Wiki Posts
Search

2012 R.O.A.R. Electric On Road Paved Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by masterhit
Any word on when Leisure Hours will be opening the track up for the season?

Thanks!

Mike Slaughter
Not yet...they are working on some of the berms after the winter. Follow them on Facebook or their thread in the IL/WI section they will tell us all there when the track is ready for the outdoor season.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by masterhit
Any word on when Leisure Hours will be opening the track up for the season?

Thanks!

Mike Slaughter

Usually not until mid - May. But, this year isn't exactly usual, maybe sooner ??
Old 03-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Unless there is a National ranking system, otherwise, it will be hard to enforce.

Those who are running MOD constantly are usually not running STOCK at all. Those names are very easy to spot if they are trying to sandbag a title. But it is just not fair for those who actually step up for the MOD class simply because the track itself is big enough for mod...and automatic assumed these drivers are PROFESSIONAL and would not allow them to run stock.

Thanks Fred for your info...are you coming?
I also dont like the idea of pro drivers posted up in 17.5 blinky classes 1/12 or 1/10 scale. I hope ROAR starts a National ranking system, not cool knowing you don't have a chance in hell to finish in the top 10 because the same drivers in mod will take those spots in (stock class) 17.5.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

...Thanks Fred for your info...are you coming?
Yep.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gijoe64
I also dont like the idea of pro drivers posted up in 17.5 blinky classes 1/12 or 1/10 scale. I hope ROAR starts a National ranking system, not cool knowing you don't have a chance in hell to finish in the top 10 because the same drivers in mod will take those spots in (stock class) 17.5.
I guess being old-school, i'm just used to racing against the best, be it stock or mod.
When I started racing in the 80's competing against the likes of Tony Neisinger, Joel Johnson, Gil Losi, Rick Hohwart, etc it was one of the coolest things I can remember from back in the day
Old 03-20-2012, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
I guess being old-school, i'm just used to racing against the best, be it stock or mod.
When I started racing in the 80's competing against the likes of Tony Neisinger, Joel Johnson, Gil Losi, Rick Hohwart, etc it was one of the coolest things I can remember from back in the day
And the coolest part for me was watching you all
Old 03-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Back in the day there was a class for everybody. I went to the 2000? Nats at the track in Ripon and the class for me was Mod TC H main. What is with the constant request for 20 classes or limiting peeps from running a class because it isn't fair?
Old 03-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
Back in the day there was a class for everybody. I went to the 2000? Nats at the track in Ripon and the class for me was Mod TC H main. What is with the constant request for 20 classes or limiting peeps from running a class because it isn't fair?
Im with you. I would rather run in the C main of a stacked class, than the A of a diluted class.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
I have heard that 13.5 Blinky is a STRONG possibility.... But at this point has not been confirmed....
<-------------unsponsored

they ran 13.5 blinky last year pavement nats at jackson NJ which I made the "A"

and I made the "A" at Carrolton 17.5 without sponsors other then a few things Frank from CRC gives me at the big races over the years axle hubs and motor plates etc here and there when I needed it and tons of setup help becasue I need it.

it can be done.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Bump for the NAT.

When can we find out what are the 2 house classes...? My concern is...ROAR does not have a clear definition about those who run MOD can or cannot run stock 17.5.........if that is the case, I need to find out the other house class for the National. I would like to see no timing 13.5 or 10.5...just something faster then 17.5 but not MOD.

I know what ROAR said about mod driver cannot run stock. It is in the rule book, but the just finished carpet national, there were 2 drivers running stock 17.5 (1 is actually a winner) and both of them were running MOD as well. Why the rule does not apply to them or on that event..? Still a National and still are the stock 17.5 vs mod class.
I think your reading the rules wrong, the rule against mod drivers running stock is not a driver rule, i.e. if you run mod a previous major or club races you can run stock at roar nationals, the rule has to do with running the same chassis (sedan) in both mod and stock, in the past they allowed stock and 19t, or 19t and mod, but not stock and mod, but this "rule" or any other rule for that fact is not set in stone. the hosting club and simply ask for a variance on the rule. I haven't checked the rule book so I'm not even sure thats still a rule.

p.s. I just re read your post, never mind..
Old 03-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
I hear you but since ROAR doesn't enfore any type of experience prerequisite for class selection by drivers and considering that they allowed drivers to run both Mod and 17.5 at the Carpet Nats this past weekend then it would be REASONABLE to assume that you will be able to run both at the Asphalt Nats.
I obviously can't predict what ROAR will say in the end, but I was told several times that the exception to run Mod and Stock was for Carpet Nats only.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Not yet...they are working on some of the berms after the winter. Follow them on Facebook or their thread in the IL/WI section they will tell us all there when the track is ready for the outdoor season.
It was not prepped, but a few guys got some laps this past weekend.

USGT?!!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
It was not prepped, but a few guys got some laps this past weekend.

USGT?!!
USGT and USVTA...I dont care if it (does that awful thing outdoors), we dont use the "R" word, EVER!!!!!......Im there
Old 03-21-2012, 07:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

A track that size: 235mm Pro 10.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's nice looking track. Looks enormous. I hope I can make it to this. I'd love to race Mod TC there.

With a USVTA, you could go have lunch while your car is on the straight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.