Search

Futaba vs. Airtronics

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 05:55 PM
dvu
Tech Apprentice

Default Futaba vs. Airtronics

Hey,

From what I've read on the forum, I gather most people prefer futaba equipment. I've always used Airtronics in my cars and no problems yet. Anybody out there have a strong opinion either way?

Thanks, Duc
Old 01-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Airtronics!!!! Has never failed me...ever!!! Cant say that about Futaba. Great servos. Real fast but my airtronics seem tougher. Never had one die on me. My friend was 3rd in a 1/8 scale 45min main when his reciever overheated and started to freak out and had to pull off. He was pissed.
If not Airtronics i'd go KO.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)

I like both brands....
Old 01-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Both will probably do you just fine...

You might have issues with either one, but it's not a common thing.

Basically go for which one looks better to you
Old 01-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

At this point I would use Futaba servos and Airtronics radios. If I was going to use one brand only I would with Airtronics.

Currently I use mostly Futaba servos (I still have a few Airtronics laying around) with a few JR servos. I use the Spektrum DX3R radio, but had a KO before that and an Airtronics before that one.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
At this point I would use Futaba servos and Airtronics radios. If I was going to use one brand only I would with Airtronics.

Currently I use mostly Futaba servos (I still have a few Airtronics laying around) with a few JR servos. I use the Spektrum DX3R radio, but had a KO before that and an Airtronics before that one.
I'm with Scott. Airtronics radios are the best. While their servos are also very good (second best IMO) Futaba has the best servos on the planet.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:50 PM
dvu
Tech Apprentice

It makes sense, but I never thought about using futaba servos with airtronics radios Do the futaba servos just plug into the airtronics receiver? Is there any non-compatability issue I should be aware of?

Thanks
Old 01-27-2009, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Why not consider KO Propo?

I can almost guarantee, that the radio's produced by the company have great quality as they are currently being made in Japan still. Also the radio can potentially be the lightest in combination with a LiPo battery. I used to run Airtronics radio gear in combination with Futaba servos, but i've never been happier with my KO Propo EX-10 Helios. The response is so fast, and i've also never felt more connected to my car. I race 1/8th On-road, and its very important to have good radio gear with the speeds the cars are driving at.

The servo's themselves are already capable of holding higher voltages from lithium battery packs used as receiver packs. And they provide great specs, without going overboard on weight of the total servo.

KO Propo! :thumbs up:
Old 01-28-2009, 02:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

you will have to mod or change the futaba J plug so it will fit in the airtronics receiver.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dvu
It makes sense, but I never thought about using futaba servos with airtronics radios Do the futaba servos just plug into the airtronics receiver? Is there any non-compatability issue I should be aware of?

Thanks
To add a bit to the other explanation: The futaba servo plug has a small little nib on it. Usually about 10 seconds with an X-acto knife will shave that off and then it goes into the receiver with little issue. Obviously as was said you could change the plastic plug if you desire.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Airtronics has worked well for me for many years, both radios, receivers, and servos.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have a Futaba 3PKss, and I love it. I have tried friends M11 and KO. They're all good radios. The M11s response time is slow compared to the other 2, the Futaba is a lot faster than the M11. Just recently I tried someones KO and that thing is amazing, you almost feel like you're inside the car drinving it, I liked it so much that Im considering selling my 3PK and getting a KO.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

i use futaba radio and airtronics servos....alway's and luv em !
Old 01-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've always used Airtronics radio and servos and have not had any failures. In my 1/8 onroad car I have had the same servos in it for 2 years and they still work perfect. Big thing is to get your end points set right so they don't overload the servos.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by JASON MAC
I've always used Airtronics radio and servos and have not had any failures. In my 1/8 onroad car I have had the same servos in it for 2 years and they still work perfect. Big thing is to get your end points set right so they don't overload the servos.
Very correct

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.