Blue Diamond Night Race 5/9/2009

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Blue Diamond Night Race 5/9/2009

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

great time guys, i didnt do as bad as i thought, 6th in buggy. it was cool that guys showed up from the other tracks after they were done, bet some of them saw the sun come up before they made it home. dj and angel, great to see you two after 15-20 years, hope to see more of ya's. mfrosty, great videos, i can see alot of my mistakes (now i just have to remember not to make them again) see most of yous this weekend
Old 05-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Toiffel
hey guys planning on attending the ROAR race, and was wondering what tires are working on truggy??

thanks....
i ran losi eclipses on both buggy and truggy and if you check the lap times and results the tire debate for the weekend will be over...but lately it seems all tires are are just as good as each other if that makes any sense....cool video mr.frosty...good luck guys this weekend guys and gals as i have to go to a communion party sat. ....see yall at hobby hut sunday!
Old 05-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpalessi
Thank you PigPen im sure Toiffel will be happy to see your response. See you Saturday!
Yes Pigpen, thank you very much for the info, it just happens that cb's are my favorite tire!!!
Old 05-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

also for any one running the losi 2.0 buggy and truggy....if your interested in a few changes i made to them to get them super dialed for the tq and win in both classes at blue diamond last weekends night race....just pm me here on rctech.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)

Ok, got all the videos I took up now

Buggy A-Main
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNY8mLRbLv0
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6OxfHoop4A
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmNmmZP5Vww

Buggy B-Main
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pflDcoJptY
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0v0_v3z04U

Didn't get to film the Truggys cause I was marshalling

Enjoy!
Old 05-12-2009, 07:30 AM
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

All the yelling and screaming at the beginning of the B main!!!
Old 05-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JUD
All the yelling and screaming at the beginning of the B main!!!
Yea, that was me when the Marshall had his back to my car while it sat on it's lid for 20+ seconds
Old 05-12-2009, 07:46 PM
JUD
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mfrosty
Yea, that was me when the Marshall had his back to my car while it sat on it's lid for 20+ seconds
I think I would have be yelling too!!! That may have cost you the race.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JUD
I think I would have be yelling too!!! That may have cost you the race.
I know I've been out of racing for a few years, but I still VERY much know the game of RC Racing... I don't think I've ever heard of a "Marshall" costing a "Racer" a win...Not unless he jumped out and stepped on the Racer's car or truck..lol...I agree 20000% that Marshalls should pay attention, but again guys, there was a lot going on in that B main, and to be honest, there were MANY wrecks...Hey, Bottomline...Marshalls don't drive. ...I had a little concern with one marshall during my heats...He didn't mean anything by it, but he seemed more conserned with his buddy on the drivers stand with me, over that of paying attention to the race. I tangled up a couple times in his section, when he wasn't paying attention...After the 2nd time, I simply calmed myself and told myself NOT to wreck in his section. Hey, it works...I didn't tangle in his section for the rest of the night...lol.. In the younger days I would have been going crazy and pulling out my arm pit hairs, and out of frustraition, the rest of my race or race day was shot.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm sorry, but there's no excuse for what happened, they were really short on marshalls for the B, but still. In the end though I'm the one that crashed so there's not too much I can say. I know when I marshall I watch my section of the track not the rest of the race, and I hustle! Hell I came off the Truggy A-Main sweating I was running so much and I know for a fact that no truck sat for more than a second or two in my section when they crashed. Regardless I had a blast for my first time out there, and this track is one of my favorites now Then again I've only race here, Nuclear and Awesome so far. Looking forward to hitting the Tiltyard, XRC and Hobby Hut this season too.

And I wasn't screaming at him to be a dick, just trying to get him to turn around and see my car
Old 05-13-2009, 04:21 AM
JUD
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DJ919
I know I've been out of racing for a few years, but I still VERY much know the game of RC Racing... I don't think I've ever heard of a "Marshall" costing a "Racer" a win...Not unless he jumped out and stepped on the Racer's car or truck..lol...I agree 20000% that Marshalls should pay attention, but again guys, there was a lot going on in that B main, and to be honest, there were MANY wrecks...Hey, Bottomline...Marshalls don't drive. ...I had a little concern with one marshall during my heats...He didn't mean anything by it, but he seemed more conserned with his buddy on the drivers stand with me, over that of paying attention to the race. I tangled up a couple times in his section, when he wasn't paying attention...After the 2nd time, I simply calmed myself and told myself NOT to wreck in his section. Hey, it works...I didn't tangle in his section for the rest of the night...lol.. In the younger days I would have been going crazy and pulling out my arm pit hairs, and out of frustraition, the rest of my race or race day was shot.
That was just a little bit of exaggeration on my part. I know it didn't cost him the race. But it sure can wreck your nerves!!! Marshalling is a tough job. I hustle out there myself to get drivers back on there wheels. But at the same time, I didn't put them on there lid!! So the key is to stay on all fours.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

It definately got me off my game big time, and I was pushing so hard to catch up that I just ended up crashing more. If I hadn't crashed I would have been in 1st or 2nd coming out of the back stretch of the track, but I took the risk trying to jump pass the 4 people in front of me