Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC10 Factory Team GT???

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Jeff

Charlotte, NC. And they are two or three weeks from opening a indoor track, RC is getting pretty popular around here, race most of all 12 mkonths Im lucky.
But I dont get to Play Ice hockey on the frozen ponds. Used to Live in NY and thats the only thing I miss lol

dave mac

Have you tried that mt12 yet?
Old 11-01-2004, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

The mt .12 No, only got it out of the box to swap carbs with nitro dan. Haven't even put it on a motor mount yet. Figured I might as well save it for next season. There's an indoor track (nitro) that's a lil more than 2 hours away from me. Kinda far for me right now. If they'd run 30 minute mains I'd try harder to get out there, but they only go 15. So carpet flashlights for me.

Was that you that said they were running li-poly pack electrics along with the nitros? If so, how's that working out. Sounds interesting. Do they make the electrics simulate a pit stop or anything?
Old 11-01-2004, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

losi, if you follow the AAW thread, you will have read all about my current driving experience with my GT. even if associated comes out with a freakin jet powered hover car, it will take ALOT of wins to get me to trade in my old one. ALOT. i dont care if the new one drives itself, newer aint necessarily better.

OTOH, maybe we can get tony phalen to give us a leak on the new truck

dont get me wrong, ill probably still buy the new one when its out, but that doesnt mean im going to race it, instead of clarise. (yes i named her, and no, you cant laugh)
Old 11-01-2004, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by beetlebz
losi, if you follow the AAW thread, you will have read all about my current driving experience with my GT. even if associated comes out with a freakin jet powered hover car, it will take ALOT of wins to get me to trade in my old one. ALOT. i dont care if the new one drives itself, newer aint necessarily better.

OTOH, maybe we can get tony phalen to give us a leak on the new truck

dont get me wrong, ill probably still buy the new one when its out, but that doesnt mean im going to race it, instead of clarise. (yes i named her, and no, you cant laugh)
I see. Honestly, I just am tired of buying NEW cars when they are to be replaced with a new version a few weeks later. All I'm saying. I'm actually working on a job at HobbyPeople, so I should know somewhat firsthand. I'm thinking of just keeping my N.Rustler until a new version arrives.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:26 PM
Tech Legend

DMac, the reason you use the losi ft alxe is to get a wider track than what you can achieve with the T-4 ft alxe...

With the losi alxe you can make your Gt as wide as the the T-4 ft end...
In fact the losi part has so much more room, you can make the ft track wider than a T-4 if you wish to do so....

So in a word, the ft losi alxe got "girth" baby ! He!

The extra steer spacer`s are required to get a neutral bump steer.If you used no spacer`s you will have way to much bump steer.(Bad)
If you are using a dubro ball end , you will need quite alot of space....( Thats what I`m using >dubro)

JBrow >>>Working on pic`s, will be on here in a few more days...

Ps Kool of you guys to be interested, I just have to learn how used camera & learn how to post pic`s.... OOO ! MAN !

Old 11-01-2004, 11:27 PM
Tech Legend

Double post...
Old 11-01-2004, 11:37 PM
Tech Legend

Originally posted by LosiFromHell986
Since this is the RC10GT thread, I decided to ask. Should I wait to buy a GT for an update, or should I just break down and buy one when I get my job?

I reconmend waiting...

The new Gt is due in the spring...

If you can`t wait that long ....... Do what you gota do....
Old 11-02-2004, 03:39 AM
Tech Regular

Jeff

Yea we are still running the Lipo gas truck class, at a couple of tracks in our area, Lipo have to pit one time in a twenty minute main, they come in someone picks them up counts to three and puts them back. At the one track their is a $250 Bounty plus the guy adds like 20 per week to the pot ,if a electric can win, at this track a electric has not won yet, at the other track, their is not Bounty and a electric kicked all our buts last saturaday.

It really has helped two dying classes become one great class.
We had maybe two or three gas truck if you were luck back in the summer, now we get 10-14 every week and seems to be growing, last week we had 12 gas, two electric, And I took home the checkered flag. The top three fast guys all broke.

Thanks
Dave Mac
Old 11-02-2004, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Dave, great job on the win!! Really wish I was still racin the GT. Also wish a lipoly/gas class would emerge. But no one around here seems to have heard of li-poly packs. I don't think it would go anyhow, the electric guys here are to die hard. They think a long race is pointless. Oh well.

I always figure in a longer main, with around 7 or more trucks you can count on a couple DNF'ing. That's one of the best reasons to have a properly maintained truck, cause you'll almost automatically not finish last if you drive clean. Just usually not the fast guys that break down. Last race I was in the one guy I knew would beat me broke. I still ended up third b/c of glitching problems. I was glad to just finish. That's my goal for every race I enter, to finish, not first/second or whatever, just my truck to run for the duration. Anything after that is a bonus!
Old 11-02-2004, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Thats funny about the die hard electrics not wanting longer mains, their is a few around here, and I cant figure them out.
Yea I was surprised that all three top dogs broke.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

jbrow - That strategy of "just finishing" doesn't hold merit anymore. 12 of 13 gas trucks finished the main at the Nationals.
Old 11-02-2004, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

AW

He is talking club level, NOT PRO LEVEL where the sponserd guys, dont even use the same plastic, as the the kits are sold with their names on them. And the average club racer doesnt do half the maintenece as the pro does.
Old 11-02-2004, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

We use the same plastic that's available on the shelf!

I knew what he meant, I was simply poking fun. Even at local races around here, just finishing will net you a top five.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, I say just to finish to satisfy myself that I maintained the truck well, and drove good enough not to crash and burn. I usually place pretty well. And I know who will beat me, and I love racing those people! Helps keep it fun for me. When I tried to win, it got frustrating. I started doing much better when I lost that attitude.

I did well this year, placed third in the series I ran, and made the A at the bigger races I went to with good turnouts. Didn't break anything this year besides an idler gear, and burned out the diff twice in qualifiers at the beginning of the year. Hehe, quit running a loose diff after that.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

Local races will probably all be that way.

It was just a rude awakening to start making mains at big races, and realizing that you had to drive has hard as you would in a qualifier -and keep that pace for 45 minutes- to finish well. It's nuts!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.