011 ROAR Carpet Nationals at Timezone II March 24th-27th-nats-11-016.jpg  

Old 03-28-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Had a wonderful time with the TZ II Hooligans

Thoroughly impressed by the 20 or so TimeZone Hooligans that helped Mark Day prep the TZ II track for the Carpet Nats over the past couple weeks. These "hillbilies" (as they call themselves) have an incredible amount of dedication to r/c racing.

Mark, himself, is my first ever candidate for who is the next Matt Francis. Nicer guys in this hobby just don't happen every day. Now, if he could just make the A-mains in the mod classes...LOL

And Dave Ehrlich is my second candidate for MF honors. Dave being both 'a wheel' and super nice racer. Class, class, class...

Took 3+ years to discover these guys from the Great Northwest.

Hoping to get back to TZ II soon.

Still Bill
Old 03-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Canyon
Well it's too bad you think that. I can understand your perspective as Andrews friend, but when we're all so close on the first lap you have to understand that you can't just drive through someone even if they have to check up. I checked up a couple times prior to being run into to avoid hitting Martin. My car didn't flip over on it's own. Every person in the building was in agreement that I got hosed. And obviously ROAR was too since they called a stop and go penalty on him BOTH times for rough driving. The sad part is that a stop and go penalty doesn't put me back up to 2nd where I should have been and doesn't bring back my chance at the national title. I realize Andrew is a kid, but this isn't tee ball. This was a very big race that a lot of people and companies dedicated time and money to. I know he didn't do it on purpose, and I know he's fast. He just needs to learn some more and I'm sure he learned a lot from this experience. It's just sad that he had to learn at my expense. And you mention my "post race conduct"? I patted him on the back and said good "good race buddy". At no point did I say or do anything else. I simply walked away. That's your definition of immature? Interesting. My definition of immature is when Andrews dad has the nerve to call me "an asshole" when I was the one getting run over! Clearly everything that your camp did was in the wrong since ROAR and others had talks with him and his dad about what was going on. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

As for the incident between Joe and I, yes we made contact that could have been prevented if I didn't try to pass him. But I did. And it was door to door contact. Whether it was my fault or not doesn't matter. I didn't drive through his rear bumper the first chance I got. I received a stop and go penalty for that, which myself and lots of others didn't agree with.
Canyon, I showed the last video to the ROAR official and he agreed with me. I was NOT disputing their call because as I see it, it was the right call. They could not see the incident like we could so they could not have known. As for your conduct, damn right it was immature. You would not except Andrews apology as he came off the stand and made contact with him after the race since you were obviously angry. And yes, you had every right to be upset but as a professional, representing many companies as your signature suggests, you should have been able to work it out after all things calmed down. Possibly even offer advice or suggestions on how you two could have worked together in the next race. These are things a professional rep does!

As for the comment regarding the contact with Joe, I meant, what if Joe would not except your apology for something YOU or spectators believe was just a "racing deal"? I know you wouldnt be happy about it...

But like Peter said, enough of this!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.