Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by racenut123
Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd Yokomo sd

Thats something to get exceited about.
yawn..... a Brokomo?
Old 11-28-2003, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Its unfortunate...

Tamiya instead of trying to fix a problem they rip off everyone who is loyal to them off by releasing a New Car! Evo3 is an awsome car except for one thing.I dont dare mention it because people will say its not really a problem.Its usually those who are taken good care of by Tamiya who defend thier practices but that neither here nor there.Jimmy Jacobsen laid it out straight when he quit running for them.He said"sell the damb thing because they are not gonna fix it" Thats exactly what I did. He said it would have been one of the best cars out were it not for them being cheap and finding a fix.But what should we really expect from a car called Evolution.The first 2 were piles of crap being they took parts from other cars and slap them together.Same with the evo3 in certain respects.Get it right already.I wouldnt want to get to Evo V and still not be satisfied.
Old 11-28-2003, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Evo_Uk
you got an SD now racenut?
Yeah.....Rayspeed Sd.Honestly,I have not broken a thing on my sd and I hit things religiously.My Sd feels just like my Evo3s did.Very fast but now I dont have to worry about if I hit something my gear in the front is toast.I still have plenty of Tamiya cars.It just makes me mad that they would even consider releasing another evo so soon after I plunked down 375.00 for a car that breaks too often.The 415 looks promising.Expensive,but promising.
Old 11-28-2003, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

wow youve changed your tone man, oh well
i see where your coming from i guess.

Tarnjit

still im looking forward to this car
Old 11-28-2003, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Like I said,the car is FAST.If you can tolerate the front end blowing up that fine,stick with it!After the last 2 weekends of racing and not stripping front gears and being on the same pace with my SD,I am finally happy with my car.I still like tamiya cars.My M03 Mini cooper is my favorite car of all time!
Old 11-28-2003, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

are their two racenuts?
Old 11-28-2003, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Forgot to take my meds this morning and decided to hijack this thread!
Old 11-28-2003, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

They are working on a solution with the front one way gear. Tamiya is a very VERY busy company and they've got a lot of resources working on MANY different projects.

I saw some new molds for the front one way gear and needless to say, they are definately working on it.
Old 11-28-2003, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

all car have their problems , with some it their brittle arm or c-hubs others it hing pins no one car is perfect they all have one problem or another.
Old 11-28-2003, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

why do i feel like a sucker after buying this car. o well it looks nice on the shelf
Old 11-28-2003, 09:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by mugenracer
why do i feel like a sucker after buying this car. o well it looks nice on the shelf
How was the car today with the Tech Shaft??

I don't know what it is but I have not stripped a front one-way gear for many, many runs now.

All I have done is shimmed the front box and taken super special care when assembling the front end.

I check the gears when I get home every week and they still look excellent and spin freely and smoothly without any notchy feeling.

I just hope fitting the Tech Shaft does not mess all that up or I'll be switching back to the original.

Personally I am very happy with my TB Surikarn.

steevo
Old 11-29-2003, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

HOW DID I DO IT!!??

ok, people are always mentioning the stripping front oneway, and i have also had this happen. yes it is a problem.

but since i have installed the square alloy cases i have never EVER!, striped another oneway gear.

i use a 6T hacker (read quick, very). on a track i race at. the layout was new, so there was crashing involved. now get this, i crashed very hard heaps of times but NNEEEEEVER striped the one way gear at one point i crashed so hard that the crown gear stripped itself at the section the shaft goes through but the oneway was fine! i striped the crown gear but NOT the oneway!!???

can someone answer this perplexing question? i;m happy with my evo, but i hate the play in the steering linkage. especially after owning a mugen mtx3 and enjoying slop free joints there!

plastic quality is something to be desired though on some parts. tamiya should consult mugen on this! tamiyas bullcups suck!
Old 11-29-2003, 07:08 AM
Tech Addict

I have your answer : you use square gear boxes.
Old 11-29-2003, 07:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Default TB EVO III vs. Yokomo SD

Has anyone here got experience to try out both EVO3 and SD before? I am thinking of buying either one, which one should I go for? Thanks!
Old 11-29-2003, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

good news i installed the tech shaft and so far so good. I can drive it again!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.