Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 09:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default droop change due to difrent springs?

hi there, im tring a set of different springs but everytihng else stock, theyer HPI navy springs. when in neutral position theres less downtravel when lifted up compared to stock springs withe the same ride height. again, everything else is stock, just different springs and shock coller adjusted for rideheight.
would i have to change droop?

thanks
Old 02-28-2004, 10:13 AM
Tech Adept

new version Hara Twister
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Pro 4-dscn1132.jpg  
Old 02-28-2004, 10:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Kingcrab
new version Hara Twister
what are the differences with the old one?
Old 02-28-2004, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

Pro4 with 3 mm 3 d cutting chassis
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Pro 4-dscn1134.jpg  
Old 02-28-2004, 10:26 AM
Tech Adept

lower all gearbox, drivetrain, steering parts
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Pro 4-dscn1136.jpg  
Old 02-28-2004, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

more
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Pro 4-dscn1138.jpg  
Old 02-28-2004, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: droop change due to difrent springs?

Originally posted by rc_square24
hi there, im tring a set of different springs but everytihng else stock, theyer HPI navy springs. when in neutral position theres less downtravel when lifted up compared to stock springs withe the same ride height. again, everything else is stock, just different springs and shock coller adjusted for rideheight.

thanks
Since you changed your springs and ride height you will have to adjust your droop.
Old 02-28-2004, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by utieh
what are the differences with the old one?
I've got the new version...
basically still a KO VFS-2000... only main difference is the programming.... if you have the PC or the handheld programmer...it can be easily changed...

Kingcrab...

what are you asking for the 3d chassis?
Old 02-28-2004, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: droop change due to difrent springs?

Originally posted by rc_square24

thanks
If you adjusted it right so that the ride height is the same. Your downtravel should be the same also. The only time downtravel will change is when changing to a different size tire. Given that ride height was set the same. As long as the tires are the same the angle of the lower control arm so achieve a given ride height would be the same. But if tire size changes the angle will change also to correct ride height and then your downtravel would change. But just springs will not affect downtravel.
Old 02-28-2004, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

I agree with SpeediePHATT

You should only need to adjust your droop if you fit differant diameter wheels (eg. when foam tyres wear down). Using th kit setting of 5mm droop for the rear based with a 65 dia wheel, then changing to 61mm dia wheels you would need to go from 5mm droop to 3mm. Then control the ride height with the shock spring adjust nut.
Old 02-28-2004, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

"BUT, where i can get extra spurgears, bevelgears and pivot blocks like 2.0 and 2.5*???"

You can use any spur, kimbrough, etc., and the asian places seem to have spares, but i know that the suspension mounts were supposd to be option parts not out yet.
Old 02-28-2004, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Default Tire size and Droop

Guys;

No matter what brand/type of Car, Tire size will NOT effect droop.

Only the ride height will change if the Tire diameter is changed, droop will not be effected. Changing to stiffer/softer springs will effect ride height, but if returned to the original setting, will not have an impact on droop.

If the Racer then decides to change/restore ride height after a Tire change, then droop should be checked and re-adjusted to keep the same settings.

Ride height adjustments will effect the total amount of droop, but droop settings should NOT effect the ride height.
Old 02-28-2004, 07:30 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Spur gears: I just put a RW spur in it after i stripped mine.

Bevel Gears & other spares - The bevel gears should be in the shops around march 15, according to the person we talked to at horizon. I assume its the same for all spare parts?
Old 02-28-2004, 08:29 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default Re: Tire size and Droop

Originally posted by popsracer
Guys;

No matter what brand/type of Car, Tire size will NOT effect droop.

Only the ride height will change if the Tire diameter is changed, droop will not be effected. Changing to stiffer/softer springs will effect ride height, but if returned to the original setting, will not have an impact on droop.

If the Racer then decides to change/restore ride height after a Tire change, then droop should be checked and re-adjusted to keep the same settings.

Ride height adjustments will effect the total amount of droop, but droop settings should NOT effect the ride height.
You are wrong in your first sentence...Tire size WILL affect drop or up travel as some call it...In a major way!! It all depends on how you measure droop if you will actually see it.

If you use a droop guage then you wont see it. But if you measure your droop using a ride height guage and measuring up travel then you will see the difference. I think most pro drivers have stopped using droop guages and are using ride height guages now.

ea
Old 02-28-2004, 08:39 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Droop by the arm, and actual chassis droop are two totally different numbers. Setting droop by the arm is usually fine for rubber tire, and or getting the car squared up on all 4 corners, but after that, you should use actual droop, unless you are using rubber tires since the diameter doesn't change.

To measure actual chassis droop, measure your ride height, then lift the chassis with a hex driver, or other tool until the wheels are about to lift off the setup board ( or other perfectly flat surface ). Re-measure ride height. The difference between your actual ride height, and the ride height while lifting the chassis is your actual chassis droop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.