Search
Like Tree1Likes

R/C Tech Live @ the 2004 Trinity/Car Action Snowbird Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 12:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks again for the results...

Appreciate it and keep up the good racing !!!
Old 02-07-2004, 12:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mark #10
EddieO

I guess the reason that "SEDAN" Racers dont have a knickname, is that Us oval racers, are a little more MATURE and have better things to do then come up with stupid names for a different form of R/C racers!

"circle jerks" ......get a life!
Try turning RIGHTsometime!!!!

Just kidding!!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2004, 01:08 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by futureal
, girls in thongs, \
Do we get to see this in the coverage too?
Old 02-07-2004, 02:56 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Results from the first two rounds of OVAL qualifying have been posted:
http://www.rctech.net/events/snowbirds2004/index3.shtml

Round 2 of on-road qualifying will begin shortly.
Old 02-07-2004, 06:54 AM
Tech Regular

Default mains

Does anyone know what time the on-road mains start on Sunday, the schedule on the Snowbird website wasn't all that clear, thanks.
Old 02-07-2004, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

TC3: everything changes all the time.
Right now, all the heats are a little behind schedule.
Old 02-07-2004, 07:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys! and Good Morning to all the racers at Birds. Wish I could be there with my Bolink but my mandatory community service has me all tied up. Maybe next year I'll be able to bump fenders with the best of ya's. Anyway Im reviewing these results for the club races I noticed Josh didnt do very well at all. DNS and like a 33rd I think. I know I sound like a broken recorded but I think this has alot to do with his drive down to the Birds. Ive been doing alot of research on the web last nite and some this morning about Fatigue and found some things that are very interesting and only validates my claim about this whole driving fatigue thing. We can only hope that Josh can find some time to catch Z's before the heats start. Otherwise i fear his results may not be what were use to seeing. How far is that trip from Michigan you guys think? anyone there that can ask Josh? I know from where I live it would be about 750 miles doing aprox 65mph, but I usually travel doing 75-80MPH (dont tell the police) so that would cut the miles down to probably 630 miles. So that aint too bad. But without the proper sleep in between it would feel like 1,000 miles, and takes a very hard toll on your body.

P.S. Is anyone putting a Mini T' demo on? or anybody running Legend cars? Thanks guys

Good Luck to everyone racing! Wish I was there!
Old 02-07-2004, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Old 02-07-2004, 07:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

OMG give it a break. I'm 100% sure that if he WANTED to fly down then he would have. Who cares about the club race results anyway? I'm sure most were testing stuff out and not really going all out for the "club" race.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Well I like to walk (or run..LOL) the positive path in life and I think that doing good in the club race can really propel you in the right direction for the actual heats. You know build up some confidence and Self Esteem. If the club heats werent important I dont think they would waste their time running them. You cant take the club race lightly. This is your chance to install that fear factor into your enemy per say. I like to think its half the battle, 85% or so important. I would have liked to see Josh in the top 5 in the club race.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Don't you have some thing else positive to do ........... like community service .
Old 02-07-2004, 08:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Yeah I got another hour or so till I start. Today I gotta shovel some people out, and walk a dog. I know what your thinking! Damn shoveling sux. But actually the dog is the worst part. The dog I walk hates me really, its constantly biting my ankles. Kinda sux. But I feel like Im doing my part to help the community. Its a good feeling.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Todd -

750 miles @ 65.... but 630 @ 80 .. ??!!!

This doesnt compute. So, the faster you go, the less milage? Hmmm, never thought of it like that.

Oh, btw, what hotel are the Snowbirds @? Hilton Hotel? Maybe Paris is down there on vacation??

Like Matthew said, I dont think you need to get all worked up over a club race. I'm sure none of the big name guys even bring out their "A game" stuff for a club race. They hold their cards for the big show.

Any Joel "Magic" Johnson sightings down there? It seems Trinity's roster has been dwindling... figured maybe they'd suprise everyone w/ the Magic Man.

Futureal - I dont wanna sound like Todd here, but, any chance of gettin some spy pics of Custom Works pan car? I'm thinkin about sellin or tradin my wide 10L for one. Thanks in advance.

Good luck to all.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Drilled Piston--- Yeah, I think my calculations on that are correct. I just pulled out the Calculator and thats what it worked out too. Wait let me double check................yeah thats it dude. I think Mapquest even has the mileage vs MPH calculator. If not mapquest it might be on Rand Mcnallys Road Maps for GPS. Working out how fast you should go before you travel really helps in planning a trip. especially for a trip as far as the Birds. I cant wait till next year. I'll be there for sure.

Hey Drilled Piston would you care to trade that wide 10L for a rare gem that I have. I can offer you a Lynx 2 Pro. Very rare dude, its a rare prototype car that debuted at the ProCar worlds. Remember the ProCar series? Anyway I'll offer you that for the wide 10L. Please get back to me on this. Thankyou
Old 02-07-2004, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Shane , any chance of getting some pics of the new 12L4 ?
Thanks , and get some sleep !!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.