Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outtafocus
It has been far to quiet in here the past few days.

Whats new?? someone has to be trying something out.
it's so good there's nothing much to comment
Old 12-11-2010, 03:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outtafocus
It has been far to quiet in here the past few days.

Whats new?? someone has to be trying something out.
Ok, here's what I've been working on. For what it's worth........

I'm using a stick pack 4200 Lipo battery. The wires come out of the middle of the end of the pack like a NiMH stick pack. Because of this, I have to put the pack in the car so that the wires come out at the back of the car and exit up between the motor and the lay shaft. This requires me to move the pack as far forward in the car as possible. I tried to use the metal bottom plate but found the plastic one works better for this. I machined the front of it just a little so the pack could be moved forward a few mm and then stuck the pack to the battery tray with Parma double sided servo tape. Now, the battery fits in easily and there is about 1-2mm space between the top of the pack and the bottom of the top plate.

So, this isn't a big deal in itself but there are some real advantages to this that have nothing to do with the type of battery I'm using. First is that the plastic bottom plate allows the chassis to flex more than the metal one. I don't want to buy the Exoteck top plate because it won't help me with my battery. All it will do for me is take some of the stiffness out of the chassis. The plastic bottom plate does the same thing. Also, by sticking the battery to the tray with servo tape, it does not contact the top plate. This also helps with chassis flex. Now the chassis is free to move as it was designed to do. Next is by using the plastic battery tray, you get the ability to add weight to the bottom of the car on centerline. Those lead stick on weights fit perfectly between the ribs in the tray. Just stick them to the bottom of the battery. Now you can add weight as needed towards the front or rear of the car and it's as low as you can get.

I know the metal batter tray is cool, but in my opinion, this setup's advantages outweigh that.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Has anyone received any updates as to the status of the Layshafts. My order has been backdated since 11/12/10
Old 12-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Mine took just a little over a month.
I ordered mine at the end of Oct. and received it at the beginning of Dec.

Have patients it will come. I doubted my order also.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:05 AM
Tech Regular

Default Steering servo arm swap

I use a Futaba servo. Just stripped another one at the track yesterday. Rather than buy another set which includes arms for lots of other servos, I thought maybe someone out there uses a different servo and has a bunch of Futaba arms laying around.

So, who wants to swap their unwanted Futaba arms for something you can use?
Old 12-12-2010, 04:14 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dfiantii
Has anyone received any updates as to the status of the Layshafts. My order has been backdated since 11/12/10
From FF or elsewhere?
Old 12-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Well I am about 75% complete on my 1st build. I have a HiTec 645 servo that I was going to use but it's too big. Won't fit. I also have a Traxxas # 2080 servo new in the bag . Anyone think this would work ?
Also I could use some suggestion on a motor and ESC ?? I'm just going to run the car on the street for now, no racing. Thanks
Old 12-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
From FF or elsewhere?

Dragonfire, I ordered a FF spool from SkyRocket Batteries here in the states, August of 09 & it was on back order. I spoke with Skyrocket 4 months ago & it's still on backorder. I said okay, send me the FF layshaft instead. Guess what? That's on backorder!
Old 12-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by flyintrtle
Dragonfire, I ordered a FF spool from SkyRocket Batteries here in the states, August of 09 & it was on back order. I spoke with Skyrocket 4 months ago & it's still on backorder. I said okay, send me the FF layshaft instead. Guess what? That's on backorder!
Yeah there is a story behind that. I suggest cancelling your order and get one from FF them selves. There was a bag with about 50 layshafts at his.place the other day. I also believe he is.looking for a person to produce the spool v2 and its outdrives. The previous person has proven to be overload withother work and has no time to produce them.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Yeah there is a story behind that. I suggest cancelling your order and get one from FF them selves. There was a bag with about 50 layshafts at his.place the other day. I also believe he is.looking for a person to produce the spool v2 and its outdrives. The previous person has proven to be overload withother work and has no time to produce them.
More Layshafts are on the way to Skyrocket as we speak. Anyone with a Layshaft on backorder with them are now best waiting rather than cancelling and ordering direct. I find out in about 2hrs from now the exact time for manufacturing the new spool. I will post again after that.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

I will be interested in one of the new spools.
As will many others.

I just put the Losi type spool in my car yesterday, with the plastic pads on the pulley. I hope it will work ok in 17.5 touring stock. I tightened the diff as much as I could but I think Im so close to stripping the outdrive I dont want to go any more.

I also did a a whole bunch of setup work, Im hoping this car will handle way better after the new year. I cant race again till then.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
More Layshafts are on the way to Skyrocket as we speak. Anyone with a Layshaft on backorder with them are now best waiting rather than cancelling and ordering direct. I find out in about 2hrs from now the exact time for manufacturing the new spool. I will post again after that.
I am still waiting for my layshaft. I at least would like to get a weekly update on my order same thing I am experiencing with AXIOMMOTORS. Spoke to the owner after a month yesterday was told my order was delivered yesterday but I spoke to my wife she said she never got it. I guess the deal was to good to be true was ordering a package what would put ceramic balls and thrust in my Type R. Still waiting on a tracking number from AXIOM.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:09 AM
Tech Regular

Does anyone know of an aftermarket metal servo arm for the Type-R?
Old 12-13-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dfiantii
I am still waiting for my layshaft. I at least would like to get a weekly update on my order same thing I am experiencing with AXIOMMOTORS. Spoke to the owner after a month yesterday was told my order was delivered yesterday but I spoke to my wife she said she never got it. I guess the deal was to good to be true was ordering a package what would put ceramic balls and thrust in my Type R. Still waiting on a tracking number from AXIOM.
A weekly update on your order. Now that is funny.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I was telling a racer at our track for the rear turnbuckle issue, get these:

http://www.lunsfordracing.com/mm5/me...egory_Code=3MM

20mm turnbuckles with RPM ballcups, the stock turnbuckle is too short to run the long length.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.