Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Turnigy Trackstar 150A 1/8 scale brushless esc? >

Turnigy Trackstar 150A 1/8 scale brushless esc?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turnigy Trackstar 150A 1/8 scale brushless esc?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by j_blaze14
end point adjustment, kinda like when you set end points on steering.
So on my Traxxas I have two knobs one for throttle trim and steering knob. I have the throttle trim set to 0 is that. Do I just adjust the throttle down to right before it starts to go in reverse? Not sure what you mean by setting the EPA's adjustments. Nothing in the TrackStar manaul about EPA either.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by VVaI2LoCk
THanks for the info. I"m pretty much a noob. What's epa? Also if I'm running a 19 pinion shuold I try 18 or go lower?
epa is end point adjustment, its the set maximum and neutral points for throttle & steering that you program on your radio to make sure you dont over-exert your servos and dont over-rev your motor. And if your truck's cogging too much at low speed then dropping a few pinion teeth is in order, but if it revs too high at low speed then add a few pinion teeth. Try to find the Goldilocks zone
Old 04-08-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I have a hyper 9e with an mmp esc... Would the trackstar 2650kv be a good fit?? Does anyone know if this motor will run with the mamba 2650kv?? Any Help Thanks!!
Old 08-30-2013, 10:10 PM
Tech Adept

Hi!

Is anybody using this ESC with Spektrum DX3 radios? I have a problem with calibration. It isnt detects reverse, only forward at setup.
I tried with DX3C, E, and with an R, tried wtih DSM1-DSM2 receivers, tried with 2 motors... nothing
Old 08-31-2013, 07:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by herK
Hi!

Is anybody using this ESC with Spektrum DX3 radios? I have a problem with calibration. It isnt detects reverse, only forward at setup.
I tried with DX3C, E, and with an R, tried wtih DSM1-DSM2 receivers, tried with 2 motors... nothing

Did you UP your EPA's to 150 and try it ?
Old 09-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Integra
Did you UP your EPA's to 150 and try it ?
Did not work, BUT!

I have a Trackstar 120A too. It calibrated fine with all Spektrum radios until I plugged the Turnigy program card yesterday (only checked the settings, didnt changed anything).
After this it was not recognise the reverse at calibration, as the 150A version. But now with 150% EPA settings I can calibrate it...

So the program card messes the speed controls somehow... at least with Spektrum DX3 radios.
I have a cheap 27 MHz radio and it calibrates fine with all Tracktar speed controls.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:48 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by herK
Did not work, BUT!

I have a Trackstar 120A too. It calibrated fine with all Spektrum radios until I plugged the Turnigy program card yesterday (only checked the settings, didnt changed anything).
After this it was not recognise the reverse at calibration, as the 150A version. But now with 150% EPA settings I can calibrate it...

So the program card messes the speed controls somehow... at least with Spektrum DX3 radios.
I have a cheap 27 MHz radio and it calibrates fine with all Tracktar speed controls.

Interesting.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone tried the GenII version of this esc with a 550 motor in a SC truck? The specs list a fairly low KV limit for 2S(3000), but they could just be referring what's typical with 1/8th scale motors. Is there any reason it would have issues with a 4.5T or 5.5T motor?