Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what type of fuel i need??

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default what type of fuel i need??

I have a hpi savage xss and im wondering what type of nitro i need? i see fuel that says 5% 10% etc... what does that mean???? i have the 4.6 OFNA engine. help would be appreciated thanks!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by karrar55
I have a hpi savage xss and im wondering what type of nitro i need? i see fuel that says 5% 10% etc... what does that mean???? i have the 4.6 OFNA engine. help would be appreciated thanks!!!
The percentage stands for how much nitro content is in the fuel. 20% is the norm for most bashers that are looking for a fuel that will give their motor a long life span.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

this is a "dumb question".....just wondering can u put regular gas in a nitro rc truck? and can u use starter fluid??
Old 09-14-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

this is a "dumb question".....just wondering can u put regular gas in a nitro rc truck? and can u use starter fluid??
NO!The nitro motors require a special type fuel which should be available at any hobby store near you.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

No, these are Nitro engines not Gasoline engines. Only use nitro fuel specified for vehicles.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

hahahahaha lol ok ok i wont! im just fustrated with this truck cause it wont start. all i hear the the engine turning over. I checked everything and i mean everything!!!!!! glow plug, glow stick, carb is fine tuned, im priming it, fuel is being delivered straight to the piston but nothing happens!!!! its driving me INSANE!!!!!!!! any suggestions!!
Old 09-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

hahahahaha lol ok ok i wont! im just fustrated with this truck cause it wont start. all i hear the the engine turning over. I checked everything and i mean everything!!!!!! glow plug, glow stick, carb is fine tuned, im priming it, fuel is being delivered straight to the piston but nothing happens!!!! its driving me INSANE!!!!!!!! any suggestions!!
Make sure your glow ingintor is charged, glow plug is nice a brite with ingitor on it and your carb is set to factory settings. If all of that checks out, let your ingitor set on the motor for a few seconds before firing it or pull your plug out, turning your car upside down and turn it over to get the extra fuel to come out of the top of the head becouse it mite be flooded. And check to make shure its the rite plug for your motor.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

i tryed that and it still didnt start. i checked to see if theirs any vacuum leaks and their isnt any. the truck was sitting for a month with the same fuel still inside would that be the problem. i checked to see if the fuel would ignite and it did. is their some kind of way to get it to start after the truck has been sitting for a while??
Old 09-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you need fresh fuel, and a new plug
Old 09-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

i tryed that and it still didnt start. i checked to see if theirs any vacuum leaks and their isnt any. the truck was sitting for a month with the same fuel still inside would that be the problem. i checked to see if the fuel would ignite and it did. is their some kind of way to get it to start after the truck has been sitting for a while??
Put new fuel in! Do that first then let me know how you make out. That would be your problem
Old 09-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

i understand fresh fuel but why do i need a new plug? its bright orange. it looks fine to me
Old 09-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

i understand fresh fuel but why do i need a new plug? its bright orange. it looks fine to me
Well if its looks fine, give it a try.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

i put in fresh fuel and still it wont work
Old 09-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

i put in fresh fuel and still it wont work
If you have a new plug, put it in.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

oh..how old is the motor???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.