Search

WCICS Round 6 Regina, Sackatchewan Feb 17th -19th 2012

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
Good one Miller. If you can't laugh at yourself, you're taking things too seriously. I'll get you back.

Ivan
Hey, don't shoot me. I was just the driver.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This race was a blast. Wanted to say thanks to the regina club for putting on a great race. The smaller turn out turned out to be pretty good. Close and competative racing. Track layout was alot of fun. Racing with people from other clubs has become something I look forward to, as there is some good fun and friendly rivalry out there.

Tim
Old 02-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Another great wcics race. Lots of work but also lots of fun. A huge thanks for all those that travelled to our race. Lots of close racing. I put a small cam on Shawn's touring car for a couple of practice laps. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbhJVdFcg0g
Old 02-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

TC Stock and TC Superstock Videos courtesy of Ryan Rice:

http://www.youtube.com/user/gpryeguy

Ivan
Old 02-22-2012, 12:56 AM
Tech Master

Default Results

As promised, results from the weekend!

Updated overall points should be up in a few days on the main WCICS thread.

Josh
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
WCICS Round 6 Regina.pdf (237.3 KB, 120 views)
Old 02-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by IronRing Racing
As promised, results from the weekend!

Updated overall points should be up in a few days on the main WCICS thread.

Josh
I see the updated series totals where posted today in the WCICS thread, I have a couple of questions regarding the points accumulated for the 12th scale super stock results from last weekend's Regina leg.

Thanks.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Default wcics

Originally Posted by damage
I see the updated series totals where posted today in the WCICS thread, I have a couple of questions regarding the points accumulated for the 12th scale super stock results from last weekend's Regina leg.

Thanks.
I HAVE CHECKED THE POINTS FOR SS 12TH, IS THERE SOMETHING THAT IS MISSING?
Old 02-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Default 12th SS

Just FYI, we're asking ROAR for clarifications on several issues. The computer failure in 12 SS is one of them. Specifically I've e-mailed ROAR asking these questions that have come up during this year's WCICS rounds.

1. Do cars, in this case foam pan cars but applies to all, have to meet the min ride heights AFTER the race? i.e. in foam tire 1/12 pan car, does the car still have to be 3mm ride height after the race?
2. For points, does the driver have to actually be present, have a car checked in, etc., to be awarded series points. If a driver is completely absent for the main, do you still award that drive points for last place, or are they DQ’d? We had another case where a drive broke during warm-up and wasn’t able to fix the car before the race. I’m assuming since his car was checked in, that he would receive points, but please clarify if they actually have to complete one race lap to gather points.
3. If a computer crashes during a final race, at what percentage is the race considered complete? 50%, 75%?

The first two came up in the Lethbridge & Edmonton rounds. I looked in the ROAR rule-book and it doesn't say anything about a computer crash. ROAR has the catch-all that all race decisions are ultimately up to the RD, like the vote and final decision in Regina to re-run.

I'll post on the main WCICS thread (and clarify in our rule-book) when I hear back.

It's too bad Ryan and Warren weren't able to stick around. My car just sucked, I finished last in both 1/12 SS mains, lol.

Josh
Old 02-25-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by IronRing Racing
Just FYI, we're asking ROAR for clarifications on several issues. The computer failure in 12 SS is one of them. Specifically I've e-mailed ROAR asking these questions that have come up during this year's WCICS rounds.

1. Do cars, in this case foam pan cars but applies to all, have to meet the min ride heights AFTER the race? i.e. in foam tire 1/12 pan car, does the car still have to be 3mm ride height after the race?
2. For points, does the driver have to actually be present, have a car checked in, etc., to be awarded series points. If a driver is completely absent for the main, do you still award that drive points for last place, or are they DQ’d? We had another case where a drive broke during warm-up and wasn’t able to fix the car before the race. I’m assuming since his car was checked in, that he would receive points, but please clarify if they actually have to complete one race lap to gather points.
3. If a computer crashes during a final race, at what percentage is the race considered complete? 50%, 75%?

The first two came up in the Lethbridge & Edmonton rounds. I looked in the ROAR rule-book and it doesn't say anything about a computer crash. ROAR has the catch-all that all race decisions are ultimately up to the RD, like the vote and final decision in Regina to re-run.

I'll post on the main WCICS thread (and clarify in our rule-book) when I hear back.

It's too bad Ryan and Warren weren't able to stick around. My car just sucked, I finished last in both 1/12 SS mains, lol.

Josh
Josh,

We would also like to see if it could be clarified if a participant is allowed to accumulate points during the re-run if they had pulled out of the race voluntarily prior to the computer failure.

I believe you pulled out of the first race about two minutes prior to the computer failure, in essence retiring yourself from further competition. Should you have been able to compete again in the second running of the a-main; which was only done due to the computer failure... and if so should you accumulate points higher than last place?

As for the vote to re-run; I believe majority rules hands down. Unfortunately, I wasn't in a position to adequately prep my car to re-run the second time.

Where looking into the possibility of getting out to the Calgary race too, we all had a great time in Regina.

Warren
Old 02-26-2012, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

As for the vote to re-run; I believe majority rules hands down. Unfortunately, I wasn't in a position to adequately prep my car to re-run the second time.

Where looking into the possibility of getting out to the Calgary race too, we all had a great time in Regina.

Warren
Hey Warren,

Definitely wish you and Ryan could have stayed for the re-run. Hope you guys from the Peg do make it out to our Calgary race. Just an extra incentive is that any out of province racer’s entry fee is only $40 total for running 2 to 7 classes. Also thanks for the 12th scale tips. I’ll be forced for the next race to run on tires with more foam so hopefully I can keep up with you and Ryan. Oh, and you can bring that Dave guy along too.

Ivan
Old 02-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
Hey Warren,

Definitely wish you and Ryan could have stayed for the re-run. Hope you guys from the Peg do make it out to our Calgary race. Just an extra incentive is that any out of province racer’s entry fee is only $40 total for running 2 to 7 classes. Also thanks for the 12th scale tips. I’ll be forced for the next race to run on tires with more foam so hopefully I can keep up with you and Ryan. Oh, and you can bring that Dave guy along too.

Ivan
Ivan, you and Dave had a great blinky A-Main.....exciting finish! All sedan mains and the first 12th scale SS main are on our YouTube channel in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/user/midcanadarc/videos
Old 02-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Ivan, you and Dave had a great blinky A-Main.....exciting finish! All sedan mains and the first 12th scale SS main are on our YouTube channel in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/user/midcanadarc/videos
Definitely!!! Now I know if your crew is filming to just drive near you guys and my car will be in the shot!

Ivan