Search
Like Tree1Likes

Townsville Racing - TMORC Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 12:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Townsville Racing - TMORC Forum

Hi,

Welcome to the Townville Model Offroad Club Forums, we cater for both 1/10 scale on and off-road racing.

For more information please visit - www.tmorc.org.au or contact us on [email protected].

Cheers,
Sam.

Last edited by Sam Contarino; 08-31-2005 at 03:25 AM.
Old 05-16-2004, 02:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Default TMORC Website

Hi Sam,

Had to register for RCTech net so it took me a couple of days before I could post this.

Thanks to you for all the effort to get our own domain name.

Now all we need to do is keep it fresh. I was thinking we can use the page for urgent club news and start encouraging members to check it for updates.

This was we can advertise committee meetings, working b's without having to ring around everyone.

Bye the way, I can't believe the amount of posting about the Qld titles in the Towers. It looks like there might be a few southerners coming up. Good to see. I wonder if any of our guys want to offer them a lift or guide them out there?
Old 05-16-2004, 08:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How many members does the Townsville club have now?
Old 05-17-2004, 12:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hmmm,

Maybe Jacko can answer this one better than me... perhaps 30 members... maybe more.

Cheers,
Sam.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Townsville Membership

Actually Sam we would only have about 15 financial members.

There would be another 5-10 who are still being chased for money.

Our numbers have dwindled as many of the Charters Towers guys were members of our club before they got their club going.

So we still need more members.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good to see you still racing Jacko.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:19 AM
Tech Regular

Gidday Sam, Can you tell me where you got those fancy battery connectors from and what brand they were?
How long does it take to get those batteries from good old USA.?
Old 05-18-2004, 12:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTJ25&P=7
or
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTJ26&P=7

Tower usually takes around the ten day mark.

Cheers,
Sam.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:41 AM
Tech Regular

Hello? Is there anybody out there? are we all busy getting our cars ready for the Qld. Champs??. I forgot to ask Graham if he had bought an alarm clock for his roosters so they could tell the time and not start crowing at 3:00am!!!
Did we all remember to get our entries in to ORRCA by the 4th.June?
Old 06-03-2004, 05:51 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys, the Oldman has told Toys - R - Us that the Club will be available to stage a demo in front of their store this Saturday morning from 9:00am to 12:00. At present there is only 3 people definately turning up with 2 maybee's. How about some of the on road members showing a bit of interest in growing the club membership and turning up, even if it's only for a half hour.

A couple of weeks ago every one was talking about how we should be doing these types of promotions after the success of the Dick Smith demo now we're all too busy.

If you are available let Jacko or Col W know you are coming.
Ta!
Old 06-05-2004, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the support at the Display this morning one of the 3 definates didn't show but a maybee did and stayed all morning, thanks Jeff. I was interviewed by 4TO for about 5 minutes live on radio. Standard question and answer with the obligatory 'how fast do they go'. I was about to reply about 60-70 kph with some yank record of about 150kph when Mick pipes in with 205mph as the current world record!! I've never seen a radio announcer stumped for words but when he picked his jaw up from off the ground he spent the next 10 minutes looking at micks car and just mumbling shi##!!!?t and shaking his head.

We had a number of enquiries with a few turning up to watch us race tonight.
Old 06-05-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Initiate

I would like to thank Col and the others who put in the effort to represent the club at Toys R Us.

Although we don't get anything from Toys R Us directly, any way where we can get it known that organised racing is still good.

Bye the way the from what I can recall the fastest record speed of a radio controlled 1/10th scale car was 178km/h or about 111mph.

This was in an old issue of Radio Control Car action so it may have been exceeded by then. However it is not official as the Guinness Book of records people did not attend.

But it's still damn fast.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

Looks like google has finally crawled our website if you search for Townsville Model Offroad or Townsville Model Offroad Club google will return with the url to our site.

Cheers,
Sam.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

Dogpile will return the site url if you type tmorc or Townsville Model Offroad Club in the search box.

Cheers,
Sam.
Old 06-06-2004, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs down

Gee! Just what we always wanted to find our club web site by searching in a dogpile!!!!! I just think it stinks!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.