Wiki Posts
Search

Inside of Motor

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Inside of Motor

Hey I took my motor apart to seal it. I had found some Permatex Black Sealant in my tool box so i used that.. I also took some pictures of the inside of my piston.. Tell me what you guys think..
Attached Thumbnails Inside of Motor-imag0197.jpg   Inside of Motor-motor.jpg  
Old 05-10-2012, 02:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Looks burnt, gooey, crispy, black and brown creamy with a touch of crusty all rolled together in one. It also looks used, betrayed, abused, R/C raped and skull punched.

Engines should look happy! Lightly brown toasted on the top with no black and brown drippings mixed in and running down the side. Neat, clean shaving, well mannered and groomed properly are a must for a happy engine. A happy engine screams MOXIE!
Old 05-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

My engine is not black it is brown, Just hard to tell in the pixs. Also i have ran about 2 gallons threw the engine and it still runs strong.. But i am getting close to a rebuild soon..
Old 05-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bighomedog11
My engine is not black it is brown, Just hard to tell in the pixs. Also i have ran about 2 gallons threw the engine and it still runs strong.. But i am getting close to a rebuild soon..
That engine looks like it has a 55 gallon drum ran through it.

Since it's out of the truck and really, you only pulled the head off and did a quick wipe, why stop there? Pull the header off, Pull the back plate off, pull the sleeve and piston out, pull the crank and clean that thing up.

Can't help but notice the piston in TDC, usually if a sleeve has pinch left, the sleeve would pop out of the block before the piston gets to TDC. That mill looks spent to be honest....
Old 05-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bighomedog11
For all intensive purposes it could be purple, green, red, or black it really doesnt matter. Dark colors mean lean settings. You could have 3-4 gallons thru it and if properly tuned it should only be a gold color. +1 on TDC. I hope you had to push it up that far. If not IMO your in need of either a repinch or rebuild
Old 05-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

As an example here's my HPI K5.9 @ 9 gallons, it's now on gallon #13.

And here's how much pinch there was-

This is at 6 gallons -

Old 05-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Phins Fan
For all intensive purposes it could be purple, green, red, or black it really doesnt matter. Dark colors mean lean settings. You could have 3-4 gallons thru it and if properly tuned it should only be a gold color. +1 on TDC. I hope you had to push it up that far. If not IMO your in need of either a repinch or rebuild
Yeah i pushed it up that far just for the picture. But I am going to run my engine more rich because it still runs good.. I just need to run it more rich now. Then when i rebuild i will make sure to tune it better