Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MBX6 or Losi

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Those saying "Improved my driving" just means that the buggy you switched to fits your drive style better than the previous one, not meaning that either buggy is better than the other.

I have never raced a losi but been racing the X6 for about 18 month and have not looked back. The only thing I have replaced in 18 months in my X6 is the chassis about 1 month ago. Slop is minimal, Mugen's plastic holds up pretty good.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by zJatoRad
Those saying "Improved my driving" just means that the buggy you switched to fits your drive style better than the previous one, not meaning that either buggy is better than the other.

I have never raced a losi but been racing the X6 for about 18 month and have not looked back. The only thing I have replaced in 18 months in my X6 is the chassis about 1 month ago. Slop is minimal, Mugen's plastic holds up pretty good.
+1. It fit my driving style more. For me the mugen was too hooked up in the rear end. But the losi parts ware out alot quicker.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

If I were you I would try to drive both and see which one suits you better - its entirely a matter of preference. The two cars are very very different.

It will also kind of depend on your track - if its a really rough and inconsistent track i would get a losi.

i drove losi for a year and switched to mugen two months ago.

Heres my opinion:
LOSI:
Stability Super stable - drives right through the roughest stuff without getting tossed around. Im the only non losi car at my track (which is rough) and the losi destroy me in the whoops section

Jumping: Ive come off of jump faces all but sideways and the car litterally corrects itself in the air. I swear Ive seen the thing defy physics. - Also im not a very good driver i dont really know how to do that whole wiggle the wheel and do a tail whip thing so the losi Jumping was really helpful for me.

Handeling: this was the reason i got rid of the car. There is A line you have to take at the track with the losi. - If you go in too deep on the brakes the thing will push bad. If you take the corners the way you should itll reward you and steer like a champ. I know people will disagree with me here but the losi is not capable of steering on a dime. - I race on tight indoor clay tracks alot and on the tight 180's I thought the losi was useless.

MUGEN
Stability - not its strong suit it can get kind of tossed around. It responds very well to setup changes which help the stability alot

Jumping. - i would have said bad, but since I changes to a lighter spring in the rear its gotten alot better - no tail whips though.

Handeling: AMAZING - for my driving style I need alot of steering. this thing is amazing. It has the steering of and rc8 but is way more stable. It will go wheever you want it . I turn inside of losis all day at my track

Conclusion - youll get really consistent fast lap times with the losi but the car MUST be driven a certain way. I put down much faster laps with my mugen but its hard to be as consistent. If you are new or are on a rough track I would get a Losi. If you wanna drive fast get a MUGEN. For my money faster is always funner - i like my mugen
Old 06-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

i have a rc8b and love the car but also wanted to try something different so i bought a losi 2.0 race roller about a month ago and it's really good but doesn't suit my driving style coming from onroad. car is amazing but just can't get comfortable driving it so i went back to my ae because im on the gas. so i probably sell it or trade for a d8 with lite weight parts. got all the lite weight parts for it and the adjustable toe and anti-squat blocks f/r plus tons of parts.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The Losi is very similar to the Xray you already have. It just doesn't have the diff bearing problems. The parts quality is fine. It also out-handles everything I've tried.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hancock
Actually, I'm riding a couple of Xray808. but I'm encourtering some problems with the front diff. Just thinking bout taking an MBX6 or Losi. Losi is not very popuplar in Vietnam so, I have very little experience with it...
You answered your own question.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

the post a ways back said it the best. If you crave alot of off power steering the losi is for you. If you want on power go with the mugen.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I love my 8ight 2.0
Old 06-15-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Great response a few posts up by wstuart. Boils down to this:

Losi: Car loves to be driven, the harder you drive it the better it gets. Generally more on the agressive side. Turns in really hard and pushes a bit coming out.

Mugen: Smooth, consistent and easy to drive that way. Not an agressive car and generally doesn't like to be pushed hard. Generally more on the nuetral side.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jsmax

Losi: Car loves to be driven, the harder you drive it the better it gets. Generally more on the agressive side. Turns in really hard and pushes a bit coming out.

Mugen: Smooth, consistent and easy to drive that way. Not an agressive car and generally doesn't like to be pushed hard. Generally more on the nuetral side.
You see, i find that statement the other way around. Its all in driving styles.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jsmax

Old 06-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by portyansky
+100000
Old 06-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by portyansky
I don't think its just driving styles but also tuning styles. Too often people junk a race car because they can't tune it well.

Sure each car has a personality. Losi and Mugen feel different, and the Xray is right smack in between them with it's own light feeling.

But I'll bet most of the critisism of these two cars could be fixed with some good wrench time.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by reggie l.
i had mugen, it was ok..switched to losi and my driving improved soo much
Don't forget to tell him it was a 5T you had. You need to drive the 6T.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:02 AM
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonboy1
Don't forget to tell him it was a 5T you had. You need to drive the 6T.
I was just going to ask that question. I don't see the Losi that much better than the Mugen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.