Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Eh....a little bit stuck on what to do. Input necessary. >

Eh....a little bit stuck on what to do. Input necessary.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eh....a little bit stuck on what to do. Input necessary.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Eh....a little bit stuck on what to do. Input necessary.

So about a week and a half ago an rctech user received a Money Order from me for a set of Lunsford SC10 Titanium turnbuckles. He stated that he sent them first class mail. So here are the problems;
1. He could not provide a tracking number
2. First Class mail....should have been here early last week
3. He PM'd me on the 29th (A Sunday) to tell me that he had shipped it that day. Weird, there's no mail service on Sunday
4. I have PM'd him a few times now to try to resolve the situation, and I see that he has been on line a lot, but he just ignores them

This user has made a terrible mistake not to respond, and now I have created a thread because of it(His own fault, really). I will not give out the username until the situation declines. If it becomes better I will have a moderator close the thread. I really need help on this for what to do, I've never had problems with money orders or users on here. I would prefer feedback that doesn't say; "That's what you get for not using paypal" or "Money orders are for stupid people".
Thanks for your opinions and help, as I feel that this is the appropriate way to ask advice from fellow sellers/buyers/traders.

Last edited by samlax77; 06-09-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by samlax77
So about a week and a half ago an rctech user received a Money Order from me for a set of Lunsford SC10 Titanium turnbuckles. He stated that he sent them first class mail. So here are the problems;
1. He could not provide a tracking number
2. First Class mail....should have been here early last week
3. He PM'd me on the 29th (A Sunday) to tell me that he had shipped it that day. Weird, there's no mail service on Sunday
4. I have PM'd him a few times now to try to resolve the situation, and I see that he has been on line a lot, but he just ignores them

This user has made a terrible mistake not to respond, and now I have created a thread because of it(His own fault, really). I will not give out the username until the situation declines. If it becomes better I will have a moderator close the thread. I really need help on this for what to do, I've never had problems with money orders or users on here. I would prefer feedback that doesn't say; "That's what you get for not using paypal" or "Money orders are for stupid people".
Thanks for your opinions and help, as I feel that this is the appropriate way to ask advice from fellow sellers/buyers/traders.
definitely tell the people his username so they can avoid this person then when the problem is resolved the moderator will close the thread and name will not be shown anymore but yah thats why i just dont trust money order foir anything really, not saying its stupid as i have used it before i just dont really like it because u cant open a claim if something like this happens
Old 05-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcduder
definitely tell the people his username so they can avoid this person then when the problem is resolved the moderator will close the thread and name will not be shown anymore but yah thats why i just dont trust money order foir anything really, not saying its stupid as i have used it before i just dont really like it because u cant open a claim if something like this happens
Problem is with giving out a username is that if I'm wrong, I'll look like a jerk. He knows the problem, and if he doesn't respond to a fourth PM tomorrow, his username will go up and bad feedback will be given. I have fulfilled every part of the agreement as a buyer, and he has not as a seller. Even if the product gets here next week, he still gets a neutral at best for his uncooperativeness and lack of tracking #.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Thing is just looking at your posts you can find the thread. You won't look like a jerk if you list his username (I won't list it). But if it does turn bad we can all add him to our ignore list so WE don't have to deal with him. Good luck getting your items...I hope everything works out.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

IMO, it's too early to be getting excited about this. From your posts you say he got the money on the 5th, Saturday (tomorrow) will be 7 days. Even if he did get it to the post office on Saturday it's not going to go anywhere until Monday the 7th. Which would make tomorrow 5 days really.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racer1812
IMO, it's too early to be getting excited about this. From your posts you say he got the money on the 5th, Saturday (tomorrow) will be 7 days. Even if he did get it to the post office on Saturday it's not going to go anywhere until Monday the 7th. Which would make tomorrow 5 days really.
He got it before the fifth. He got it the saturday/sunday before that. That's why I don't think that I am jumping the gun. There is absolutely no way that first class mail should take this long.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 164 (100%+)

Be a little cautious of USPS. They have a lot of sorting centers that are closing or have already closed. This may/could put a extra days on your delivery times. I shipped a package USPS priority mail 2-3 days. It was going to Joplin, MO. The next state over from me. That package went to MO, then to Kansas, then back to MO, because one sorting center was closed. This is not the first time its happened. I shipped a package to FL. When it got to FL, it was redirected to Denver CO, and then back to FL again for delivery.
Just my experience, may not be the case here, but its a possibility.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Budweizer038
Be a little cautious of USPS. They have a lot of sorting centers that are closing or have already closed. This may/could put a extra days on your delivery times. I shipped a package USPS priority mail 2-3 days. It was going to Joplin, MO. The next state over from me. That package went to MO, then to Kansas, then back to MO, because one sorting center was closed. This is not the first time its happened. I shipped a package to FL. When it got to FL, it was redirected to Denver CO, and then back to FL again for delivery.
Just my experience, may not be the case here, but its a possibility.
True, but you knew that because you at least had tracking. -Username- has no tracking, which is really his only proof that he shipped. By the way, can I do anything about it if I never get my package? Can I contact his areas' local PD? It was only 25 bucks so I wonder if it's too small scale.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Save yourself a big hassle and just use paypal from now. Much easier to get your money back if something does go wrong! Good luck with this situation hope it turns out for the best!
Old 05-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Americandream
Save yourself a big hassle and just use paypal from now. Much easier to get your money back if something does go wrong! Good luck with this situation hope it turns out for the best!
I use paypal for orders $35 or larger. This cut under at 25 bucks. It's too bad that some people on here are so immature. The guy refuses to respond to any PMs. If I see that he is online within the next 48 hours and does nothing to resolve the problem, I will post his username and submit negative feedback. I'm not going to get jacked up over 25 bucks with this guy. Either way right now he gets a neutral feedback at best.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

You posted in his thread, IIRC on the 10th saying "you received the money last Satruday" which to me would have been the 5th. This is where I came up with the dates that I did.

Why would you not want to use PP even for smaller amounts like you say? I don't see money orders being an easier option, IMO.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

I sent your seller a PM, we'll see if that goes anywhere.

On a side note for sellers, when your name winds up in this section and it's not followed by "great seller A+++" it's in your best interest to respond to MY PM's. You don't want to contact your buyers fine, they don't have the power to decide if you stay or go but I DO.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

You posted in his thread, IIRC on the 10th saying "you received the money last Satruday" which to me would have been the 5th. This is where I came up with the dates that I did.

Why would you not want to use PP even for smaller amounts like you say? I don't see money orders being an easier option, IMO.
Sorry if I made it unclear. It indeed will be two weeks from today that he supposedly "sent" my package. I hate to put out this thread and everything, it really makes me feel as if people are becoming less trustworthy and just flat out rude. I wouldn't have to send him all of these PMs if he would just turn on the lightbulb in his head and respond. Thanks for the help, and if it doesn't show up next week by Saturday, it's negative feedback and bloack list. But, I have a question for the moderators; what if he submits negative feedback for me? I didn't do anything wrong. And is there any other possible way to get my money back? If not it is not a huge deal.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

I sent your seller a PM, we'll see if that goes anywhere.

On a side note for sellers, when your name winds up in this section and it's not followed by "great seller A+++" it's in your best interest to respond to MY PM's. You don't want to contact your buyers fine, they don't have the power to decide if you stay or go but I DO.
Oh, and thanks for trying to talk to him. I'll keep checking his recent activity page, and I will update the thread to see if anything comes my way or not.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Just saw that he was online again today, after racer1812 sent him a pm. racer1812 did you get anything back from him?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.