Search
Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdeadman
So Further to our discussion about heat. I pulled the motor out and cleaned it and re shimmed it properly,

Removed the Timing ring and re geared the car 4.84

1st Qual 5min Came in at 100 Degrees F TQ time as well

2nd Qual Handed it over to a Noob who was there to watch and I watched the car for how it was pitching around the track.

That time came in at 90 F

10 min A Main - After looking at the time sheets My Car was slower than the fastest guys but having TQ meant I ran exceptionally clean in the first run

I ended up Winning that race and the Motor only got to 120F

So not that the motor is working good again I will start upping the Gearing to see where the limit is
Awesome to hear! I have a pretty serious fan setup on my car (1x 40mm, 2x 30mm) and running a 3.80, I came off last night at 115 degrees after 14 min. I know several racers that are running 1 fan, or none at all and make it work with sub 4.0 FDR's. I just prefer running everything cooler for longevity.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by orcadigital
Awesome to hear! I have a pretty serious fan setup on my car (1x 40mm, 2x 30mm) and running a 3.80, I came off last night at 115 degrees after 14 min. I know several racers that are running 1 fan, or none at all and make it work with sub 4.0 FDR's. I just prefer running everything cooler for longevity.
Some people take things way over board. Your car sounds like a vortex underneath. I wonder how you compensate with the amount of lift those fans provide
Old 01-17-2012, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MCSEDanny
Some people take things way over board. Your car sounds like a vortex underneath. I wonder how you compensate with the amount of lift those fans provide
I am compensating for all the hot air coming from the driver's stand...
Old 01-17-2012, 06:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MCSEDanny
That's why the rear end is loose on his car.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 6376vette
That's why the rear end is loose on his car.
It's loose now, but wait till i learn to drive it now that I am not running a 90 degree slip angle off the front tires.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Hahahaha

Yea I just took the fan that came with ESC (citrix club sportsman) and mounted it so it blew across the Motor

Dropped the Temps down about 15 degrees
Old 01-18-2012, 02:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Is the narrow lipo chassis a straight fit from the zero s or do you need to order the narrower suspension mounts?
Old 01-18-2012, 03:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kosmickid
Is the narrow lipo chassis a straight fit from the zero s or do you need to order the narrower suspension mounts?
Standard mounts are fine. As are the axles.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BCZero
Standard mounts are fine. As are the axles.

Great, thank you. Do the standard battery mounts fit so i can use the velcro strap?
Old 01-18-2012, 04:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kosmickid
Great, thank you. Do the standard battery mounts fit so i can use the velcro strap?
No. None of the graphite chassis plates will allow you to use the zero battery strap. You have to tape the battery in.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Local hardware stores here have double sided Velcro, hooks on one side loops on the other, so I use that in place of tape as i cant be bothered redoing tape everytime i charge and it works fine for me, still wears through but lasts multiple track days as opposed to tape...depends how serious you want to take it I guess

Nb, we have to charge in lipo bags, but if you are allowed to charge in the car then this isn't really an issue and tape is lighter and less likely to slip.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:23 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I've got a Sakura S and just picked up the standard and Narrow CF Chassis but the holes for the battery mounts are not there, I have tried the mod here with the TC6 holders but I find they allow too much slop in the battery from end to end. I went the CF chassis to eliminate varying flex from side to side with the hole cut outs in the chassis for the sub C cells but is it that much an issue for a class such as VTA??

Should I just cut my losses stay with the FRP chassis so I can run the strap and flip the cf chassis to someone a bit more of a hardcore racer?
Old 01-20-2012, 02:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Glue some plastic pieces on your batteries where they are at the slots on the CF chassis so the battery will stay in it's place.
Then use glasfiber tape to hold the battery in place.
Works like a charm.
If not, mount the CF batteryholders that come with the CF chassic kit on spacers so you can fit the battery strap on/under there.

regards Roy

Originally Posted by nexxus
I've got a Sakura S and just picked up the standard and Narrow CF Chassis but the holes for the battery mounts are not there, I have tried the mod here with the TC6 holders but I find they allow too much slop in the battery from end to end. I went the CF chassis to eliminate varying flex from side to side with the hole cut outs in the chassis for the sub C cells but is it that much an issue for a class such as VTA??

Should I just cut my losses stay with the FRP chassis so I can run the strap and flip the cf chassis to someone a bit more of a hardcore racer?
Old 01-20-2012, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nexxus

I am running the narrow chassis and am happy with it. If you go to the V2 motor mount and flip the belt, you end up grinding away or losing most of the stock battery mount anyway. I thought the tape would be a pain, but so far, it hasn't bothered me at all. The only time I remove it is for spur/pinion changes, and I have gone through 4 of those with the same pieces of tape. For me, the narrow chassis is nice as I can run pretty soft suspension and not scrub the chassis edges on the carpet.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

I'm still using the stock FRP chassis but have upgraded almost everything else. Buying the graphite upper deck to suit the vertical motor mount was worth the price. I might get the sway bars next.

Last edited by SteveM; 12-24-2015 at 07:58 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.