Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Old 02-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrLosiIsAdouche
Look at you, trying to act all tough. Everybody can see you're a big bitch with a little stick, running around on a power trip like an insecure child. Could you please shut your fucking mouth and let us get back to business here? The last thing anybody needs is some half-retard with the grammar of a third grader telling us how to act. Thanks.
LMFAO, that deserves archiving so generations to come can read that marvelous smackdown.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

That wouldn't have happened if he had to log in as himself...

No identity, no credibility.

Just an opinion. Like the rest.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Can someone please post a bulleted list of the acceptable topics for this thread. It seems like talking about the motor itself is not currently support in this thread.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I was talking with some people in FL from Trinity about these motors and there was some talk about some running changes coming. Not sure when it will hit the streets, but I think we will see some changes. There was also a lot of talk about bringing the DUOs back as well. I guess we will have to wait and see.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

The issue is being fixed......I talked to Chad, the amount of defective motors is under 100, out over 2000. Still a lot, but not as bad as people make it seem. They are in the process of working the issue out with the factory.

The Duo's are coming back.....later this month they are supposed to arrive from what I was told.

Later EddieO
Old 02-20-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
The issue is being fixed......I talked to Chad, the amount of defective motors is under 100, out over 2000. Still a lot, but not as bad as people make it seem. They are in the process of working the issue out with the factory.

The Duo's are coming back.....later this month they are supposed to arrive from what I was told.

Later EddieO
Chad offered basically the same information to me when I talked with him, at this point I would personally rather have a DUO as I know they are good.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Tech Legend

The Pulse is still a more advance design compared to the Neo ...
Old 02-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone with inside info know if the details will be ironed out for the upcoming ROAR carpet nats? Sure would be a good time to have some good working motors proving themselves.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrLosiIsAdouche
Look at you, trying to act all tough. Everybody can see you're a big bitch with a little stick, running around on a power trip like an insecure child. Could you please shut your fucking mouth and let us get back to business here? The last thing anybody needs is some half-retard with the grammar of a third grader telling us how to act. Thanks.
And what does it say about you, creating abrand new account to post your opinion with anonymity? Show some stones and post as yourself if you feel strongly enough about it to post an opinion.

Originally Posted by mr. losi
i am going to leave the above post on the site, i feal it shows the lack of respect or understanding of what it takes to try and deal with a site of this magnitude.
Sorry I led this thread down the off topic road... bad habit of mine.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:06 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trips
And what does it say about you, creating abrand new account to post your opinion with anonymity? Show some stones and post as yourself if you feel strongly enough about it to post an opinion.

Sorry I led this thread down the off topic road... bad habit of mine.
it happens from time to time here......no worries....
Old 02-23-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

After some Dyno time on the pulse motor, in my case a 13.5 motor, I have found that the motor will get similar numbers compared to a pulse if run at about positive 18 degrees of timing. Running this motor at 0 produced numbers less than a stock motor and even worse performance when retarted. I only checked the retarted timing performance as some people had talked about doing this to eliminate the cog effect when using certain speed controls. At a retarted timing setting this motors is really hurting itself performance wise so I wouldn't advise it, go after another profile setting on the speedo. One thing to note, you should probably run 3-4 teeth less than you would on a Duo.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
After some Dyno time on the pulse motor, in my case a 13.5 motor, I have found that the motor will get similar numbers compared to a pulse if run at about positive 18 degrees of timing. Running this motor at 0 produced numbers less than a stock motor and even worse performance when retarted. I only checked the retarted timing performance as some people had talked about doing this to eliminate the cog effect when using certain speed controls. At a retarted timing setting this motors is really hurting itself performance wise so I wouldn't advise it, go after another profile setting on the speedo. One thing to note, you should probably run 3-4 teeth less than you would on a Duo.
Good to know, now I just need my Pulse so I can give it a shot...
Old 02-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
It's 09 you have to include what speedo, profile, timing, and boost (if applicable) I'm assuming you mean 18dg on the motor, if so how much in the speedo?
Old 02-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikeXray
It's 09 you have to include what speedo, profile, timing, and boost (if applicable) I'm assuming you mean 18dg on the motor, if so how much in the speedo?
Yes, initial timing on the motor. Speedo used at 0 degrees advance. Bad part is I don't believe you can do something like 10 degrees on speedo and 8 degrees on motor and get the same results as a 0 on speedo and 18 on motor. It just doesn't seem to convert over. The timing seems to be the key to set for optimum performance on the motor itself. Then tune for additional performance with the speedo, probably more in line with taking the punch out of the bottom end for driveability. The Pulse actually has better bottom end efficency and power than the DUO, or at least a smoother power curve.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.