Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree61Likes

HPI RS4 Sport 3

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 02:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm sure the gearing is identical front-and-rear. Probably either 13/38 or 14/36, those are pretty standard across all of Hobbico's brands.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Bought this car over the weekend. Quality seems decent but having some issues with one of the front wheels after a day of use. When I tighten the front left wheel all the way (to the point that there is no wobble) there is a ton of resistance along with a clicking sound when it rotates. The axle shaft rotates free and smooth in all conditions with the wheel removed. The wheel also rotates progressively smoother as i loosen the wheel nut.

Any suggestions on what to replace that could be causing this?

Last edited by GripSpec; 12-30-2015 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-28-2015, 09:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy rs4 not moving

hello all, I am new to rc and just bought an rs4 sport 3 flux, the first week i destroyed my gear mesh since i wasnt aware of adjusting the motor, now I took it out for the second time and after running it for about an hour the reverse wouldnt work, now it wont even move, I can steer the car and i hear the esc fan moving, but the car wont go forward, the motor makes no noise what so ever so it is not moving, I dont think the motor burnt, its too new. Any ideas? has anyone experienced this with this model. Thanks again all
Old 12-28-2015, 05:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gabe21946
hello all, I am new to rc and just bought an rs4 sport 3 flux, the first week i destroyed my gear mesh since i wasnt aware of adjusting the motor, now I took it out for the second time and after running it for about an hour the reverse wouldnt work, now it wont even move, I can steer the car and i hear the esc fan moving, but the car wont go forward, the motor makes no noise what so ever so it is not moving, I dont think the motor burnt, its too new. Any ideas? has anyone experienced this with this model. Thanks again all
Check where the wires plugged into ESC. Had few Hpi vehicles that wires came loose. Are any lights flashing on ESC. Never had a problems with gear mesh when I had mine. Had other issues.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the reply. I initially took a look at the wires, but did not see anything loose. I may have to take the ESC out to get a better look and confirm if this is indeed the case. Also, I wasnt aware the ESC had any lights, I will have to take a look and confirm if i see any lights. Thanks again for the comment. I will provide an update once i take a look.
Old 12-29-2015, 06:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bryangrizzlyohi
doe anyone know the gearing of cars front an rear im gonna be using this as a indoor stock rtr class to run
Hpi parts list shows diff internal gears are 16t and spiders are 10t outer are 40t and 13t
Old 12-29-2015, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GripSpec
Bought this car over the weekend. Quality seems recent but having some issues with one of the front wheels after a day of use. When I tighten the front left wheel all the way (to the point that there is no wobble) there is a ton of resistance along with a clicking sound when it rotates. The axle shaft rotates free and smooth in all conditions with the wheel removed. The wheel also rotates progressively smoother as i loosen the wheel nut.

Any suggestions on what to replace that could be causing this?
Could be the plastic 12mm hex is deformed and now pressing against the bearings when the wheels are tightened? Try moving hexes to the opposite side of the car and see if it repeats the problem there.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

So basically no other wheel and tire combo will fit with the stock body?
Been running mine on the street. I had the rocks lodge the steering but otherwise it's been good so far. The x pattern tires you guys are running I guess are on standard wheels and tucked under the porsche body?
Old 12-30-2015, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

HPI makes several Porsche bodies. I like the 200mm GT3 RS body. Buy one, trim and paint it, and use normal 1.9" wheels and tires. Here's what mine looks like:

Last edited by fyrstormer; 03-29-2018 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 06:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Had a few runs with mine and destroyed the stock servo gears. Just put a spektrum s6070 in but had to trim some of the plastic off of the mount due to where the wires come out of the servo. I had problems keeping this thing tracking straight. Can someone recommend a turnbuckle kit that I can put on this?
Old 01-01-2016, 09:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Default tracking

Originally Posted by midas
Had a few runs with mine and destroyed the stock servo gears. Just put a spektrum s6070 in but had to trim some of the plastic off of the mount due to where the wires come out of the servo. I had problems keeping this thing tracking straight. Can someone recommend a turnbuckle kit that I can put on this?
I had the same issue with mine tracking as well. I upgraded my transmitter to the futaba t3pl, an let me just say its night an day on handling, I was gonna go with the spectrum dx4c but ran into the issues you was talking about on having to trim the plug in. so opted a lil more cheddar an went with the futaba.. by the way the receiver in the hpi is a futaba.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:16 AM
Tech Rookie

First thing I did when I got it was switch the reciever to use my dx4s. Much better response, but the tracking issue I am having is related to how loose the front steering components are at the front end.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
HPI makes several Porsche bodies. I like the 200mm GT3 RS body. Buy one, trim and paint it, and use normal 1.9" wheels and tires. Here's what mine looks like:

What wheels/tires did you put on there?
Old 01-01-2016, 11:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by midas
First thing I did when I got it was switch the reciever to use my dx4s. Much better response, but the tracking issue I am having is related to how loose the front steering components are at the front end.
ive not had that issue but I have had the dog bone issue but I solved that by putting some fuel tubing in the hubs...
Old 01-03-2016, 01:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Check out Exotek, they got have some upgrades for the rs4 now, adjustable set of turnbuckles and an alloy diff gear are new.
http://www.exotekracing.com/rs4-sport-3-turnbuckle-set/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.