Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 01:21 PM
ALG
Tech Regular

Im using the ED trans and have problems with the front belt, Is has a big lag and Im stripping the teeth,

has some one put a belt tensioner on the front? or use a diferent belt? or what experience do you have?

Waiting for your commets

HAVE FUN
Old 04-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
all we need now is more support for this car in the states
Exactly. Thats our job when we hit our local tracks! Promotion
Old 04-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

On a sour note . I was out setting up my G4S with a bunch of K factory parts (expensive parts) and I bumped a metal ramp used as curve markers on my local track http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...hmentid=219828. I might have been rolling 8 to 10 mph off throttle when this happened. I broke the lower bumper brace (plastic) my K Factory speed shot front bulkhead, damaged the foam bumper and the plastic supports that keeps it in place.

Now here is the surprising part while checking the chassis I noticed that it did not sit flat any more. I thought that the chassis might have bent slightly but no it was my flimsy but K factory side braces don't get me wrong these things look great but have no practical purpose I was really surprised that the side braces buckled and made the chassis seem bent. http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...4116&pageNum=1
http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...4115&pageNum=1

pictures coming

Last edited by Wayne1one; 04-10-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so that speed shot bulk head is looking more like cosmetics.....

I hear it bends/breaks alot.

and when it does its expensive to replace, so I am better off just keeping the stock plastics right?

the rear aluminum piece is not as weak is it?
Old 04-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

I can say I am speaking from experience now. That K factory stuff that I had on my car seems to be just cosmetics.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wayne1one
I can say I am speaking from experience now. That K factory stuff that I had on my car seems to be just cosmetics.
did you fill in the rear hole with epoxy or liquid metal ?
i had a high speed front on impact at ful throttle and in 2nd gear, the only thing that broke on the car was the ED front lay shaft. the speed shot frontend and bumper was fine. the chassis has a tendancy to tweak where the cut out for the tank is after the side braces, so no matter what you put on the car there it will tweak, or bend. quite easy to straighten again , wheels off loosen the top tray screws and give it a bit of a bend back, then tighten the screws again. the front end is more than cosmetic, i feel it improves the cars on power steering in a big way. they have new carbon inserts coming for them to strengthen the weak point. but if filled with a liquid metal or epoxy it is very strong indded.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:03 PM
Tech Adept

the aluminum part did not bend on the speed shot, the plastic bulkhead broke (where the bearings sit for the oneway)

and this would not be classified as a high speed hit by any means!

"but if filled with a liquid metal or epoxy it is very strong indeed." Thats an example of what I am talking about why should I have to fill this product with anything when it costs $100.00 dollars

approximately $110.00 of Aluminium and Carbon trash (because thats where its going)

Last edited by Wayne1one; 04-10-2007 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wayne1one
the aluminum part did not bend on the speed shot, the plastic bulkhead broke (where the bearings sit for the oneway)

and this would not be classified as a high speed hit by any means!

"but if filled with a liquid metal or epoxy it is very strong indeed." Thats an example of what I am talking about why should I have to fill this product with anything when it costs $100.00 dollars

approximately $110.00 of Aluminium and Carbon trash (because thats where its going)
hmm, have to agree with u guys, the new k-factory items are really kind of bling bling!!!! they dun really last, even for the new 4mm chassis. i was thinking of getting the 2 side plate, but i guess i shd hold it back.

those with ED, hiaks, really is NOT lasting, and yet more exp than stock gearings. so thats y i have been using non-ed and found it to be faster and durable.

but there is really nothing we can do. few of us have lodge complaint to TM nick ko but still i think they didn't take any action yet. i really feel that those with ED, kindly file a email complaint to TM, i think they will do something if more complaints are filed against them.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by razzor
Good to hear Menace
Please enlighten us how you lightened your car ?

Ill be picking up Mugen titanium screw sets at the nats on Friday and would like to see what else i can do.
I have a HARD racing Viper head that im thinking of popping on my engine ,would lower cg.
http://www.hard-racing.com/showBigPi...HARD/H2002.jpg
Anyone have any experience with these heads ???
I have had limited experience with these viper heads, through a friend I used to race with in England. Although I was with him so..........
He found the temperatures went up for the same tune. Maybe by as much as 30 degrees!
Although, some of this may be offset by removing the handle so as to get a better avenue for the air to get to the head. And maybe some other things along these lines too. You may nead to remove side/front windows. Things like that.
Like I said...........only limited experience. Sorry, and it was some time ago and it was at a race meeting so he did not play with it too much.

On lightening the car.........................
Well, I removed the handle. I never use it in touring car.
I removed the 5th body post and aluminum mount for it.
Using titanium pivot balls.
Only one fuel filter..... I was using two I know, but I'm kind of a freak when it comes to filtering fuel Plus the extra fuel line and filter sends me over the fuel carrying limit. So didn't really have a choice!??

Thats about it.
That has me down close to 1700g. I want to get to 1690g !
We'll see.

Menace
Old 04-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I won't be filing a complaint about my ED trans. It works fine. I have been running the 4mm chassis for a while now and there is no problem with it either.

Wayne1, I have to say, your car seems to have taken a bit more of a knock than the small bump you have suggested. The level of damage you describe points to a more serious impact or an impact that has stopped the car dead. We see cars with those options fitted taking some very serious hits and nowhere near the level of damage. In these crashes though the energy of the car is dispersed in it doing cartwheels or spinning.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Also.............
I wanted to mention.
Thanks to my loving wife.........who incidentally hates the sport/hobby

I will be able to have a very full and concentrated season of racing here in the U.S for the first time since I moved here 2 1/2 years ago.

That means alot to me and I thank her for that

Now, lookout. The menace beast hits the tracks

Lol............all I got to do now is drive the thing.

Menace
Old 04-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asw7576
Not yet..... it's still a virgin

I use NSR S3 berrylium before...... until my buddy passed me on the straight with his JP FX3 .
Did you see the driver inside your buddy's car waves his hand and said "BYE...BYE...!!!" ?
Old 04-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

won't filling up the holes with expoy or liquid metal add tons of weight to the bulk head tho?
Old 04-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I live in Southern California and the two major nitro onroad tracks are dominated by Mugens. Why? I don't understand especially seeing all the results in this forum. I was even considering giving up on my G4 for an NT1 until I saw the results in this forum from Madrid. Wow! The G4 is still very competitive.

My G4 is not the latest but a C-class which I had upgraded with 3Racing graphite shock towers and rear bulkhead, dual arm swing rack steering and a Mugen centax clutch which I was able to fit into the drivetrain. I see that the new G4S top-plate fixed the problem of mounting the receiver in a safe spot, but other than that, what else do I need to make my G4 stay competitive with the Mugens? Is the G4S chassis conversion really functional or just bling? Is the UFO clutch worth the extra expense vs. a regular centax clutch? Please guys any help would be appreciated. I was planning on putting down some serious cash on an NT1 but if I could get away with just a few good economical upgrades to my G4 for a small amount of money, then I could probably afford to spend the rest on a tire truer and some extra tires.

Thanks again guys.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The G4S conversion gives you two very important things:

1 - Chassis balance - The rx is moved as well as the battery and the servo locations are slightly different.

2 - The steering is now a single pivot jobbie that has better geometry and is far smoother than the swing rack with less slop so it is more accurate.

I think the G4S conversion would be a valuable addition to your car. The UFO clutch is also excellent but you could probably still get away with the Mugen clutch as it works well and has the adjustment required. The later G4's the Evo and the S all came with S-Class gearing which also made a small difference but this is another upgrade available from TM if you don't want to go the whole hog and get the ED transmission.

Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.