Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 02:31 AM
Tech Elite

Hey All,

Some great pix of your cars on here.
Serpentd......you do fine work with that airbrush. Those bodies you've shown on here are world class, really, world class. Nice job

Hey Razzor....that track looks very nice. Unusual how the drivers stand sits back on the hill like that. Makes it a little higher.

I'm looking foreward to getting back on the internet so I can get some pix of my stuff and things on here. It's a little frustrating too not being able to stay on and chat with you guys for very long. Still good to be a part of the family though.

Patto.....you may have something about the diff' and those o rings.
Good thinking my man and nice paint job on the car!!

Menace
Old 02-20-2007, 02:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
Hey All,

Some great pix of your cars on here.
Serpentd......you do fine work with that airbrush. Those bodies you've shown on here are world class, really, world class. Nice job

Hey Razzor....that track looks very nice. Unusual how the drivers stand sits back on the hill like that. Makes it a little higher.

I'm looking foreward to getting back on the internet so I can get some pix of my stuff and things on here. It's a little frustrating too not being able to stay on and chat with you guys for very long. Still good to be a part of the family though.

Patto.....you may have something about the diff' and those o rings.
Good thinking my man and nice paint job on the car!!

Menace
thanks Menace, hope to see some pics soon.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:45 AM
Tech Elite

Default Radio set up

Something that is not often talked about on here, radio set up.

Maybe I should start a new thread.
Does everyone use negative expo' on the steering?
How about brakes....do you all use the ABS feature at all? Or mess around with servo speeds?

I got the M11 and to be honest have not messed around with settings too much at all

Menace
Old 02-20-2007, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpentd
If I had a 5" or 130mm of rod with treads on both ends I would be set. I'll be lookin and keep you all posted.
I am going this route.
Got a bicycle spoke from the Serpent distributor who also sells bicycles.
He said to check my length and then bring in the rod so be can thread the other end for me.
Will have mine done tomorrow.Will post pics as soon as its done.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

How about brakes....do you all use the ABS feature at all? Or mess around with servo speeds?

I got the M11 and to be honest have not messed around with settings too much at all

Menace
Dont really play with these features on my radio.
Only features used are sub trim ,EPA ,dual rate.
On throttle I usually slow down the the movement on accelleration and speed up on brake.
Find that if throttle is to fast it can cause engine to bog from the momentary lean condition.

Most important feature on radio though is the EPA for me.
Maybe will get a few ideas as to what could or should be used for onroad.
exponential is a thought but have never tried it.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I don't use any expo either. I used to up until last sunday when I set all the settings back to normal. I didn't find it to be very different. I have the Helios and I had settings for just about everything adjusted (expo, 2 way steering, 2 way throttle - never used the ABS as it's murder on servos).

As for the brake rod, if you set up the brake as per the manual (so the threaded rod goes into the ball end that attaches to the brake arm, then all you have to do it put an old pinion or similar on the end and voila, you can adjust the brake in the warmup.

I actually prefer to adjust it using my radio so I can adjust it during the racing if needs be. On the Helios I have the steering throw set under my thumb and the brake set on the right of the steering wheel. So if I have too much or not enough steering, I can change it in a basic way, and I can also compensate the brake pressure based on tyre wear in long runs.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Bro, clutch gap is changed by adding or removing the shims between the clutch nut and the inner clutch bell bearing. Should be about .4-.7mm gap.

The clutch nut determines when your clutch will engage. If you tighten it then it will engage later. If you loosen it then it will engage sooner. So, no your clutch nut will not always remain at .5mm. Clutch spring selection can alter this for example. .5mm or say 1 thread showing is a good starting point. Ask away if you have problems, because a good clutch set up is imperative! Good luck.
I thought the clutch gap was changed by the shims between the thrust bearing and the colet? the ones between the inner bearing and clutch nut adjust the end play?
Old 02-20-2007, 03:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
I thought the clutch gap was changed by the shims between the thrust bearing and the colet? the ones between the inner bearing and clutch nut adjust the end play?
The shims between the thrust bearing and the collet is the end play.

The shims between the clutch nut and the inner bearing sets the clutch gap.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i too do not use expo, and also use radio to adjust brakes in a race. i havent gone the hole hog yet on a radio,i use JR XS3, so i dont have ABS function, to be honest i dont use brakes unless coming in the pits. only thing i use is EPA and throttle dead band. i find a more direct feel for the car with out running expo. i did briefly but didnt like it. but personal preference.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
i too do not use expo, and also use radio to adjust brakes in a race. i havent gone the hole hog yet on a radio,i use JR XS3, so i dont have ABS function, to be honest i dont use brakes unless coming in the pits. only thing i use is EPA and throttle dead band. i find a more direct feel for the car with out running expo. i did briefly but didnt like it. but personal preference.

i tried expo, and got more glitches than _ _ _ _ _ something ^%$# , so i reset my mode on my Spektrum and had nver looked back!

one thing i had probs was the brake servo with the littlest touch on brake it would throw it to full brake, in the end i asked a friend and he said reset the bugger and start again, that night i slept well
Old 02-20-2007, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

I use negative expo on my M8. Before that, it was set at 0. Someone showed me a while back to set it to -15 or -20 and see how it feels. This setting helped me become a better driver and prevented a lot of spin outs, and turning in too early, or too much. I never looked back.

I have ABS function but I don't use it anymore. I find that my servos don't last too long with the ABS on.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Neg exponential would that make the steering less sensitive around the nuetral/center area ?
Old 02-20-2007, 11:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Menace
Dude, I run an M11 too. Heavy bugger. But not as bad with Lipo in it. Anyway, everyone thinks that running the radio stock is best. I agree with everyone. However, I do use EXPO on the throttle. This helps me to get more punch out of the hole without having to move my finger that much. You always want your servos as fast as posibble. I think ABS is good if you use brakes. But like ZOOM said it can destroy servos. But there are different servos out there like digital etc. I still prefer anolog servos because they draw less power and still more then fast enough and plenty of torque. So I know that it's hard on these servo's, but not sure about digital or coreless etc. Maybe ZOOM or someone else has more insight on that.

Some have mentioned that they adjust their drag brake with the radio. I will only do this if I have to in the middle of a race. If you adjust your trim towards the brake side, pay attention to what it does on the throttle side. It starts to leave a gap and will give you a dead spot on throttle. This is why I try to avoid that. I do usually set up initial drag and all on the bench and usually very close to where I need it. However I rely on drag brake quit a bit. So I have always had the threaded part forward like RAZZOR and I have been talking about. For my pit man to adjust quickly in pits.

ZOOM, I hear you on the pinion part and thought about that. But sence our rod is not straight and bent slightly to avoid the gears, I didn't think this would work out to well. I will give it a try and check it out.

Thanks for everyones input!!!!! I'm glad we have a positive vibe back on our special thread!!! Keep up the great work guys!!!!
Old 02-20-2007, 12:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
i tried expo, and got more glitches than _ _ _ _ _ something ^%$# , so i reset my mode on my Spektrum and had nver looked back!

one thing i had probs was the brake servo with the littlest touch on brake it would throw it to full brake, in the end i asked a friend and he said reset the bugger and start again, that night i slept well
Dude, I have never heard of radio adjustments causing glitches on any type of radio. Dude, that just sucks. I have an M11, but want to get the Helios I think. Just let me know what radio you have so I don't end up with that one bro.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by razzor
Neg exponential would that make the steering less sensitive around the nuetral/center area ?
Some people do this when they are new drivers and don't know how to compensate other then radio adjustment. Too sensitive for some peoples touch so to speak. But I would definitely try and take that expo back to 0 (zero) after you get your skill up. You will be faster IMO. You just need to learn to not steer too much. This will help you have more feel of the car and what it is actually doing. I have ran into some people that always keep that negative expo to. It's all personal preferance in the long run.

I saw this used in 2wd the most. I can't realy say I've seen it used in 4wd. Oh well, what ever can make you get around that track faster, do it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.