Wiki Posts
Search

FSEARA 2016-17 new season proposals/discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 02:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default FSEARA 2016-17 new season proposals/discussion

Lets start the 2016-17 new season discussion. New rules, new classes. Feel free to let your input be heard but as always, lets be civil about it. First race will be @Valkaria in August(Nationals in September) and also to host the year-end banquet.

Our current classes,
TC Classes
USVTA (Vintage Trans-Am)
17.5 TC (ROAR rules)
13.5 TC (ROAR rules)

Pancar Classes
17.5 GT (WGT rules with GT bodies and 17.5 motors)
Old 04-21-2016, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

A simple suggestions for pancar is to replace it with wgt r. To many variations throughout the state.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

TC 21.5 but you can't drive in the other two tc classes. Add wgt-r with gt17.5. I'll run both.
The Rubber tires (WGT-R) worked fine at Kissimmee.
Or if you want only one pan car class- run the first have on WGT-R (carpet) and the second half outdoors GT17.5
Also for the first half (carpet) 1/12th (either 13.5 or 17.5)

Last edited by BullFrog; 04-21-2016 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Pan Car Class

SPEC175GT with foam tires. WGT-R for those who like rubber tires.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I would like to run 21.5 and 17.5 TC...... Average Joe here......
Old 04-21-2016, 09:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

im for 21.5 being added. If you run 21.5 you can also run 17.5. A 13.5 driver cannot run 21.5.

Pancar 1 class only. We had 2 show up this weekend, attendance has been very weak. I'm for having Mixing up the class, some races rubber tire, some spec gt, etc. 5 cars to make a class at a state race. I'm not trying to argue, just stating facts! Please do not Blow up my inbox!

Also, not much has changed in the last 6 years, for the past 6 years we have had all listened to the "vote". However, many of the "voters" have not been attending the races. That being said, I think the quiet majority should get what they want. I have talked to a lot people at the last 2 races. It is time for FSEARA to become more than a Glorified Club Race. Things need to be changed. 2 day events need to be brought back, 4 qualifiers on Saturday, 1 Sunday with Triple A-mains. We need to stick with FSEARA classes at all races with the exception of 1 promoters class at each event, only if it has more than 5 entries. Every class must have a minimum of 5 entries to have a class for that weekend. We are wasting way too much time on these classes that have 2,3 and 4 entries at a state race. With regards to Minnreg, we can start racing Saturday night, maybe cut one qualifier out of that event on Saturday night but still maintain 1 and triple A's on Sunday. $40.00 entry fee per class for the weekend.

Track Owner Responsibility changes:
-No Races held at your track on State Race weekend - For OnRoad that is. If an OnRoad race is held or promoted at your track the same weekend as a state race, you lose your next state race(even if it is the same year).

-Track owners must put up banners of our Series Sponsors, tracks make money, they need to help support our sponsors.

Robert
Old 04-22-2016, 06:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

And a Follow up my post from last night.....this is how or series breaks down from this year.

13.5 - Only 5 Guys Eligible for Year End awards

17.5(Biggest Class) - 10 Guys Eligible for year end Awards

Spec 17.5 GT - 4 guys Eligible for year end awards

USVTA - 4 Guys Eligible

World GT - Nobody Eligible for awards

So, with Two Pan Car Classes in the Points series, only 4 guys are eligible for year end awards. Numbers don't Lie guys, that is not good! If we want to make PanCar a class in the state series, the attendance numbers need to be brought up and not just for one race either, they need to be brought up for the whole season. We cant keep wasting 45 minutes to an hour each race day for a class that only has 2 or 3 guys running in it.

So, before everyone starts yelling and screaming at me, I am for any class that can field a minimum of 5 guys, although not impressive, I think 5 makes a class. We need to boost attendance in the classes that do get the attendance numbers. FSEARA was NOT meant to a traveling Club Race, it is supposed to be a point series to see who is the best in the state for their respective classes.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well I guess 386 R/C Raceway is out of the running for holding a State race which is a shame Since I am un able to close my doors for a race day due to having to pay the hight rent of any track that will be on te schedule. I hope the series has a great year next year.

Chris Crowder
Old 04-22-2016, 06:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by number_0
Well I guess 386 R/C Raceway is out of the running for holding a State race which is a shame Since I am un able to close my doors for a race day due to having to pay the hight rent of any track that will be on te schedule. I hope the series has a great year next year.

Chris Crowder
Why can't you run Oval?
Old 04-22-2016, 07:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
Track Owner Responsibility changes:
-No Races held at your track on State Race weekend - For OnRoad that is. If an OnRoad race is held or promoted at your track the same weekend as a state race, you lose your next state race(even if it is the same year).

Robert
You can't blame/dictate what a business owner can or can't do to run their business.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Robert the state series was started with one day events. when we had 200 racers at an event we went to two day events. With 30 drivers that travel what's the point of the added expense of a hotel and etc.
As for us pan cars- we started the series and it is money in the promoters pocket. The 3 classes suggested are the most popular except at your track.WGT died earlier this year. Unfortnately some still want to host this class. The other two GT17.5 and WGT-R are growing these two classes are the biggest total at 386 every Sunday.
As for sponsors banners at the tracks maybe someone could correct the state series site as GQ has not been a sponsor for over a year.
These are just my thoughts for someone that started the series and been racing for 36 years. We've had this discussion for several years now. First you need new racers regardless of what they drive to attend the state races.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

You are missing the point!

Other types of racing can be run at the track in question. By having an event that offers the same classes on the same days as FSEARA you are taking away from the Series and you ar emaking it harder for that local racer to go to the state race. The dates are posted well in advance, it should be easy enough to schedule around an FSEARA event. It is called courtesy, and there hasnt been any. PERIOD!
Old 04-22-2016, 08:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Robert the state series was started with one day events. when we had 200 racers at an event we went to two day events. With 30 drivers that travel what's the point of the added expense of a hotel and etc.
As for us pan cars- we started the series and it is money in the promoters pocket. The 3 classes suggested are the most popular except at your track.WGT died earlier this year. Unfortnately some still want to host this class. The other two GT17.5 and WGT-R are growing these two classes are the biggest total at 386 every Sunday.
As for sponsors banners at the tracks maybe someone could correct the state series site as GQ has not been a sponsor for over a year.
These are just my thoughts for someone that started the series and been racing for 36 years. We've had this discussion for several years now. First you need new racers regardless of what they drive to attend the state races.
I understand Bill, but that Horse has been beaten to death. Attendance has dwindled every single year, did you see the numbers? Changes need to be made in order for this series to grow. There have been votes the last several years on keeping things the way they are and the attendance continues to suffer. Guys are not coming to the races, things need to be done to change that.

I and many others are tired of seeing 2 and 3 car classes. It is not only a waste of time(because it will be a different two guys at the next race) but it creates a bad perception for anyone trying to get into the series., I dont think there is anyone on here that can say 2 or 3 cars on a track for a main will be exciting?
Old 04-22-2016, 08:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
You are missing the point!

Other types of racing can be run at the track in question. By having an event that offers the same classes on the same days as FSEARA you are taking away from the Series and you ar emaking it harder for that local racer to go to the state race. The dates are posted well in advance, it should be easy enough to schedule around an FSEARA event. It is called courtesy, and there hasnt been any. PERIOD!
I think you are missing the point. Do you pay his rent? What about every other business that is open the same day as a State race? Are you banning Superior from being open? Beachline? Now, you have successfully pissed off every racer in Daytona and the odds of them ever supporting FSEARA is slim to none. Nice job. Chris opened a R/C track for the love of the sport, and now this is how he's being repaid.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default To determine the fastest racer in Flordia

Based off one of the most successful RC races held now as a series. the best of the best racers are determined on a mixed surface almost 50/50 carpet, an asphalt not based on only one surface, an gives the guys, an ladies room to grow an share knowledge to be better racers. We have one of the biggest races in Florida once a year an we have tracks where we now can take advantage of an get better so we as a hole can have better representation for Florida. All I'm saying if the leaders wanna push a strong showing to the rest of the country an some of the major sponsors we need to show were balanced races as well not only in one field. This help everyone not just a track. we need to bring everyone together an think more of making it fun an a attraction for the new an up coming an maybe we can attract other racers from other states to compete with us.. asphalt an carpet baby let's make it happen.. Blacksamai approve this message..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.