Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Hey guys im running a 720 right now and i plan on getting a car for next year and i was thinking about getting a 733 but i always like to try new things so i started to look around and saw this and im starting to like the design and i think im considering this car more but i just want to ask a few questions.
1. Are there any option parts out like k factory or anything because i went on wolf hobbies and i couldn't find anything.
2. If your running lipo what lipo are you running?
3. What parts do you think will break the most? Please be accurate because i asked the same for the 720 and people told me th efront bumper mount and im still using the ine that came with it but they failed to mention that the cvds are extremely weak
4. Do you have to use a low profile servo for the throttle?

Originally Posted by PrimeAKF11
I just weighed my new front diff with OFNA 120,000 wt oil. Complete with outdrives but without the pulley. 35 grams.

The spool, also with outdrives but without the pulley, weighed 20 grams.

I hope it's not too much of a weight penalty. I've always felt that a diff suited my driving style better than a spool. But I suppose the new tiny TM diff is as good as it gets .
Hi prime you probably won't remembeer me but i was the guy that told you and that other guy who were trying to fix your clutch that you had to cut the fly wheel weights and i was just wondering how the car felt on the track if you ever got out on the track yet and if the stock setup works well for you?
Old 07-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by beta bob
Hey guys im running a 720 right now and i plan on getting a car for next year and i was thinking about getting a 733 but i always like to try new things so i started to look around and saw this and im starting to like the design and i think im considering this car more but i just want to ask a few questions.
1. Are there any option parts out like k factory or anything because i went on wolf hobbies and i couldn't find anything.
Here is a list of the G4RS 2009 Kfactory optional parts. this parts should be available within a few weeks.

Best regards
www.machinaria.com

K14200 G4RS Alum. 7075 Rear Lower Arm Mount Set (w/ washer)
K14201 G4RS Alum. 7075 Front Upper Arm Mount (1 pair, w/ washer)
K14202 G4RS Alum. 7075 Front Lower Arm Mount Set (w/ washer)
K14203 ZF Belt S3M-204
K14204 ZF Belt S3M-360
K14205 ZF Belt S3M-186
K14206 G4 Alum. Front Anti-Roll Mount
K14207 G4 Clutch Shoe
K14208 G4 Push Type Teflon Clutch Centrifugal Shoe
K14209 G4 Alum. Front One Way Set (w/outdrive shaft)
K14209-1 G4 Alum. Front One Way Outdrive Shaft (2)
K14210 G4 Lightweight Alum. Front Solid Axle Set (w/outdrive shaft)
K14210-1 G4 Lightweight Alum. Front Solid Axle Outdrive Shaft (2)
K14210-2 G4 Lightweight Alum. Front Solid Axle
K14211 Push Type Clutch spring(Purple)
K14212 G4 Alum. Anti-Roll Bar
K14213 G4 Adjustable Front Anti-Roll Bar Set
K14214 G4 Lightweight Diff. Pin
K14215 Alum.7075 One Piece Engine Mount
K14216 Alum. Steering Spacer
K14217 Alum. Adjustable Steering Arm
K14218 Steel Universal Wheel Axle (2)
K14219 Rear CVD Dogbone (2)
K14220 Front CVD Dogbone (2)
K14221 Front Lightweight Differential Outdrive (2)
K14222 Rear Lightweight Differential Outdrive (2)
K14223 Carbon Front Shock Tower
K14224 Carbon Rear Shock Tower
K14225 Lightweight Alum. Push Type Flywheel
K14226 Lightweight Alum. Push Type Clutch Bell
K14227 Lightweight Alum. Middle Shaft
K14228 Lightweight Aluminum Middle Belt Mount
K14229 Alum.7075 Hinge Pin Mount (F/F)
K14230 Alum.7075 Hinge Pin Mount (F/R)
K14231 Alum.7075 Rear Adjustable Anti-Roll Bar Mount
K14232 Adjustable Anti-Roll Bar(2)
K14233 Rear Adjustable Anti-Roll Bar Pin 2.5x59.6 mm
K14234 Lightweight ST Ventilation Brake Disk (30 mm)
K14235 Alum. 7075 Front One Way
K14236 Lightweight ST Front One Way Outdrive Shaft(2)
K14237-62 Lightweight Spur Gear 62T
K14238-56 Lightweight Spur Gear 56T
K14239 Lightweight One Way Hub (w/bearing)
K14240 Lightweight 2 Speed Housing
K14241 Carbon Transponder Holder (L-Shape)
K14242 Carbon Side Plate Left
K14243 Carbon Side Plate Right
Old 07-10-2009, 08:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beta bob
2. If your running lipo what lipo are you running?
3. What parts do you think will break the most? Please be accurate because i asked the same for the 720 and people told me th efront bumper mount and im still using the ine that came with it but they failed to mention that the cvds are extremely weak
4. Do you have to use a low profile servo for the throttle?

Hi prime you probably won't remembeer me but i was the guy that told you and that other guy who were trying to fix your clutch that you had to cut the fly wheel weights and i was just wondering how the car felt on the track if you ever got out on the track yet and if the stock setup works well for you?

HEY!!! Of course I remember you .

1. The car's pretty new and as far as I know there's nothing out there for it yet. But if it follows the same path as the previous G4's, (which I'm reasonably sure it will), there'll be, shall we say, a lot available.

EDIT: Ok that's indeed a lot..

2. 5-cell AAA pack here so I can't answer that one. According to Machinaria the Team Integy pack http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...20&p_catid=140 will fit, and aizenbelle is running a lipo here http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...2009-a-14.html

3. I bent a front CVD slightly last week and had a spool outdrive grub screw hole strip on me but I think those were just due to my stupidity. On my old G4RS I cracked a rear arm once and broke one of the rear bulkheads twice.

4. My cheapo Hitec standard size digital servo fit just fine.

As for how the car felt, keep in mind I'm nowhere near the fast guys at BD (I only made it to the A twice since the track opened in May). But the car felt noticably 'snappier' than my older car, maybe due to the new clutch design or because it's lighter (George commented how light it was after comparing it with his MTX-4R). Handling wise I felt it was grippier overall. I traction rolled for the first time at Blue Diamond last Friday; my G4RS never did with the same tires.

I bested my previous best lap time by .4 seconds on the first day with the new car, so I'd say the stock setup worked at least reasonably well .

Are you going to be at the trophy race this sunday? You're more than welcome to take my car around the track for a few laps if you want to feel how it is.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

I just weighed my new front diff with OFNA 120,000 wt oil. Complete with outdrives but without the pulley. 35 grams.

The spool, also with outdrives but without the pulley, weighed 20 grams.

I hope it's not too much of a weight penalty. I've always felt that a diff suited my driving style better than a spool. But I suppose the new tiny TM diff is as good as it gets .
Kool man I was going to test mine today but it looks like rain is on its way hopefully I can get out of work early. let me know how the 120k works out for you. I filled mine up with 50k.

To Fatboy: here is the picture of my brake link.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

HEY!!! Of course I remember you .

1. The car's pretty new and as far as I know there's nothing out there for it yet. But if it follows the same path as the previous G4's, (which I'm reasonably sure it will), there'll be, shall we say, a lot available.

EDIT: Ok that's indeed a lot..

2. 5-cell AAA pack here so I can't answer that one. According to Machinaria the Team Integy pack http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...20&p_catid=140 will fit, and aizenbelle is running a lipo here http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...2009-a-14.html

3. I bent a front CVD slightly last week and had a spool outdrive grub screw hole strip on me but I think those were just due to my stupidity. On my old G4RS I cracked a rear arm once and broke one of the rear bulkheads twice.

4. My cheapo Hitec standard size digital servo fit just fine.

As for how the car felt, keep in mind I'm nowhere near the fast guys at BD (I only made it to the A twice since the track opened in May). But the car felt noticably 'snappier' than my older car, maybe due to the new clutch design or because it's lighter (George commented how light it was after comparing it with his MTX-4R). Handling wise I felt it was grippier overall. I traction rolled for the first time at Blue Diamond last Friday; my G4RS never did with the same tires.

I bested my previous best lap time by .4 seconds on the first day with the new car, so I'd say the stock setup worked at least reasonably well .

Are you going to be at the trophy race this sunday? You're more than welcome to take my car around the track for a few laps if you want to feel how it is.
Could you give me a starting point for the adjustment of the two speed clutch shoes, to save a bit of trying to get them right?

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
Could you give me a starting point for the adjustment of the two speed clutch shoes, to save a bit of trying to get them right?

Kindest regards,
Lars.
I found the shifting with the setting specified in the manual to be way too early (like, it-shifts-right-after-the-car-moves-early). I had to tighten them down quite a lot. I screwed the adjustment bolts in until the threaded end was flush with outer surface of the shoe and backed away a little bit. I think it was anywhere from half a turn to a full turn.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

I wont be coming this weekend because im just waiting for the stronger cvds people failed to mention to me that i ordered yesterday and i might be ordering a new engine because the one i run is getting to old and im just getting blown past on the straight because its losing its top end(and they say racing is won in the turns ) but thanks for the offer i will definetley be at the pete memorial race and idk about running the car but i would definetely like to look over it
Old 07-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up Wow

Finally got me an engine in the car.Man the car is wicked fast alot of steering,wheather permitting will hve 1st race on sunday, cant wait to try some of that new K-factory stuff..
Old 07-11-2009, 05:51 AM
Tech Regular

come on post some pictures
Old 07-11-2009, 06:19 AM
Tech Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by impalabob64
Finally got me an engine in the car.Man the car is wicked fast alot of steering,wheather permitting will hve 1st race on sunday, cant wait to try some of that new K-factory stuff..
dont you love how well it handles!!!
Old 07-11-2009, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

I found the shifting with the setting specified in the manual to be way too early (like, it-shifts-right-after-the-car-moves-early). I had to tighten them down quite a lot. I screwed the adjustment bolts in until the threaded end was flush with outer surface of the shoe and backed away a little bit. I think it was anywhere from half a turn to a full turn.
Totally agree with you Prime. shifting from the manual is super early. I did the same but 1 and and 1/4 turns for me.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up Yes

[QUOTE=aizenbelle;6053030]dont you love how well it handles!!!
The car will make alot people think alittle differently .Will raise some attention
Old 07-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aizenbelle
Kool man I was going to test mine today but it looks like rain is on its way hopefully I can get out of work early. let me know how the 120k works out for you. I filled mine up with 50k.

To Fatboy: here is the picture of my brake link.

Thanks for the Pic, Appreciated very much.

Shall post the result after 26th July Race

Old 07-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Many thanks for the advice; I have used your advice. It is so much less work when your get things right for a start. My boy 10 year old boy is building the car; and he is pathetically slow; so it will be a couple of weeks before we can take it to the race track, but I'll let you know how everything went.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi
I have a problem with my G4RS2009 and i wonder if someone can help me please. While i was driving the car, the first gear stripped and the car stopped. After investigation i saw the first gear stripped really bad. Anyway i came home and tried the to take off the first 62t gear which one way bearing installed. But i couldnt take it off, it looks like it is stuck on the shaft. Did it happen to anyone else? I tried really hard to take it off but it doesnt come off!!!! Can someone tell me what to do please?
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.