Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread >

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Hey Matt,

I ran the Northwest Short Course Nationals this weekend in Pasco, WA. There was a record turnout of 162 entries. The track was a outdoor track with lap times in the 30 second range. Had a great time talking with and helping others running Murfdogg motors at this event. Everyone was really satisfied with their Murfdogg power in the 17.5 class.

This was the biggest track I have run on in years and had a blast. I was running the new SC10 4x4 in the Pro Mod class with the Murfdogg 5.5 (540 motor) and Murfdogg Supercharger battery and Tekin RS Pro speedo. I ended up running -5 on the motor and the speed control in zero mode, AND had to turn my end point down 10 percent. (explain that in a second) Motor temps was not an issue. I ended up qualifying second in the A and placed 2nd overall with tripple A finish of 2nd, 2nd, 1st. Had some great battles with the leader just did not make it happen when time ran out. So most everyone ran 550 motors but I ran good with a Murfdogg 5.5

Settings - As the traction improved I had a big problem with wheelies down the straights. Power was just insane!!! The only way I could keep the front tires from grabbing air was to dial the end point back resulting faster lap times. I have a Venom 60c pack I use also when I practice and this battery would not pull wheelies. It was only a problem with the Murfdogg Supercharger battery. (Nice problem to have... to much punch ) So even running Mod 4w batteries, on a 91oz truck, make a BIG power difference to the motor. I am sure if I had motor and speedo timing added my truck would just jump over backwards.

Thanks again Matt for all your support.

Murfdogg Race on or Chase one....
Old 06-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Great Job KID!

Told you the batteries rock!
Old 06-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default MurfDogg Sensor Savers

Introducing the new MurfDogg "Sensor-Saver".

Many of today's servo manufacturers are building bigger, stronger, faster servos than ever before. Unfortunately, they are not taking into consideration that many of these servos will be used in vehicles with sensored brushless systems. The problem is that the sensor systems are powered from the BEC voltage provided by the receiver. Many of these big servos are drawing more voltage than the BEC can give out while maintaining proper voltage output to the ESC's sensor system, which in turn takes away the ESC's ability to provide sensored motor running.

The solution: The MurfDogg Sensor-Saver! Simply plug the Sensor Saver into an open slot in your receiver, and then the Sensor-Saver does the rest! The Sensor-Saver stores energy just in case your servo decides to overdraw the BEC system, which can keep you running trouble free!

We suggest the Sensor-Saver if you are using any of the following servo brands(known to overdraw the BEC):
-Savox
-KO Propo
-JR
-Spektrum
-Orion
-XP

MurfDogg Sensor Savers are available in two different lengths:
- 3.75" total length, for use when the Sensor-Saver must be mounted close to the receiver.
- 6.50" total length, for use when the Sensor-Saver can be mounted remotely.

Part #'s: SS-LONG, and SS-SHORT
Price: $8.00 each

Available now!
Attached Thumbnails MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread-2011-06-07-001-001.jpg  
Old 06-17-2011, 12:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

MurfDogg wins big at ROAR Region 12 OnRoad Championships.

MurfDogg Drivers Kenny Koch and Dave Berger both qtake home TQ honors and the A-Main wins at the ROAR Regionals in California.

Dave used his MurfDogg SuperCharger 5000mah 60C 1s Lipo to power his Synergy 1.1 17.5 Turn motor to a dominant run in 12th scale 17.5 Non Boost. The non-boost classes are putting emphasis back on the motors and batteries, and MurfDogg Power proved to be untouchable! Dave was the only driver in the class to post 13 second lap times all weekend long!

Kenny chose MurfDogg power in his Pro10 car to take both the TQ and A-Main Event victory

Thanks for choosing MurfDogg Power!
Attached Thumbnails MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread-berger-12th.jpg  
Old 06-19-2011, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Thanks for the support Matt.

The new lipo and motor look sweet in my lil' R5
Old 06-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Pos Car# Laps RaceTime Fast Lap
Berger, Dave 1 2 34 8:02.903 14.303
Smith, mike 2 6 34 8:11.356 14.291
Bishop, Jim 3 5 34 8:15.056 14.519
Old 06-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Calif Bouncer - Go look at the heat races and you will see the 13 second lap times...
Old 06-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey matt

a murff dog won and took tq last weekend at our race in WGT and I took 3rd

oh Sent ya an email.

Petra almost done the new layout, plus she need the info on the new products to add in

Andrew
Old 06-22-2011, 10:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyrrus
Hey matt

a murff dog won and took tq last weekend at our race in WGT and I took 3rd

oh Sent ya an email.

Petra almost done the new layout, plus she need the info on the new products to add in

Andrew
What motor, and setup do you run for WGT ?
Old 06-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Andrew - I got your email... been busy... I will get the info to Petra soon.

Dave - They run 13.5 Boosted I believe...
Old 06-30-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just ran my 17.5 for the first time and I have to say that I was totally impressed with power, was wondering what temp these motors like to run at in a blitz ese with rs pro 2 cell plus how much difference would a good battery make with this set up I am currently running gens ace batteries
Old 06-30-2011, 07:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The MurfDogg
Calif Bouncer - Go look at the heat races and you will see the 13 second lap times...
ALL WEEKEND????
Old 06-30-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Joe Novak
Just ran my 17.5 for the first time and I have to say that I was totally impressed with power, was wondering what temp these motors like to run at in a blitz ese with rs pro 2 cell plus how much difference would a good battery make with this set up I am currently running gens ace batteries
Try and keep the motor temp around 150-160F after a 5-6 minute race. Try not to let the motor get near 180F and all should be good

You will notice higher c-rate batteries will have more punch. Nice to have when trying to clear jumps with short take-offs
Old 07-01-2011, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

Originally Posted by RA99GT
Try and keep the motor temp around 150-160F after a 5-6 minute race. Try not to let the motor get near 180F and all should be good

You will notice higher c-rate batteries will have more punch. Nice to have when trying to clear jumps with short take-offs

Good advice here!! Matt's Supercharger batteries make a BIG impact when racing stock 17.5 with or without timing!!! Get some you won't regret it!!!

Hope you have been well bro!! I assume you have been representing Murfdogg well at SDRC!! I need to come down and get some laps with you one of these weekends. When is your typical race day I'll see if I can make it in the next couple weeks. I've really only ran West Coast for the past few months aside from running a lot of nitro while the weather was good. Getting to hot now need to come to SD!!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN-
Good advice here!! Matt's Supercharger batteries make a BIG impact when racing stock 17.5 with or without timing!!! Get some you won't regret it!!!

Hope you have been well bro!! I assume you have been representing Murfdogg well at SDRC!! I need to come down and get some laps with you one of these weekends. When is your typical race day I'll see if I can make it in the next couple weeks. I've really only ran West Coast for the past few months aside from running a lot of nitro while the weather was good. Getting to hot now need to come to SD!!
hey brett! ya, i've been racing at sdrc some. but, they don't have much of a stock class down here for some reason. so, i've had to run mod with my murfdogg 17.5! still did pretty well though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.