Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spintec Battery Manager

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think the idea is to offer this to racers that do not have a GFX ( and or high rate discharger) and as a alternitive to "just traying" after a run. The system is new and with that will come a learing curve as to what to do and what not to do.

I have just received my unit ( Thanks Erik) and will start using it right away.

I don't think pics do the discharger justice, it is really small and very easy to use. the LED data window is easy to read and the scroll of the data is a nice feature.

For racers with Muchmore/LRP/Novak etc chargers this is going to be a must have item.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by Korgae
I think the idea is to offer this to racers that do not have a GFX ( and or high rate discharger) and as a alternitive to "just traying" after a run. The system is new and with that will come a learing curve as to what to do and what not to do.

I have just received my unit ( Thanks Erik) and will start using it right away.

I don't think pics do the discharger justice, it is really small and very easy to use. the LED data window is easy to read and the scroll of the data is a nice feature.

For racers with Muchmore/LRP/Novak etc chargers this is going to be a must have item.
just remember to do the same process everytime so that results wont vary as much
Old 05-11-2005, 12:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Guys dont rap the product unless you have tried it.

Everyone seems to focus on the 35A discharge. However no one seems to note the decrystalization process.

I was amazed when I started hearing the clicking sound, not to mention that my packs were cold after discharging.

Now these two observations alone you do not see with any other discharger/charger on the market.

Whether it works or not is up to you to decide. However the tangible results of discharging (cold packs and the clicking) process alone make it something very different.

I dont own one yet, but I have been using my friend's BatMan. I might get one of my own in future if it proves to work well in the long run.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't think anyone is negatively commenting on the Spintec. That is the whole benefit of the Spintec: to decrystallize the cells. If you discharge the battery on a GFX to 5.4v why would you use the Spintec since .3v is not enough to make much of a difference in the cells as opposed to hooking up the battery to the Spintec from the start.

You might as well take advantage of the dicharge and cooldown blocks on the Spintec instead of using a different discharger for all but .3v.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

I agree. That's what the Spintec is all about, to decrystalize the batts. If I can effort to, I'd also fully charge a pack of batts and then put the Spintec on just to get it decrystalized. But for only 0.3V, I think don't waste the time.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

"decrystalize" ... that caught my attention... so in essence, lower IR? or higher capacity?... do they have a website where i can get more info? thanks - jason
Old 05-11-2005, 11:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by highwayman
"decrystalize" ... that caught my attention... so in essence, lower IR? or higher capacity?... do they have a website where i can get more info? thanks - jason
www.spintec.nl
Old 05-11-2005, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

has the battery manager been tested with the intellect batterys?

about half of my packs are intellects and plannig on getting more,

thanks,
Old 05-12-2005, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks... got to read up on the product and company...

im sorry if it has been discussed before, but how does their discharge differ from others? as i understand it, the 35 amp discharge is done in bursts?? is this correct? if so, does this mean that it takes spintec longer to discharge a fully charged pack?

how does discharging in bursts, "decrystalize" the cells?

thanks again - jason
Old 05-12-2005, 03:34 AM
Tech Regular

What it does...

This is from my personal experience and it seems to be consistent and not a one time effect.

I have 5 GP3300 packs that were not accepting more than 3300-3200 mAh and were having a lot of trouble delivering 5 minutes on the track.

I discharged what was left in them with the BM. After that the packs accepted more charge and the Peak Voltage was lower than it used to be.

Then I charged them completely and discharged them with the BM. It takes a couple of hours to discharge a fully charged pack.

Now, ALL 5 accept around 3800-3900 peak at around 9V (not 9.3 as they used to) and on the track they almost seem like barely used packs.
Run time is not an issue with 4 of them and the punch is awesome.

Now I'm using the BM ALL THE TIME after running with the GP3300 and the GP3700.

It seems to me that I've found the right tool for the job.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:45 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Who has this device in stock? I am trying to find one but the only place I have found is HKModels...and their website is screwed up and wont let me open an account. Any others?

EA
Old 05-12-2005, 04:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by highwayman
Thanks... got to read up on the product and company...

im sorry if it has been discussed before, but how does their discharge differ from others? as i understand it, the 35 amp discharge is done in bursts?? is this correct? if so, does this mean that it takes spintec longer to discharge a fully charged pack?

how does discharging in bursts, "decrystalize" the cells?

thanks again - jason
The discharge and decrystalize are 2 seperate operations which are performed on the pack by the BatMan.

Yes it takes longer to discharge with the BatMan. The advantage is that the cells do not heat up, so if you're in a hurry, you cant use the BatMan.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

EAMotorsports
RCmodel-hk does have them in stock. I just ordered one from there site the other night and they shipped it the next day - but I already had an account set up with them. If you are having problems send a PM to HKRCMODEL on here or tell him the problem under the "Whats new @ RC Model" thread. He can help you out.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:11 AM
Tech Adept

Hebiki, thanks for the review. Very nice!

Korgae, good to hear you received it. Looking forward to your findings!

Hello Antonio! Thanks for your explanation!

For the US guys, there will be a large shipment to Horizon next week. So very soon you can easily order them through your local hobby shop!
Old 05-12-2005, 06:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello,

Maybe this is already answer, but I go:

-It is prove that the BM increase the performance of an old pack, but what happend when you use with a new one? Does it also increase the performance or just keep the same level for more time?
-By other way how many "cycles" are need to get the maximun performance?
-When will be available for 4 cells?

Thank you very much

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.