Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho TF5 and my disappointments

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Kyosho TF5 and my disappointments

Several days ago I bought Kyosho 1/10 4WD KIT TF-5.

I had hoped that buying a famous Japanese brand products, it will be quality and I will be happy buying.

Unfortunately this has not happened.

Product was not complete.
Kit missing three pins and two sponges.
Also many mistakes and confusion are in the instruction manual (read more on my Kyosho blog).
I recommend to think twice before buying Kyosho products!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

well thats a kyosho for ya. the only kyosho i would ever own isnt even a kyosho. its a delta xp4 based on the evola.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

that sounds nasty....
In the past I bought several Kyosho cars.... not a single problem!

A friend of mine recently bought a Losi ... one pin was missing....
Another friend bought an Associated TC5.... one joint was missing...

it seems that quality is going down out there....
Old 01-09-2008, 03:01 AM
Tech Rookie

joezjr
No, it's exactly Kyosho (made in Japan), not clone.

il-gufo
Agree about down quality
It's sad reality.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:09 AM
Tech Regular

so if you are missing some small things the brand is totally rubbish? LOL

why not contact the shop you bought the kit from or contact the distrubitor and get the missing parts? cant be that hard

i have had missing bits in xray, associated and schumacher kits.. not a big problem.. they are just a email away!
Old 01-09-2008, 04:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dont buy in big letters on your blog because the manual has a few mistakes ??
You create a blog and a rctech login just for that ?

Overreacting a bit arent we ?

I ve bought AE, HPI, Xray, Tamiya kits and I always has some sort of issue, some minor, some major but always dealt with with either my hobby shop or the manuf directly (HPI even DHL'd me a trust bearing a few years ago) and my first reaction was not to jump on the net and bash them.

The early Tamiya EBRO-IFS manual showed incorrect part numbers for replacement of the arms and thus people ended up buying the wrong parts... thats worse even , maybe we should do a class action lawsuit for that too ?

Did you contact kyosho ? did you have any answer from them ?
Did they give you the cold shoulder ? What did you do ?
Old 01-09-2008, 04:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

He hates it so much that is forum name is TF5!

haha..... just messing
Old 01-09-2008, 07:21 AM
sbs
Tech Apprentice

I had NO problems with my first Kyosho, when I was building it here in Dec.2007
Old 01-09-2008, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have had no problems with the kyosho offroad stuff ive got. My first losi kit was missing parts, same with my first tc3. Its mass production, it happens. Just talk to where you got it from and get them to provide the parts, instead of writing off the whole brand.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

funny thing is no one ever complains when extra parts come in the kits. Last 2 AE kits I bought (tc5 and b44) had a ton extra things that I thought I was missing on the build
Old 01-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Tech Initiate

When I bought my FK04, the kit had two left side rear bulkheads. I simply returned it to my hobby store and exchanged it. However, I don't believe you are over reacting. Manufactures must have quality standards or your money will go to someone else.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Patriiick
Dont buy in big letters on your blog because the manual has a few mistakes ??
You create a blog and a rctech login just for that ?

Overreacting a bit arent we ?

I ve bought AE, HPI, Xray, Tamiya kits and I always has some sort of issue, some minor, some major but always dealt with with either my hobby shop or the manuf directly (HPI even DHL'd me a trust bearing a few years ago) and my first reaction was not to jump on the net and bash them.

The early Tamiya EBRO-IFS manual showed incorrect part numbers for replacement of the arms and thus people ended up buying the wrong parts... thats worse even , maybe we should do a class action lawsuit for that too ?

Did you contact kyosho ? did you have any answer from them ?
Did they give you the cold shoulder ? What did you do ?
Patriiick,
Kyosho - this is a serious company, not fake factory.
If you do not understand the difference between BRAND and fake
factory, I sincerely pity you.

And if the missing details is little problem, the numerous errors in the instructions - it is a shame! I found more than 10 errors!

If you love problems with the build, may be it's better for you to buy drawings and schema processing of iron ore and metal to make the car from the very beginning?
Old 01-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Tech Rookie

By the way, many of my friends say that recently the kyosho's quality became worse.
If we will continue to tolerate this humiliation, and if you have a lot of time to make a return to dealers, missing parts and errors in the instructions will be more and more.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TF5 K
By the way, many of my friends say that recently the kyosho's quality became worse.
If we will continue to tolerate this humiliation, and if you have a lot of time to make a return to dealers, missing parts and errors in the instructions will be more and more.
That's funny...I just got a new Kyosho kit...new version of the car I've run (and really like) for a couple years. If anything, they stepped it up quite a bit. The first one was an "OK" build...the newer one (same car) was organized better and took a lot less time to build.

I would take a stab that you're probably just one of those people that lose parts yourself and blame everyone else. As for the instructions, they're pretty decent, but they're not really intended for a little kid or first-timer to build...you do need some experience and they never ever tell you EVERYTHING you need to know.

The manuals have to be usable for people who read several languages, so there are always things that get transposed or don't make it through translation well. As you build more kits, you'll gain experience and you won't need them to hold your hand.

I've never had anything missing from any of the three Kyoshos I have...and even if you misplaced a few items...they'd easily send them to you for free if you contacted them.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I purchase a Tf5 last year, and i had no problems with the build, or missing parts,
but the most important thing with a kit is it performance, and the TF5 is bloody sensational ,
the kit setup is right on,
first time out, i got my fast every lap time, and best every race time too,
its just an outstanding touring car !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.