Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Talking

Many thanks.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fatboy Joe
Hi, how does your car handle with the front top deck modified to fit in the MM Cooler? I am assuming there will be more flex up front due to the modification. Let me know, thanks

Sonny
Yes the chassis does flex more, but I already run without the 4 standoffs in the rear. (race on a asphalt track which is very low bite during the day and at night has tonnes of grip....go figure

Anyway, I will be testing both sets of conditions today and will post results tonight. My only concern was if the car sustained a heavy collision (front on) it might break the modified top deck. Time will only tell.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Mud,

As Andrew says, flip those rear blocks.

For what track surface temp range are you using Takeoff CS-32s for?

I usually jump from Takeoff CS-27s to Sorex 36s for mid-to-high temp conditions (say below/above 115F±) on asphalt.

In my mind, CS-32s have a limited temp range.
Bill, sorry, I forgot to mention it's an indoor track. Also, I forgot to mention I removed the four metal standoffs in the rear that connect the rear top plate to the chassis. Doing this seemed to have gave me the some sidebite I needed. When it gets cooler say sometime in October maybe, I'll go to a set of 27's. Right now alot of guys are running 32's where I run and they don't seem to have any issues. I will start to keep a record of track temp though, as I have my temp gun from my nitro days. Thanks for the info and everyone's help, it really is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

How do JRXS's run indoor with rubber tires on carpet?
Old 09-13-2005, 06:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackKat
YO BILL,

My dad and I haven't given up on the JRX-S yet despite the fact he is ready to dump it after driving my (now his) TC4 and loved it. I'm going to ask him to machine us some BK brackets to try on the Losi before we get rid of it (if we do)

Just curious...I hear the BK brackets transform the car into something else & I hear the Numan setup works well on carpet-rubber. How close is it at HW Gilroy? Any "must change" settings for the rug? The stock out-of-the-box setup felt okay (a little skate-y) but was badly off-pace. The Hodge Stockton setup felt weird...loose on-power and not much better off.
Dan I'll bring you some Brackets. I'll be by Sheldons this week. Or I'll have Eric drop some off for you if you need a re-fill of parts/fuel.

TV
Old 09-13-2005, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fatboy Joe
Hi, how does your car handle with the front top deck modified to fit in the MM Cooler? I am assuming there will be more flex up front due to the modification. Let me know, thanks

Sonny
I have tested the car (8 packs) both in the afternoon and during the night (track changes from low bite to high bite....go figure??? ) and with the modified top deck, the car performed very well. It was no different to the standard top deck as far as handling is concerned, (I ran the "new" or updated Josh Numan setup and the car felt great with the standoffs out). I had a couple of crashes (ran into pipes) and sustained no damage yet...

As I said in another post, I felt that the chassis had a little more lateral flex in it, but front to back rigidity is the same. My main concern was whether or not it could handle the stress under racing conditions (chassis flex and crashing) - so far so good.

Main thing is that it seems to work without affecting the handling of the car and I can now run the MMR motor cooler along with a motor heatsink in the car!!!
Old 09-13-2005, 08:01 AM
TLRacing

Default Volume 6

http://www.teamlosi.com/jrxs-page/ra...rt%20index.htm
Old 09-13-2005, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Todd

Is there any reason Losi decided to keep all the shock springs Black rather than use colors as a differentiator?

Thanks
Old 09-13-2005, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Todd, congrats on a good win!

Sounds like a great race and a good time too.

With tire warmers is the main improvement that the tires work better for the first two laps, or does it effect the whole run? I haven't tried them yet..........Thanks, Jim
Old 09-13-2005, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Todd - Congrats on the win! Just wondering, you wrote 5mm of droop, do you measure your droop from above ride height, or do measure from the bottom of chassis to the outer hinge pin?

Also any updates on the new arms? ....think they'll be out by the nats?

Thanks.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rick Draper
How do JRXS's run indoor with rubber tires on carpet?
The car transitions great!I run cs-27s at my local carpet track.The track has so much grip I'm finding myself installing stiffer rear springs, thicker oil and sway bars.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

That reminds me.... Does anyone know the proper dimension between the Captured Ball Ends, #A4253,in the sway bar kit? Thanks
Old 09-13-2005, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by outlandr91
That reminds me.... Does anyone know the proper dimension between the Captured Ball Ends, #A4253,in the sway bar kit? Thanks
Todd has recomended to adjust the ends so the sway bar is paralell to the chassis and make sure both ends of the bar are even so as to not cause tweak.

Brant
Old 09-14-2005, 12:47 AM
TCR
Tech Addict

A3-It came down to this for the overall win. It was either Barry or me that could win it all. We took off and Barry had a 10 ft lead on me until I decided to make some donuts in the back straight. I would fall back to 4th and I thought my hopes of winning were diminished. I would eventually pass 2nd and 3rd to get within twenty feet of Barry. Then Barry decided to crash into lapped traffic, which was then directly sent into me. We still we about twenty feet about with 45 seconds to go. I was able to reel Barry and we had a race to the line. In the last turn on the last lap we went into the turn side by side. I would pull the entire throttle that my Orion V2 7x1 had and would end up winning A3 by .052 of a second. The place went nuts with all the awesome racing that we displayed.
very nice Todd.

Was anyone recording the race
Old 09-14-2005, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For all the rubber tire guys waiting for the new arms (with BK position included), I saw some on a team driver's car this past weekend, so hopefully that means their close.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.