Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree44Likes

Kyosho Scorpion re-release

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

[ATTACH][ATTACH]Kyosho Scorpion re-release-img_1183-800x600-.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
A couple pics of my Re Re so far very nice kit..
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Scorpion re-release-img_1181-800x600-.jpg   Kyosho Scorpion re-release-img_1182-800x600-.jpg  
Old 11-19-2014, 07:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hallgm
[ATTACH][ATTACH]Attachment 1249285[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Nice looking ride!
Old 11-20-2014, 09:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hallgm
[ATTACH][ATTACH]Attachment 1249285[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Nice score on those old Kyosho hop up rears!
Old 11-20-2014, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You guys need to check out Kyosho's website. They have lots of upgrades now. better shocks, carbon parts, and a Le Mans motor.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

I see Kyosho has the Beeetle listed also but no stock yet for those interested in this vehicle. My first buggy when I was 12 was the Scorpion and I haven't been into RC buggies for quite a few years now ( I think they look like alien spacecraft nowadays ) so this buggy has stirred some interest in me. I mean how can it not, the thing looks so realistic. It still seems to handle pretty decently I think also. I like this video of the buggy.
http://youtu.be/-rE8yCzO7Fw
Old 11-21-2014, 04:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by chktm
I see Kyosho has the Beeetle listed also but no stock yet for those interested in this vehicle. My first buggy when I was 12 was the Scorpion and I haven't been into RC buggies for quite a few years now ( I think they look like alien spacecraft nowadays ) so this buggy has stirred some interest in me. I mean how can it not, the thing looks so realistic. It still seems to handle pretty decently I think also. I like this video of the buggy.
http://youtu.be/-rE8yCzO7Fw
We share the same wisdom. My off-road collection consists of Sand Scorcher, Wildone and the Scorpion.

Before the rerelease of the Sand Scorcher, I briefly owned an alien spaceship buggy and was trying to figure out how to run a scale body on it. Oddly enough I picked up a Kyosho Beetle Repro from Team Blugrove. I ended up selling the alien buggy in the end to make room for another re-release.

The Re-re Kyosho Beetle will be released next month. Hopefully by Febrary; for the Nürburing Toy Fair; Kyosho will re-re the Tomahawk and the Optima
Old 11-21-2014, 06:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Raman
We share the same wisdom. My off-road collection consists of Sand Scorcher, Wildone and the Scorpion.

Before the rerelease of the Sand Scorcher, I briefly owned an alien spaceship buggy and was trying to figure out how to run a scale body on it. Oddly enough I picked up a Kyosho Beetle Repro from Team Blugrove. I ended up selling the alien buggy in the end to make room for another re-release.

The Re-re Kyosho Beetle will be released next month. Hopefully by Febrary; for the Nürburing Toy Fair; Kyosho will re-re the Tomahawk and the Optima
Your collection sounds cool and lots of fun. I'm thinking I'll start mine with the Scorpion then maybe the Tomahawk, I'd like to see the Turbo Scorpion released also maybe, always wanted one when I was a kid. Always been a 2wd fan so these three would be nice, plus they share lots of parts. Its great to see all these cars from my childhood come around once again, what's old is now new lol.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by chktm
Your collection sounds cool and lots of fun. I'm thinking I'll start mine with the Scorpion then maybe the Tomahawk, I'd like to see the Turbo Scorpion released also maybe, always wanted one when I was a kid. Always been a 2wd fan so these three would be nice, plus they share lots of parts. Its great to see all these cars from my childhood come around once again, what's old is now new lol.
I'd like to see a Turbo Scorpion as well; however, I am not sure it will happen. The re-release already comes with the single piece rear suspension mount and differential. Which leaves the gear box wing mount, roll cage with holes for spot lights and lower profile bumper; all of which are available as a hop up. So the only piece left would be the turbo scorpion body, white tub, white rims, spike rear tyres, roof with t-top style cut outs and red anodised shocks (hop up is red anodised but high capacity)

Im too prefer the 2wd, the Optima however was the last car of that era that I used to gawk at thinking it was so cool.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'd like to see a Turbo Scorpion as well; however, I am not sure it will happen. The re-release already comes with the single piece rear suspension mount and differential. Which leaves the gear box wing mount, roll cage with holes for spot lights and lower profile bumper; all of which are available as a hop up. So the only piece left would be the turbo scorpion body, white tub, white rims, spike rear tyres, roof with t-top style cut outs and red anodised shocks (hop up is red anodised but high capacity)

Im too prefer the 2wd, the Optima however was the last car of that era that I used to gawk at thinking it was so cool.
Ah well, even if they don't bring out the Turbo I won't hold it against them lol. Its just great to see some of these old cars return. Don't get me wrong, I used to admire the Optima also, all very cool and unique cars.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:19 PM
Tech Champion

Nonetheless you can make the re-re a turbo. Teamblue grove sells a Repro body. Pargu in Korea makes the roof with cut outs. Wheels are the only remainder.. Which I personally think the chromes were nicer looking.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=331372654116
Old 11-21-2014, 08:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Nonetheless you can make the re-re a turbo. Teamblue grove sells a Repro body. Pargu in Korea makes the roof with cut outs. Wheels are the only remainder.. Which I personally think the chromes were nicer looking.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=331372654116
I agree with you on the wheels, thanks for the info on the body and roof, nice to know.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

I will have to get the Beetle as well ,I just had my original out for a run with my Tamiya and XXCR. for an RC TV shoot. Check it out At (Xtenproductions428-YouTube)
Old 11-23-2014, 03:42 PM
Tech Champion

Yours was the original Scorpion or the Beetle?
Old 11-23-2014, 11:10 PM
Tech Adept

The Beetle ,the Tamiya, and Losi
I have the Tomahawk and cox Sidewinder on the shelf as well ,, They were a great car in there time...
Old 11-27-2014, 02:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Got around to ordering my Scorpion and a few bits today, looking forward to assembling and some bashing over the Christmas break.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.