Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree24Likes

MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS - 5280 Raceway - April 20-23 2017

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 05:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

From the looks of the web page there is still 10 spots open. So you should be good.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Looks like I will be the only So Cal racer to venture to the Mile High Snow Championships this year. At least will have Barry up from So Cal to announce so I will have some company. Third year for me. This race and IIC are on my permanent vacation schedule.
Panda 🐼
Old 02-02-2017, 09:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Looks like I will be the only So Cal racer to venture to the Mile High Snow Championships this year. At least will have Barry up from So Cal to announce so I will have some company. Third year for me. This race and IIC are on my permanent vacation schedule.
Panda ��
Appreciate you continuing to come out, repeat visitors mean a lot to us! SoCal turnout seems to be up and down through the years. Maybe lack of a black carpet track out that way? I think CTS being the same weekend is also a factor this year. Hopefully we can work with them next year to avoid overlapping. Easter kinda jammed us up with our normal second weekend in April this year.

Rumor is Barry will be the race director AND a racer this year. That should add a lot of excitement to an already stacked mod field.

It's not going to snow.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Appreciate you continuing to come out, repeat visitors mean a lot to us! SoCal turnout seems to be up and down through the years. Maybe lack of a black carpet track out that way? I think CTS being the same weekend is also a factor this year. Hopefully we can work with them next year to avoid overlapping. Easter kinda jammed us up with our normal second weekend in April this year.

Rumor is Barry will be the race director AND a racer this year. That should add a lot of excitement to an already stacked mod field.

It's not going to snow.
Not going to snow ? Ha, ha. Yeah, right.

As for black carpet in So Cal, we are working on that.

Maybe I will need to bring a spare F1 for Barry to run again. Not sure if Mario will let him use his again.

I would agree the CTS race had some effect. A lot of So Cal racers plan to use that race as a warm up for Reedy in May.

Panda 🐼
Old 02-22-2017, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Signed up for this race this morning, 17.5 1/12 and TC. Looking forward to it. I'm just getting back into the hobby after around a ten year hiatus. Picked up a crc xti last week and am probably going to order a X-ray t4 in the next week or so.

Does the club have a hobby store with parts and stuff? Is their some where local close by that would have them?

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2017, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm signed up for both ROAR Nats and Mile High, must say I am much more excited about Mile High.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:41 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by RCJer
Signed up for this race this morning, 17.5 1/12 and TC. Looking forward to it. I'm just getting back into the hobby after around a ten year hiatus. Picked up a crc xti last week and am probably going to order a X-ray t4 in the next week or so.

Does the club have a hobby store with parts and stuff? Is their some where local close by that would have them?

Thanks!
Awesome, happy to have you out to our place!

5280 Raceway is only a track, no hobby shop unfortunately. We're a club supported by its members, not a retail business. We do have a few things available, like sauce, tires, motor spray and paper towels, but that's about the extent of it.

Not sure what the state of support for on-road is from local hobby shops. I think most of them focus on flight stuff and maybe a little off-road. You'll probably want to stock up on the things that commonly break before coming. Someone else might be able to chime in with better info in this regard.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:45 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by miller tyme
I'm signed up for both ROAR Nats and Mile High, must say I am much more excited about Mile High.
I'm biased, but I think we've done a good job finding a balance between fun and competitive racing. My favorite part of the event has always been the Thursday night club race. I remember that used to be a thing back in the day for club tracks that hosted big events, but now I think we're the only ones doing it.

Nats is going to be awesome this year. Donnie's track is as nice as it gets by all accounts, and he's putting in a ton of work. I have a feeling it's going to be an amazing event this year.
MontanaMaxx likes this.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm biased, but I think we've done a good job finding a balance between fun and competitive racing. My favorite part of the event has always been the Thursday night club race. I remember that used to be a thing back in the day for club tracks that hosted big events, but now I think we're the only ones doing it.

Nats is going to be awesome this year. Donnie's track is as nice as it gets by all accounts, and he's putting in a ton of work. I have a feeling it's going to be an amazing event this year.
Yeah, but it's still ROAR

And beside MHIC will be my 3rd lengthy trip of the season with Sydor

Last edited by miller tyme; 03-03-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

Awesome, happy to have you out to our place!

5280 Raceway is only a track, no hobby shop unfortunately. We're a club supported by its members, not a retail business. We do have a few things available, like sauce, tires, motor spray and paper towels, but that's about the extent of it.

Not sure what the state of support for on-road is from local hobby shops. I think most of them focus on flight stuff and maybe a little off-road. You'll probably want to stock up on the things that commonly break before coming. Someone else might be able to chime in with better info in this regard.
Thanks looking forward to it.

Ill stock up on spares.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Thanks looking forward to it.

Ill stock up on spares.
Amtx and Roche will have spares at the event!!
Old 02-23-2017, 09:31 PM
Tech Adept

also do i need to bring my own pit table and chair? Thanks!
Old 02-24-2017, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

5280 supplys tables and chairs. Its not a bad idea to bring a power strip though.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

From experience, no. They had plenty of chairs and tables.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:22 AM
Tech Lord

Yup, like everybody said, we've got you covered on tables and chairs. Power strip, extension cord and pit light are thing you'll want to have on hand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.