Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BE CAREFULL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 10:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I think the real lesson here is real on-road racers shouldnt mess with cheap & cheezy RC helis
Old 08-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bus driver
This sounds like a cigarett company.Show me proof that smoking causes cancer.I got lung cancer from smoking.I smoked for 20yrs cigg company say show me proof they my product did this."I cant I say" well then there is no proof they did it.Just because there is no picture does not mean it didn't happen

.If your lipo was to burst into flames.PLEASE PLEASE the first thing you should do is grab your camera and take a picture or some vid of the fire for us.The problem I see is that is gonna be the last thing on your mind at that moment.Putting out the fire seems to be the better option.LOL
I guess you missed the first part. INFO INFO INFO. Info is what separates hearsay from truth. Yeah my cousin's nephew's father's brother had a lipo fire in Canada last year, lipos are bad type comments don't cut it. Battery type, charger, condition, etc tell us the reader what happened. OMFG LIPO FIRE tells us a whole lot doesn't it?

The pictures comment was a little towards the end. And just so you know pictures can be taken after the aftermath which our kind thread starter has decided to do. I didn't think that was unreasonable.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

LMFAO...... Man you guys are ruthless.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ha....well then...lipo for heli boat car plane truck...its still the same batt.some of you make me sick.cheezy heli?well that might be.put this on the heli thread?mabey your right.maybe i should of kept my mouth shut because none of you can be polite and hear someones request for you to be carefull with your shit.f@#$ u.for the ones who read this thread and gained some caution,good.i never said dont use them,i sayed be fuking careful asshole.hope you post your house burning down on youtube so i can laugh my ass off.this was a tiny 2c 800mah batt..i hope you use a bigger one than that and see if you have anything to say about it.prick
Old 08-22-2007, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

I feel kinda bad for Orion. Such high expectations. Should they ever have a single instance of a failure god forbid. What would we all do?
Old 08-22-2007, 11:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by socalbomber
ha....well then...lipo for heli boat car plane truck...its still the same batt.
Actually, no.
Tech Apprentice

I just dont understand why its so hard to believe that a lipo fire happened.Yes some people lie and like to start a web fight.I just saying after reading these boards the lipo guys just seem to ignore the fact that it happens.Then get all bent out of shape when people say they have seen it or happened to them.I personnaly have seen more nimh fires then lipos.I am not a lipo hater,just dont have a blind eye to the fact they are dangerous.

The good packs like orion are not common knowledge to newbs.People shop on the net and go to thier hobbyshops and try to save money by buying cheaper batts.Not knowing the dangers.Telling a newb they got what was coming to them because the bought a cheap battery isen't cool.They dont know the dangers.Most are backyard bashers and will never talk to a vet at the track.Sorry to say but alot of hobbyshop workers dont even know there own products so they dont have knowledge or dont care as long as they sell the product.
Tech Champion

ha....well then...lipo for heli boat car plane truck...its still the same batt.
Not exactly. Same technology not always constructed the same. Might wanna take a look at this:

http://press.team-orion.com/press/av...am_quality.pdf
Old 08-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

you know what..some of you are the reason alot of people dont get into this seriously and find yourselves complaining why track tournout is so low.have you looked in the mirror for the reason?
Old 08-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bus driver
I just dont understand why its so hard to believe that a lipo fire happened.Yes some people lie and like to start a web fight.I just saying after reading these boards the lipo guys just seem to ignore the fact that it happens.Then get all bent out of shape when people say they have seen it or happened to them.I personnaly have seen more nimh fires then lipos.I am not a lipo hater,just dont have a blind eye to the fact they are dangerous.

The good packs like orion are not common knowledge to newbs.People shop on the net and go to thier hobbyshops and try to save money by buying cheaper batts.Not knowing the dangers.Telling a newb they got what was coming to them because the bought a cheap battery isen't cool.They dont know the dangers.Most are backyard bashers and will never talk to a vet at the track.Sorry to say but alot of hobbyshop workers dont even know there own products so they dont have knowledge or dont care as long as they sell the product.
What you just said is exactly why the info is so important. I know they're dangerous and I am always on the lookout for problems others may be having with the same stuff I'm using. I don't know why simple requests for more info get met with such derision.

For the record, I said nothing about his noob status, spelling or haircut (just playing Socal). I only requested details.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

not u kuzo
Old 08-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

there is not any video of a properly cared for Nimh blowing up "like a gernade", just the same is their isn't any video of a properly cared for Lipo catching fire. Guess everybody at the track has better things to do than video a battery on a charger. Intrestingly enough, that dosen't stop Lipo guys from spouting off stories of Nimh cells blowing up like its common place, nor do they mention the charging or battery conditions of the affected batteries. Seems both sides are very adapt at propaganda.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:17 AM
Tech Champion

you know what..some of you are the reason alot of people dont get into this seriously and find yourselves complaining why track tournout is so low.have you looked in the mirror for the reason?
Do you mean those of us that recommend the Orion batteries to the new guys at our tracks? GUILTY! I even offerred my fellow racers a money back guarentee on Orion batteries where I raced. If they werent having more fun racing with their Orion packs vs nimh then I told them I would buy their pack from them at whatever they paid.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

not u kuzo
BTW, thanks for the update and pics. This is why I'm sticking with Orion packs and A123 if they ever get moving. I don't even trust my laptop or cell batteries.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Scrubb
there is not any video of a properly cared for Nimh blowing up "like a gernade", just the same is their isn't any video of a properly cared for Lipo catching fire. Guess everybody at the track has better things to do than video a battery on a charger. Intrestingly enough, that dosen't stop Lipo guys from spouting off stories of Nimh cells blowing up like its common place, nor do they mention the charging or battery conditions of the affected batteries. Seems both sides are very adapt at propaganda.
The nimh I saw explode was due to a flaw in the design of the MuchMore CTX-D. Fortunately lipos dont need to be discharged.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.