Xtreme RC magazine?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xtreme RC magazine?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

We know this, but racing is a marketing tool to those who will never race. The balance of a good magazine is making content that satisfies both sides, helps both sides, and serves a purpose.

Originally Posted by LasagnaCat
Large segment as in the bulk of the hobby, racers are the minority.

The bulk of r/c gear sold is never, ever raced.

They know (or knew) their target market, but with the instant gratification factor of the internet it's hard for ant print magazine to survive (unless it can be generic waiting room material.)
Old 01-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Looking forward to this new online magazine. Much better way to do things over print editions now a days.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rm25x
Looking forward to this new online magazine. Much better way to do things over print editions now a days.
Don't discount print, it's a great medium and the last that people sit and read. The internet is distracting, so when people buy a magazine it's higher quality reader. And obviously people on a forum are skewed demographics since we are online, but people still love print, and while you can't see the 15 "views' from print like you can online it does translate into sales.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Good points. I do still enjoy magazines, just like how much more interactive online editions can be with videos and stuff.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rm25x
Good points. I do still enjoy magazines, just like how much more interactive online editions can be with videos and stuff.
We agree, they are just different mediums. Both have pros and cons.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DerekB
I have nothing to do with XRC, nor does this magazine. We are a separate group that was laid off from the company. Me personally over a year and half ago.
Could you clarify this a bit? When I open the latest copies of the magazine, you're listed as the executive editor on the editorial page.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Could you clarify this a bit? When I open the latest copies of the magazine, you're listed as the executive editor on the editorial page.
Without going into personal details. Over a year ago I was laid off, and paid a retainer.

So I used to be a full time employee a year and a half ago, and then I was a freelance "executive editor." Titles are made up in the world, so what it said was I worked there. That doesn't mean anything. None of us owned or were a part of the company other than paid employees.

This project happened because of the other magazine ending. It wasn't us who had anything to do with the business side.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DerekB
Without going into personal details. Over a year ago I was laid off, and paid a retainer.

So I used to be a full time employee a year and a half ago, and then I was a freelance "executive editor." Titles are made up in the world, so what it said was I worked there. That doesn't mean anything. None of us owned or were a part of the company other than paid employees.

This project happened because of the other magazine ending. It wasn't us who had anything to do with the business side.
Hey Derek,, Let me know when your ready for your East Coast connection!! I hope everything works out good.
STEVE SEMERARO
Old 01-16-2012, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Good luck Dee. I expect nothing less than your grossly sarcastic pros sprinkled with a heavy dose of opinion.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Thanks guys, I'll be starting another thread about Velocity RC Magazine so this doesn't get confusing to people.

I was waiting until our website was up and running right. We are just figuring out the organizational layout right now. We should be up and running with that this week.

VRC will be a professional publication that you download for $1.99, and a website you visit for information.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Magazine

I paid for a 2 year subscription in September but never got an issue, as i am a foreign subscriber is there any chance of getting a refund or the transfer of subscription like is mentioned. all contact info for xtreme is disconnected.

please pm me if anyone in the know comes here??
Old 01-18-2012, 05:50 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

ya..i am into them for 2 years myself....
Old 01-20-2012, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by davemaria
I paid for a 2 year subscription in September but never got an issue, as i am a foreign subscriber is there any chance of getting a refund or the transfer of subscription like is mentioned. all contact info for xtreme is disconnected.

please pm me if anyone in the know comes here??
You should be able to email [email protected] for an answer to that. Unfortunately I don't have those answers for you.

Be sure to check out www.vrcmag.com the website should be live on Sunday, and our first Issue is coming out the end of Feb!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 06:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default xtreme magazine

no answer from the email, trying now rcca if they know anything about subscription tranfers. miffed that a magazine would take credit payments than dissappear a few days/weeks later.

just like most companies, screw customers and employees. get as much $$ as they can than bail.... no return or auto reversing credit charge. from the site thats still up. how many people have sent checks through the mail?

Old 01-31-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by davemaria
no answer from the email, trying now rcca if they know anything about subscription tranfers. miffed that a magazine would take credit payments than dissappear a few days/weeks later.

just like most companies, screw customers and employees. get as much $$ as they can than bail.... no return or auto reversing credit charge. from the site thats still up. how many people have sent checks through the mail?

You should be able to just call your CC and have them cancel...sorry for the frustration. VRC Magazine is just going to be $1.99 per issue and no subscription to start, so you'll never have a problem!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.