Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for a car, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Looking for a car, please help!

Hey everyone,

I'm looking at getting back into R/C. Used to play with them a lot when I was a kid (electric RC-10, JRX2 days). In any case being fairly mechanically inclined I'm definitely interested in Nitro. I need help finding a car that suits my use cases.

The car would mainly be used around the house. Which is a lot of grass and there's an empty lot next door to me where I might mow down and build a little course or something. We also live on a very low traffic culdesac so it could potentially be used there as well for wide open blasting down the pavement. I'm not sure if there are any tracks around here. If there are I might consider doing some competition.

In doing some research I like the Traxxas Jato or possibly the T-Maxx 3.3. I'm thinking I might want to go with a full monster truck for ground clearance due to the terrain, but I'm wondering if I could get away with a stadium truck like the Jato. I have to stay around $400.00

Any ideas please let me know. Planning on ordering something this week.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Save a little more and go with a Revo. If there is any tracks around you will have a race worthy machine.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I have a SC8 that I'm about to put up for sale. It has about a 1/4 to 1/2 gallon on it. Still not really opened up yet. I've used it in the front yard only. Never seen the track. They are awesome turcks. It's ready to run. Just add fuel. Pm me if your interested.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

T-maxx sound perfect for your use.