Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Old 07-06-2010, 11:02 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
I have one big tip for you: replace the kit's front steering knuckle and rear upright hub with the 416x hubs and knuckles. I was having huge issues with the screws popping out of the front knuckles.

Also, get the swing shafts for the front, at least. The dog bones create a lot of chatter and sometimes pop out if the turn is hard enough or you are coming in fast enough and make a sudden turn.

Sway bars will also come in very handy, same with the aluminum front and rear suspension mounts. The spacers will help a lot too with fine tuning the squat and roll center of the car.
WWas going to order the Spec R swingshafts from SPeedtech. ai want to get alum. rear hubs for sure and alum suspension mounts as well. I already bought the 1xa blocks for the v2 car. Slowly ordering a few hopups. Looking for a spool now.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by over gear
any pre-order special?
I'll have to look into that.

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Mike...

might be a dumb question.. but how come the V2 conversion doesn't come with the weighted battery holders and slots for tape?

- C
The design already balances left to right with the carbon holders. Steel weights would just add $20 to the cost. In the tradition of Tamiya the steel weights are offered as an option for a small premium
Our current tape tab design would interfere with the steering crank. I'm having a new design upright tape tab molded up that would work but won't be available til Aug. Enjoy the carbon strap! Lipo straps are a great seller for me so I think that speaks for itself
Old 07-07-2010, 10:58 AM
tns
Tech Apprentice

Having never driven a carbon chassis car before, I really must ask - what kind of changes in handling etc can I expect if I were to convert my car from stock plastic tub (or the carbon reinforced option part) to the carbon exotek? Will it make it easier or harder to drive?
Old 07-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hi do any of u guys use Wide Pitch diff pulley and Wide Pitch Front one-way pulley for spool?

Using WP pulley runs more efficient but does it reduce braking power compared to using the normal pulleys?
Old 07-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

The wide pitch pulleys are only available in 36tooth pulleys, the V2 uses 37tooth pulleys so you probably wouldn't be able to set the belts tight enough.

I did run the wide pitch pulleys on a V1 TA-05 before and didn't experience any issues with belt skip under breaking or hard acceleration.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
I'll have to look into that.

The design already balances left to right with the carbon holders. Steel weights would just add $20 to the cost. In the tradition of Tamiya the steel weights are offered as an option for a small premium
Our current tape tab design would interfere with the steering crank. I'm having a new design upright tape tab molded up that would work but won't be available til Aug. Enjoy the carbon strap! Lipo straps are a great seller for me so I think that speaks for itself
sweet... thanks for the explanation. id like to know more about a pre-order too please.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:30 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Is their a reasonable amount of slop in the rear diff from left to right? Reason I as is I have my new V2 built and everything in the driveline is nice and smooth and will get better after I run the bearings a few runs but the diff does have a good amount of side to side play? Now I know I can shim it(I would need plenty of shims thats for sure). I checked the assembly of the bearing holders for the diff and they seem to be right.

I looked over it a few times but I know how simple it is after you looked at something for so long you miss problem/overlook it.

Everything built great with the rear diff play being my only real thing that has me scratching my head. The front one way don't have near as much movement from side to side. I know I have the diff bearing holders in the cams the same way in the front as I do the rear so the spacing should be the same.

Thanks
Brian
Old 07-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

I finished building my v2. I will be racing it this sat.
I will be running the same body I run on my tb03r the Cusco subaru so i will give a review of the chassis pros and cons compared to my tb03. I am very excited to see the differences as I too was debating which to get at first like most here. Both cars have full acer ceramic bearings and titanium axle's by square. Full Tamiya hop-ups. Should be a great comparison.
v2 on the left.....tb03r on the right...Enjoy
let the testing begin
Attached Thumbnails TA-05 ver.2-dscn3672.jpg   TA-05 ver.2-dscn3673.jpg   TA-05 ver.2-dscn3618.jpg  
Old 07-08-2010, 11:08 PM
Tech Addict

Great looking rides !!! the only options you're missing on the V2 are a carbon rear shock tower and carbon bumper brace for that fully blinged out look

Is there any particular reason you've reversed the way the shocks are mounted on the TB-03R ?
Old 07-09-2010, 12:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fat500
I finished building my v2. I will be racing it this sat.
I will be running the same body I run on my tb03r the Cusco subaru so i will give a review of the chassis pros and cons compared to my tb03. I am very excited to see the differences as I too was debating which to get at first like most here. Both cars have full acer ceramic bearings and titanium axle's by square. Full Tamiya hop-ups. Should be a great comparison.
v2 on the left.....tb03r on the right...Enjoy
let the testing begin
Forgot to say great looking cars!!!!
Old 07-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

I've been waiting for the swing shafts to be in stock @Tamiya, it seems like its been two months.This is my 1st Tamiya so I don't have a lot of experience with them, is it normal to wait so long for parts?
Old 07-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outlandr91
I've been waiting for the swing shafts to be in stock @Tamiya, it seems like its been two months.This is my 1st Tamiya so I don't have a lot of experience with them, is it normal to wait so long for parts?
Did you try another source?
Old 07-11-2010, 01:26 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by outlandr91
I just put on new 44mm swing shaft setup with my new spool and it seems to fit well and still enough of the driveshaft in the cup so shouldn't be a problem. Will see this Thur or Sat when I run mine for the first time.

In the rear though my diff does seem to have alot of play from left to right. Looks like I will be buying a good amount of shims to take some of that slop out. Not sure if that is normal on the 05 or not.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

I tried a couple of other places but the only place I could find them was in Hong Kong. I'm a bit leery about getting parts from across the world
I was taliking to Brian and he says he has swing shafts ( for a 416) in stock at Strictly. Will those fit?

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Did you try another source?
Old 07-12-2010, 12:21 AM
Tech Addict

Default Carbon re-enforced tub: worthwhile??

Hi there. Is the Carbon re-enforced tub a worthwhile upgrade or
will it just give less grip to the car. Anyone actually using one with good results??
I'm Running on ashfelt

Cheers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.