Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mindboggling that no one posted this up from the LRP race in Germany. Granted there were running 17.5 in the cars

The Classic Challenge is a very popular class too. Its retro look body shells give the cars their special appearance, while the speed in this class is moderate. Racing is nice to look at and exciting.
Classic Challenge
Two B-final and three A-final heats were on schedule. Dominating driver of the B-final was Jens Phetchumsaeng with two victories. The A-main was won by Niklas Engelmann ahead of Frank Schmitz and Matthias Poggensee.

Now if we can just get them to put the 25.5 in

more pictures of the TC and F1 here

http://www.lrp.cc/index.php?id=2535&...289&jumpurl=17

Last edited by nashrcracer; 04-13-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

wwddww34 Check your PM - did I win?
Old 04-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by Marv
wwddww34 Check your PM - did I win?
Yes Marv. You are the first person to respond with "MATCHTOWERHOBBIESPRICE" coupon code. So the '69 Camaro Z28 Sprint 2 Sport is yours! I sent you a PM with my PayPal email address. Thank you
__________________________________________________ ___________________

---->http://www.rctech.net/forum/texas-ra...obby-shop.html
Old 04-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=wwddww34;10598709]Yes Marv. You are the first person to respond with "MATCHTOWERHOBBIESPRICE" coupon code. So the '69 Camaro Z28 Sprint 2 Sport is yours! I sent you a PM with my PayPal email address. Thank you
__________________________________________________ _________________

Last edited by Marv; 05-05-2012 at 10:05 PM. Reason: .
Old 04-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

Is this really the best VTA video of the year?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oTSEcxM8ZY
In my opinion it's kinda boring.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Adept

This video is pretty cool. It looks like Vintage Trans Am is really growing in Germany.
There are a couple cool shots of VTA cars racing at the start of this video...
http://youtu.be/DI-sPHGl0Wk
It's also cool to hear what some German R/C enthusiasts think about vintage cars.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcsuicide
Is this really the best VTA video of the year?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oTSEcxM8ZY
In my opinion it's kinda boring.
This one is from a couple years ago
with Quinton Robbins winning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpIsQslSEtc

Blake Keulen and James Reilly closing laps battle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SivaPbdmbg
Old 04-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New to VTA

I just found out that there is a track nearby that runs Vintage Trans-am. Being a huge fan of SVRA racing and the Group 6 cars especially, I have decided that my TC3 that had been collecting dust in the corner will be put into action. I am painting an HPI 1966 Mustang GT Coupe Body to look like the #1 Mustang of Dr. Dick Thompson and Jack Sutter. Wheels and tires are ordered. I was planning on purchasing the Novak Edge / Ballistic 25.5 setup. I have read all of the posts on the USVTA Part 2 Forum and look forward to the wealth of info from the older posts. I am looking forward to getting the car completed.

I see where the rules state no more than a 5000mah 7.4v Hardcase Lipo, in an 8 minute race about how much mah is left in the battery? I am thinking that I don't need to spring for a couple 5000mah packs right off the bat.

Thanks again for the wealth of information.

Matt
Old 04-14-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mhelli1975
I just found out that there is a track nearby that runs Vintage Trans-am. Being a huge fan of SVRA racing and the Group 6 cars especially, I have decided that my TC3 that had been collecting dust in the corner will be put into action. I am painting an HPI 1966 Mustang GT Coupe Body to look like the #1 Mustang of Dr. Dick Thompson and Jack Sutter. Wheels and tires are ordered. I was planning on purchasing the Novak Edge / Ballistic 25.5 setup. I have read all of the posts on the USVTA Part 2 Forum and look forward to the wealth of info from the older posts. I am looking forward to getting the car completed.

I see where the rules state no more than a 5000mah 7.4v Hardcase Lipo, in an 8 minute race about how much mah is left in the battery? I am thinking that I don't need to spring for a couple 5000mah packs right off the bat.

Thanks again for the wealth of information.

Matt
We run 6 min heats and an 8 min main. Usually after 6 min i am putting about 1500 mah back in at the most as long as there is no binding in the car anywhere. i have 4 packs, but I use the same pack for every race. You could almost get away with without charging for 2 races, but I do anyway. If your smooth on the throttle you won't use too much, but if your on and off constantly you might use more then 1500.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Jerz616
We run 6 min heats and an 8 min main. Usually after 6 min i am putting about 1500 mah back in at the most as long as there is no binding in the car anywhere. i have 4 packs, but I use the same pack for every race. You could almost get away with without charging for 2 races, but I do anyway. If your smooth on the throttle you won't use too much, but if your on and off constantly you might use more then 1500.
Good to know. Have you ever tried using a lower mah battery? I know with the old Nimh packs there was a pretty big difference in weight between the high capacity and the low ones.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mhelli1975
Good to know. Have you ever tried using a lower mah battery? I know with the old Nimh packs there was a pretty big difference in weight between the high capacity and the low ones.
We are required to have 1550 grams of weight so that is not a good reason to go with a lower capacity lipo. However some have noticed more punch and better performance with the lower capacity battery so if there is a reason to try lower capacity battery then I would say that is it.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
We are required to have 1550 grams of weight so that is not a good reason to go with a lower capacity lipo. However some have noticed more punch and better performance with the lower capacity battery so if there is a reason to try lower capacity battery then I would say that is it.
Thanks for the tip about the possible better punch and performance. I need to paint the shell tomorrow and go over the car tomorrow. Just read about 25 pages from VTA Part 1 and it was real interesting reading. I thought all the excitement happened on track.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcsuicide
This video is pretty cool. It looks like Vintage Trans Am is really growing in Germany.
There are a couple cool shots of VTA cars racing at the start of this video...
http://youtu.be/DI-sPHGl0Wk
It's also cool to hear what some German R/C enthusiasts think about vintage cars.

That is a nice big track. Love that blue carpet!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Default Scale National Results

For those wondering.........here are the results.

No blown motors or speedos from racing

Battman is once again a bridesmaid with a TQ and got to watch RJ's rear bumper in GT

Quote of the weekend "guess I can't make 20 minutes with a 3800 " Rob King

Thunder Power USA has a winner of a tire in the market for the sister class of USGT.

Thank You once again to everyone who made the trip. Team Novak,Battery Giant Racing,RadioPost,HPI
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
USVTA 2012 Nationals.pdf (43.6 KB, 169 views)
Old 04-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Historically the drama that is posted on the thread never shows up at the track. At least thats my experience. When you are home online you can bitch about opinions and rules, but at the track everybody wants to race and thats what the track day is about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.