BMI's DB12R

Old 08-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Uga
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
So far, this is the only place I've found to get replacement left side hub screws, which is at IRS, the vendor of the hub. You want IRS part number 214.
I have to order some myself:
http://www.teamirsrc.com/hubs.html

Edit: Stormer also has them.
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...c=ns&pn=IRS214
Thanks, that's exactly what I needed!
Old 08-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by protc3
Silver is actually one step softer than the gold. I would go to the gold or red and drop down to #4 surelube. That should help a ton
Ah ok...I was thinking the springs were the same as the CRC ones. The silver CRC are stiffer.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Jason, got the package in today. Thanks, I like the shirt I bought. I know somone at the track will be wanting it when they see it.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Ah ok...I was thinking the springs were the same as the CRC ones. The silver CRC are stiffer.
im not familiar with the CRC springs.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:13 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by CarlosG.
Jason, got the package in today. Thanks, I like the shirt I bought. I know somone at the track will be wanting it when they see it.
Glad everything got there ok. We have plenty of shirts if they want one.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Dead on Jason, went to the red spring and #4 shurlube and the car was strapped!. Now if only the the driver was as good. My hero lap was 8.3 and avg was around 8.5, not great but not bad with Kyle (recent on-road champ) running 7.9 to 8.2 laps. Mabey a bit less time turtled on my lid and I'd be close

Thanks man
Old 08-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Ran the car for the first time yesterday Jason after having it for a couple of months.
I only got to get in two long practice runs but the car is pretty amazing man. Ran Jaco yellow rears all day but switched from black frts to lilac frts. The lilacs were definitely better but this thing has a ton of potential. After Vegas, it will be an all-out assault on getting this badboy dialed.
For not running 1/12 for almost a year and a with a brand new layout I didn't see until yesterday, it was nice to see laptimes on current pace.

I'll give you a call next week
Old 08-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by chris moore
Dead on Jason, went to the red spring and #4 shurlube and the car was strapped!. Now if only the the driver was as good. My hero lap was 8.3 and avg was around 8.5, not great but not bad with Kyle (recent on-road champ) running 7.9 to 8.2 laps. Mabey a bit less time turtled on my lid and I'd be close

Thanks man
Great news buddy!!
Old 08-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by JayBee
Ran the car for the first time yesterday Jason after having it for a couple of months.
I only got to get in two long practice runs but the car is pretty amazing man. Ran Jaco yellow rears all day but switched from black frts to lilac frts. The lilacs were definitely better but this thing has a ton of potential. After Vegas, it will be an all-out assault on getting this badboy dialed.
For not running 1/12 for almost a year and a with a brand new layout I didn't see until yesterday, it was nice to see laptimes on current pace.

I'll give you a call next week
Glad to hear it bro. I will talk to you this week
Old 08-10-2008, 06:47 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

So I ran some carpet oval with the 12R today. Things went well and the car was great. (New track record! )

However something came up that I thought someone here might be able to help me troubleshoot. After a couple run-ins with the a Hacker or two the car started to make a strange racket (sound). I was off-power only and mainly happened while turning. It sort of sounded like a metal-to-metal rattle. It sort of sounded like it was coming from the back. This sound could not be heard with the car in my hands. I looked things over real close and could not find anything out of place. The car continued to drive well even though the noise got quite noticeable. Will looking it over I notice that one of the front bearings seemed to have a catch in it. I then replaced all of the front bearings. During the next and final run I did not hear the sound.
I hesitate to believe that a bearing could make so much of a rattle.

Thoughts.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Any way to make the car lighter? I also would like to know where to get titanium screws for the car? Thanks for the help.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Uga
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
So I ran some carpet oval with the 12R today. Things went well and the car was great. (New track record! )

However something came up that I thought someone here might be able to help me troubleshoot. After a couple run-ins with the a Hacker or two the car started to make a strange racket (sound). I was off-power only and mainly happened while turning. It sort of sounded like a metal-to-metal rattle. It sort of sounded like it was coming from the back. This sound could not be heard with the car in my hands. I looked things over real close and could not find anything out of place. The car continued to drive well even though the noise got quite noticeable. Will looking it over I notice that one of the front bearings seemed to have a catch in it. I then replaced all of the front bearings. During the next and final run I did not hear the sound.
I hesitate to believe that a bearing could make so much of a rattle.

Thoughts.
From what you described it sounds much like a loose diff, but if you say that changing the front bearings helped, then just do a closer inspection to the bearings you replaced, maybe a faulty retainer ring or something, normally BMI comes with BOCA bearings which are top quality.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CarlosG.
Any way to make the car lighter? I also would like to know where to get titanium screws for the car? Thanks for the help.
To lighten the car, use aluminium screws, they are half the weight of steel, Ti is only 2/3rds the weight of steel. I've used them everywhere except the forward attachment of the L plates. Beware that this is not a good idea if your track has solid boards, or if you have a habit of hitting things. The DB12R is strong for a lot of reasons, and the steel screws is one of them. HTH
Old 08-11-2008, 08:35 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Uga
From what you described it sounds much like a loose diff, but if you say that changing the front bearings helped, then just do a closer inspection to the bearings you replaced, maybe a faulty retainer ring or something, normally BMI comes with BOCA bearings which are top quality.
Yeah I thought the diff might have something to do with the noise so I broke it down and put it back and go no change. I inspected to front bearings that I took off the car and I did not notice a major issue, just some slop.

I should mention though that the car went on to finish all races and won the Main by like a year! Good Car!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:46 AM
Tech Lord

It could be a spur gear or just a grinding bearing when its under load. If it stopped with the bearing change then that was probably it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.