Community
Wiki Posts
Search

losi 10t truggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Grimlock212
I just picked it up yesterday and I haven't driven/raced it yet. The engine is still on the way from Canada and I need to wait to get my Ten-T back from Losi so I have a radio since I am using the DX3S.

Losi is going through my Ten-T due to several issues including the OWB. They are hoping to ship it back to me today.

dam nice man thats a pretty penny on the servos lol, i still debateing if i want to get a hitec servo, for my truggy.since i had, constant problems with the centering of the cheaper hitec diginal servos

i run the eight 1.0 by the way

Last edited by tc5 man; 02-11-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
dam nice man thats a pretty penny on the servos lol, i still debateing if i want to get a hitec servo, for my truggy.since i had constant problems centering problems with ,the cheaper dingal servos.

i run the eight 1.0 by the way
I paid $200 for the 2 servos. I was originally going to go with the 7950/7940 combo, until I researched them on this forum.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Prophet

I paid $200 for the 2 servos. I was originally going to go with the 7950/7940 combo, until I researched them on this forum.

me and you know guys on this forum, have diffrent opinions on servos.
belive it or not i had really good, luck with a $95 futaba coreless diginal servo and a orion vortex servo, on my 1/8 buggy.with centering etc.

anyways the eight buggy jumps ,really good and just floats in the air.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Head to the Losi forums and read up. http://forum.losi.com/showthread.php?t=1735

There are several major threads on it. My current theory is that there is an issue with the back plate leaking on some of these. My OWB worked fine for weeks and then started slipping. Clean it out and it would run for a day and start slipping. Replace the OWB and it would start slipping again in a day. So I think there is more to it than just a OWB issue. Something is causing it to slip repeatedly.
did you change the OWB shaft when you changed the OWB ? the shaft is actually softer then the bearings, so if the OWb has worn out so has the shaft...replacing the OWB without replacing the shaft will result in slipping right away......When a OWB starts to slip you need to stop imediately and flush the engine with WD40..If you continue to try to start it with a slipping OWB you are just wearing out the shaft and bearings, as soon as its slipping its causing damage....some fuels oil package causes OWB's to slip very easily, some fuels work awesome with OWB, others can be a nightmare...... WD40 will degum the OWB instantly, you just need to give it about 10 minute to evaporate out of the engine before you run... Everything your describing sounds like typical OWB behavior, which is why I much prefer a bump box..... Plus the OWB shaft/backplate bushing can cause a huge air leak and make tuning difficult...
Old 02-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Maximo
did you change the OWB shaft when you changed the OWB ? the shaft is actually softer then the bearings, so if the OWb has worn out so has the shaft...replacing the OWB without replacing the shaft will result in slipping right away......When a OWB starts to slip you need to stop imediately and flush the engine with WD40..If you continue to try to start it with a slipping OWB you are just wearing out the shaft and bearings, as soon as its slipping its causing damage....some fuels oil package causes OWB's to slip very easily, some fuels work awesome with OWB, others can be a nightmare...... WD40 will degum the OWB instantly, you just need to give it about 10 minute to evaporate out of the engine before you run... Everything your describing sounds like typical OWB behavior, which is why I much prefer a bump box..... Plus the OWB shaft/backplate bushing can cause a huge air leak and make tuning difficult...
I don't think any of that will be an issue since I think they are giving me a new engine and ROSS (among other things.) I never used WD40, I would usually clean the shaft with a Q-tip and Simple Green and clean out the OWB similarly.

There are a lot of guys with lots of experience having issues with the OWB. I never owned a Traxxas with the OWB, but I know many of the guys have. They said that with the Traxxas OWN it was easy to clean and run a while. The ROSS behaving the same way with any of us. There definitely seems to be fuel leaking out the back of these since they are getting damp around the input shaft.

I agree that a starter box would be far more simple.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Tech Prophet

I don't think any of that will be an issue since I think they are giving me a new engine and ROSS (among other things.) I never used WD40, I would usually clean the shaft with a Q-tip and Simple Green and clean out the OWB similarly.

There are a lot of guys with lots of experience having issues with the OWB. I never owned a Traxxas with the OWB, but I know many of the guys have. They said that with the Traxxas OWN it was easy to clean and run a while. The ROSS behaving the same way with any of us. There definitely seems to be fuel leaking out the back of these since they are getting damp around the input shaft.

I agree that a starter box would be far more simple.

that aka tire glue is awsome by ,the way best glue ive used. its out of stock alot too.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

Just got word from Gary @ Losi that my Ten-T is on its way back to me. I can't wait to get it so I can get it and my 8ight to the track.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

heres some pics.....i havnt started it up yet...probably will over the weekend....anybody have any decent settups for this truck yet?

and for a size comparison...next the the slash 4x4

Old 02-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Straight from Gary Kyes of Losi:
Diffs: 7m - 7m - 2m (F-M-R)
Shocks: Front - 35w/Black(stock) springs Rear - 25w/Gold springs

I am getting a full set-up sheet from one of their top racers down in S Cal when they return mine, so I will see if it varies from the above.

Also, they recommend the Kingpin tires. Not the different size of the Kingpin tires, it definitely changes the way the car performs, and I am still not sure I like them better. They are much smaller diameter and I had massive understeer the one day I tested with those tires, but it was before I switched to the Gary Kyes set-up above. So I still need to get back to the track and test.

Also, you will find more Ten-T info on the Losi forums than here. It is one of the few products where I can actually say that...Mostly 1/8 scale stuff here.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

You need a mod JL for that 10T !!!! I will even make a Bigblock conversion for it !!!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

thanks for the input....and by mod jl did you mean this

http://www.rcslot.com/pc-radio-contr.../OFN51234.html

Last edited by streetsports; 02-11-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well grimlock, last i heard you loved this truggy and now it seems like a disaster. I am still contemplating getting one, but i dont really want to waste time with OWB issues. Did losi have any comments regarding your OWB ,did they say anything about a fix?

I have read this

http://forum.losi.com/showthread.php?t=1735&page=8

anything else i should check out for more info?
Old 02-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bphicks123
Well grimlock, last i heard you loved this truggy and now it seems like a disaster. I am still contemplating getting one, but i dont really want to waste time with OWB issues. Did losi have any comments regarding your OWB ,did they say anything about a fix?

I have read this

http://forum.losi.com/showthread.php?t=1735&page=8

anything else i should check out for more info?
I do love the Ten-T. It is a *GREAT* value. It is a new product and has one annoying issue (the OWB).

You get at Spektrum DX3S radio ($250), Losi 340 engine ($150), and the rest for about $450 shipped to your door. It is almost like getting the Ten-T roller for free. How can you beat the value of getting all that for so cheap? Wost case you can swap it over to a starter box.

I also think the Losi 8ight and 8ight-T RTR are awesome values too.

I also think that in 1/10 truck racing the Ten-T will be the truck to beat. It has most of the technology off of the Losi 8ight and is far more advanced than most other 1/10 scale trucks.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

would make a good electric conversion car...I wonder how long before someone stuffs .21 or .28 on it?
Old 02-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

its discouraging that losi hasnt made an announcement or acknowledged that there is a problem with the OWB

maybe its not as widespread as we think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.