Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OCM KAOS DOMINATING

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 05:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rstnboy
I do have the hard milled chassis as well so maybe that is the problem. As I said, it isn't so far back that it doesn't work, I would just prefer it was more centered. This is the first time it has been an issue.

The collets were if different thicknesses and there was some improvement just not as much as I would like. The thinnest one was actually too thin and the flywheel rubbed against the block.

I thought about drilling and tapping new holes but there wouldn't be enough material to support the threads due to being so close to the old holes.
yep i concur. It's not anything to be worried about although i am the same and would like it to be more centered.

But think of it this way, the engine has been moved towards the centre of the chassis allowing better weight distribution
Old 07-11-2008, 05:49 AM
Tech Addict

If you can get hold of one, I'd try the one piece engine mount as these were specifically designed for Nova Engines to fit as that was what Didian was using back then. Trouble was nothing else fitted too good as Nova engine foot print is different.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

We had the first run of ocm 1 piece engine mounts and the only setup they worked with was using a losi clutch to move it far enough forward to hit the spur gear. That was on a max power which is a novarossi based engine. Although it worked we did break several clutch bells so I would think there was too much flex caused by the mounting position.

As for the truggy it is awesome once you work out some of the quirks. I have put the mugen diffs in and they are sweet. May end up putting the mugen bulkheads on for even more reliable performance. I have an extra set of diffs that I want to sell if someone is looking for them. They have been run 1 time in a buggy. This would be a complete set of mugen truggy diffs front and rear with pinions. Someone else may be interested in them and they get first dibbs but if they say no then they will be up for sale.

I might even sell the truggy, not sure yet to be honest. I have one complete one that I am racing and most of another one for lots of parts. Not sure like I said just throwing it out there.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I have a very nice Evo for sale.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...76#post4626276

Colin
Old 07-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by katjim00
I have an extra set of diffs that I want to sell if someone is looking for them. They have been run 1 time in a buggy. This would be a complete set of mugen truggy diffs front and rear with pinions. Someone else may be interested in them and they get first dibbs but if they say no then they will be up for sale.

I might even sell the truggy, not sure yet to be honest. I have one complete one that I am racing and most of another one for lots of parts. Not sure like I said just throwing it out there.
Do the Mugen truggy diffs have the same beneficial effect in the Kaos buggy as they do in the MBX5/MBX5R? Logic would indicate they do but sometimes the logical answer isn't always the correct one.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Actually I ran them in a mbx5r and they are crazy. Used a 44t spur gear and 16t bell. Think a 17t will calm it down a little but if you like silly acceleration then stick with the 16t. I know other people had ran the truggy ratios in the kaos and really liked them. I never did but from what I have seen in the 5r I think it would hold true in the evo.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Alan driving his new ride..

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=yr4THEb7FhE
Old 07-22-2008, 02:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

French team gathered for a local meeting

Old 07-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Does anyone know where I can download the manual for the Kaos in PDF format?
Old 07-25-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (91%+)
Default pdf Kaos Manual

Originally Posted by KyLayfield
Does anyone know where I can download the manual for the Kaos in PDF format?
This link should get you there, LMK if it doesn't...

http://www.j-fam.org/rcpics/OCM_MANU...ion_manual.pdf
Old 07-25-2008, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Yep, it works. Thanks!
Old 07-26-2008, 05:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default jammin bbs on ocm

hey OCM guys has anyone run Jammin bbs on thier car if so i read you habe to limit up travel how do you do this Also were can you get the new diff bulk heads ive not had any real problems with the car but i noticed in my las race in th 30 min main after about 20 mins the back diff got really tight and i was told because the diff bulkheads got hot and thats wat happened i saw gi gi have some new diff bulk heads were cani buy these?
also what shock oils and springs did you run with the bbs?
Old 07-26-2008, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BermyDomRepRC
hey OCM guys has anyone run Jammin bbs on thier car if so i read you habe to limit up travel how do you do this Also were can you get the new diff bulk heads ive not had any real problems with the car but i noticed in my las race in th 30 min main after about 20 mins the back diff got really tight and i was told because the diff bulkheads got hot and thats wat happened i saw gi gi have some new diff bulk heads were cani buy these?
also what shock oils and springs did you run with the bbs?
You can get the bulkheads at www.holeshothobbies.com. You can also limit you up travel on the shocks by putting a piece of fuel tubing the shock shaft right above the shock shaft ball end. It will stop the shaft from going further up and bottom out on the shock body.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

thanks ill be ordering the bulkheads from you next week and some front arms this should solve my problem also can i just run ocm shafts in the jammin bbs and not need to limit up travel?
Old 07-26-2008, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BermyDomRepRC
thanks ill be ordering the bulkheads from you next week and some front arms this should solve my problem also can i just run ocm shafts in the jammin bbs and not need to limit up travel?
As long as the shaft diameter is the same size I do not see why not. I have Caster shock shafts in my KMW shocks on me ZX1-R and my KMW shocks came off of a X-ray buggy, the diameter was the same and I have had no problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.