Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Velcro or Double sided tape?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 09:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by CypressMidWest
Okay here's my solution. Get some good SERVO TAPE, Bolink MIP Trinity all have some but my favorite is BRP. cut the tape to the size of your electrical component. Take a lighter and hold it about four inches from the adhesive side of the tape, then stick it to your esc/recv. Peel the backing off then do the lighter trick to the chassis side of the tape then make sure you know where you want it on the chassis and plunk it down. It will hold like superglue, but when you remove it the tape will peel off the chassis in one piece, then you can peel the tape off the electronic component in one piece as well. Far more secure then velcro, and way more convenient than shoe-goo.
I like that idea im gonna try that one
Old 01-16-2004, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: I never use tape!

Originally posted by Demetris Taylor
I never use tape on any of my cars.

My solution is Zappa Dappa Doo or better known as Shoe Goo. It holds like cement and you can remove your ESC, RX, or anything just by using a flat head screw driver wedging it between your components and the chassis.
i have to agree, shoe goo is the way stays in place even when i crash,electronics doesnt move...very easy clean up too!!!!
Old 01-17-2004, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Sounds like a mess to me!!!
Old 01-18-2004, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

I just used shoo goo when I did the 90 degree servo modon my SD, and it is holding like nothing else.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Velcro or Double sided tape?

Originally posted by lawndoggie
Hey guys,
DO you guys mount your speedo and receiver with velcro tape or double sided tape? The reason I ask is because I want to be able to swap my speedo and receiver from one car to another. I believe that using double sided tape is more secure, but its difficult to remove the components?
While using velcro tape might be less secure, but easier to detach things?
Whats your take?

Thanks
By no means dbl-sided tape and good quality sticky, sh*t just dripping off of it super dope dbl. sided sick sticky tape if you plan on racing, for play go with velcro.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:28 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Intermision
I just used shoo goo when I did the 90 degree servo modon my SD, and it is holding like nothing else.
i broke a couple servo saves and my shoo goo-ed servo is still stuck like a rock!
Old 01-19-2004, 02:06 AM
Tech Master

Hell just CA them hoes on, no just kidding, shooey goo is another option that will hold better and the servo can be removed with caution.