Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1089Likes

Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-24-2020, 06:21 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kraig
Welcome to the B6.1 and B6.1D Wiki page.

Features:

Easy-access gear differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Laydown Stealth(r) transmission for lower and forward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, standard height
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
Front and rear anti-roll bars limit chassis roll for increased corner speed
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Steel chassis weight
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Features:

Easy-access ball differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Lay Back Stealth(r) transmission for lower and rearward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, long
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
+1 steering block arms optimize feel on dirt tracks
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Setup Sheets and other documentation
Setup sheets for both cars:
Piston Drills:
Aftermarket Upgrades:

Parts List:

Reference Guides (courtesy of Ray Munday and Roger M.):

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 05:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by dms70
Hi all, I’m close to being done with my B6.1 build, and I need to decide on a motor. Brand, but more importantly the size. First and foremost I’m building this buggy 100% for fun use. I’ll be running only at my lhs on the indoor carpet, and outdoor astro tracks. I’m not racing, and I am not bound by any rules or restrictions. Talking with my lhs owner he said, indoor track is smaller so 17.5 would be fine, but outdoor astro is much bigger, so sky’s the limit. This is my first 2wd buggy, however I have and have had plenty of other RC’s. I have good throttle control, and can always dial it down with electronics tuning. Seeing that I want to buy one motor, I’m thinking 10.5 down to 6.5. But I don’t know what to expect as I’ve never felt first hand how these motors perform. I’ll be running a HW XR10 Pro esc. Looking for advice from those with experience running these sized motors.
Unless you are an extremely good driver, it's hard to take advantage of anything faster than an 8.5 turn motor in a 2wd buggy on a track. However, I'd go with a 10.5. You'll have plenty of power indoors and can add some boost for outdoors without changing the gearing, making it easy to jump between the two tracks.
MrLean and dms70 like this.
Old 03-29-2019, 03:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello, will there be a 4gear layback tranny soon?
Old 03-29-2019, 05:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
maybe for the 5.0 car, not the previous ones
No idea if they are the same but TLR design their shocks so the x-rings aren't the correct size until they swell. This causes issues if you build th without soaking them first as they leak for the first couple of runs.
Old 03-29-2019, 05:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Rear Springs

What colour springs are people running on astro, kit has v2 blue which feel like they might be more suited to carpet rather than bumpy astro. And are people running anti roll bars?

I always used v1 white on my tlr but notice that the shocks appear to be mounted further in to the centre line of car on the b6.1 compares with the Losi.

I am going to try kit first and then work from there but need a little direction.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Braxamus
along this same thing, is there anyone who sells the o-rings in bulk so to speak, so you can keep them in your pit box and rebuild as needed, and are there really any better than others, and not just someone going of brand loyalty.
Its not like your going to be changing them every other run. Buy 2 packs from the shop and your golden
Old 03-29-2019, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just picked up a used B6.1. Dunno what you guys are talking about 'easy access diffs.' 6 screws and still having to fiddle around with swaybars and shock towers to get everything out the way isn't exactly easy access in my view! [end grumble]
_danimal_ likes this.
Old 03-29-2019, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is there a durable servo like the savox 1258tg that does not have brown out issues? I currently use protek 100ss but they get out of whack after a while.
Old 03-29-2019, 05:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pistol123
What colour springs are people running on astro, kit has v2 blue which feel like they might be more suited to carpet rather than bumpy astro. And are people running anti roll bars?

I always used v1 white on my tlr but notice that the shocks appear to be mounted further in to the centre line of car on the b6.1 compares with the Losi.

I am going to try kit first and then work from there but need a little direction.
check this out. Works awesome for me.
http://site.petitrc.com/setup/associated/setupb6.1/B6.1_RogerMills_Kidderminster20180422/
Pistol123 likes this.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by lexusbest
check this out. Works awesome for me.
http://site.petitrc.com/setup/associated/setupb6.1/B6.1_RogerMills_Kidderminster20180422/
Thanks, I had seen that setup but wasn't sure how bumpy Kidderminster was. It also confirms my thinking that the rear is most likely going to be too stiff, especially in roll.
Old 03-30-2019, 01:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks, I had seen that setup but wasn't sure how bumpy Kidderminster was. It also confirms my thinking that the rear is most likely going to be too stiff, especially in roll.
roger mills told me that kidderminster is super bumby with sharp edges you can't see on videos.
Also, white v2 rears are a good way to go.
you would likely increase rear weight oil by 5wt if using stock 2x1.8s
Pistol123 likes this.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:15 AM
mes
Tech Elite

You're correct, the blue ones are for carpet and smooth astroturf tracks. Anti-rollbars are great for dialling steering in and out once you've found the right suspension package for your track, make sure to have the full set available. On a bumpy astro track, I'd probbly start with white rear and red front springs.
Pistol123 likes this.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mes
You're correct, the blue ones are for carpet and smooth astroturf tracks. Anti-rollbars are great for dialling steering in and out once you've found the right suspension package for your track, make sure to have the full set available. On a bumpy astro track, I'd probbly start with white rear and red front springs.
Thanks. Not too bumpy - my local astro track is Coastal in Ipswich - sounds like if I get white and grey I should have everything covered.
Never had roll bars before, always just tuned the steering on the inner ball studs washers.
I have my original range of v1 springs I am planning on using for grass - usually green rear and grey or blue up front.
Old 03-30-2019, 05:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

I just finished my car yesterday. Savox 1257 servo, Hobbywing 13.5 G10 V3 motor with 80A esc. My programmer won't work with the Hobbywing esc so I just ordered a Hobbywing programmer last night.

Hobby Wing 13.5 G10 V3 motor with 80A esc
TC5Driven, _danimal_ and Pistol123 like this.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:46 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm running the V2 Rear Blue and V2 Front Red. I've tried a few different combinations, including the V1 Purple Front and V1 Blue Rears, but have found that the kit springs work well for my driving style.
Pistol123 likes this.
Old 03-30-2019, 09:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Default B6.1D choice of motors

Hi everyone,
am new to this forum and have played RC in my earlier days. I recently bought the 6.4D n 6.1D and in the midst of assembling the 6.1D still.
Would like to seek advice on motor choices for both cars. Currently in my inventory, i have 2 Tamiya TRF motors, 5.0T & 7.5T. Both these motors are too fast for these cars. i am not into racing, but just backyard trashing with friends.
I thought of getting a 13.5T motor and a 17.5T motor and where i play are usually off road loose ground n some hard pack ground with bald grassy patches.
I seek advice from anyone if these 2 motor choices of 13.5T n 17.5T, will it be too fast for these cars? What i am experiencing are balooning /expanding tires with my current 5.0T & 7.5T motors, when this happens, there’s no grip on the off-road grounds. I reckon slower motors will prevent balooning tires.
I seek advice if these motor choices and if i am making the right decision or not before purchase.
Any advice or thoughts are welcomed.
thank you in advance. 😀

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.