Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redcat Racing rc

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Redcat Racing rc

im loooking to get in to gas rc and would like to know how well the Redcat rc are
Old 07-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Gas or Nitro? What scale vehicle? Bash or race? Most the people on here will likely crucify Redcat, but I happen to have a good opinion for some of there stuff depending on what you plan on using it for.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Rookie

been looking at the Nitro Gas RC Truck 4WD Buggy 1/8 Car EARTHQUAKE 3.5
and the Nitro Gas RC Buggy 4WD Truck 1/10 Car SHOCKWAVE
Old 07-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Rookie

i was looking at the Nitro Gas RC Buggy 4WD Truck 1/10 Car SHOCKWAVE and
the Nitro Gas RC Truck 4WD Buggy 1/8 Car EARTHQUAKE 3.5
Old 07-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Rookie

i bought the Tornado s30. Be prepared for maintenance. Out of the box the right front dog bone popped out twice. So, there's 2 little hex nuts on the steering knuckles that you should probably tighten down before you even light it up. Also, if your bashing and stuff I recommend going to "t-bone-racing dot com" and buying a front and back bumper. it will save your shock tower and chasis.

All nitros have more maintenance than electric, but man when my Tornado is 100% its extremely fast and fun.

worthy upgrades would be shocks (or at least a heavier weight oil) and the steering servo.

The RF controller goes pretty darn far too.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Default redcats are junk

id find another company i just got a 1/5 scale gas buggy rampage xb it was junk right from the box gear plate was broke and i didnt know it and the gears almost flew out the customer care is sorry at the best they told me they would upgrade the gear plate and gear cover for free then i called they said they would have to look in to it so that means i get plastic parts now not metal and ill have to wait 2 whole days before they even start looking at my claim then after 78 hours they will let you know whats up plus if you run ur car for even one sec no refund on car they dont post that but they will not give ur money back on the car so i reported them to better business bureau the cars people get from them that are good thats great its how they handle the ones that isnt 600 bucks for my car so that 600 bucks down the drain should have gotten an HPI instead of reading forums id be out bashing my new 1/5 buggy