Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree741Likes

XRAY T4'20 SPEC

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jtsbell
What's the deal with left and right motor mounts?
They aren't, these are stills from the latest T4 20 video.
it explains the different motor positions tried before they decided the final layout, hence all these different mounts were tried. Motor behind the layshaft, motor in front of the layshaft.
the final decision was motor behind the layshaft
Old 10-28-2019, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Adlattire
One is for mid motor and the other is for rear motor. The rear motor mount is shown in the same picture.
nope all for mid motor layout motor behind or in front of layshaft
Old 10-28-2019, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes
nope all for mid motor layout motor behind or in front of layshaft
Are you sure there won't be options to run the 'older' rear motor setup with the 'newer' long arms? ...or perhaps the new mid pully drive train with the current 'short' arms?
XSRCdesign likes this.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sps3172
Are you sure there won't be options to run the 'older' rear motor setup with the 'newer' long arms? ...or perhaps the new mid pully drive train with the current 'short' arms?
I believe there will be an option to run the shorter arms, but looking at the info available it will mid motor only
Old 10-28-2019, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jtsbell
What's the deal with left and right motor mounts?
They were prototypes, check the video they put up. Outlines it all in there
Old 10-28-2019, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The different motor mounts were made for testing as a 1 piece mid and a 1 piece rearward mount. I doubt the car will come with both options, but they were bith made for testing. This is quoted from Xray's release today. https://teamxray.com/t4/2020/en/making-of/

To make back-to-back comparison tests, I designed a new chassis which allowed easy changes between 3 different layshaft-position alternatives:

1.) Motor mount and layshaft bulkhead separated from each other, like on the current car

2.) 1-piece rearward motor mount, mounted in the chassis centerline

3.) 1-piece frontward motor mount, also mounted in the chassis centerline
Old 10-28-2019, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Adlattire
The different motor mounts were made for testing as a 1 piece mid and a 1 piece rearward mount. I doubt the car will come with both options, but they were bith made for testing. This is quoted from Xray's release today. https://teamxray.com/t4/2020/en/making-of/

To make back-to-back comparison tests, I designed a new chassis which allowed easy changes between 3 different layshaft-position alternatives:

1.) Motor mount and layshaft bulkhead separated from each other, like on the current car

2.) 1-piece rearward motor mount, mounted in the chassis centerline

3.) 1-piece frontward motor mount, also mounted in the chassis centerline
watch the video and listen to the options
1. Motor and layshaft separated from each other as per current car - (like the zero tribe conversion )
2. 1 piece motor to rear of layshaft , mid motor and is the option that is being used in the T4 20
3. 1 piece motor in front of layshaft , mid motor but moves the motor far more forward, this option was discarded in favour of option 2.

No rear motor mount as per the existing car, the layshaft is placed in the middle of the car, unlike the existing car, the options tested placed the motor in front (the mounts on the right of the picture) or behind the layshaft (the mounts to the left in the picture) The layshaft stays in same the position on the chassis for all the 3 options

Last edited by Barry_Hughes; 10-28-2019 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Nearing Page 24, still no idea when the cars are available. Crazy. Car looks good, but lets get them out there already.
Patriiick likes this.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GG360
Nearing Page 24, still no idea when the cars are available. Crazy. Car looks good, but lets get them out there already.
🤘🏁
Old 10-28-2019, 06:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GG360
It's all marketing, build hype, more people decide this is a must have, the stock they allocate to distributors ends up being woefully inadequate and distributors go to their 'team drivers' first then their high end top tier clients second who then themselves have employees etc who must have this before it's out

Personally I don't anticipate getting a hold of one of these before Xmas but thats fine more money to spend on magic beans.
Old 10-28-2019, 10:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by nexxus
It's all marketing, build hype, more people decide this is a must have, the stock they allocate to distributors ends up being woefully inadequate and distributors go to their 'team drivers' first then their high end top tier clients second who then themselves have employees etc who must have this before it's out

Personally I don't anticipate getting a hold of one of these before Xmas but thats fine more money to spend on magic beans.
You'll have one before Christmas...but just soon enough to put some wrapping paper on it and throw it under the tree for yourself. I was kinda thinking it would be mid November, but since we are days away from November and still nothing...im starting to think itll be the end of November before they reach distributors, and then the first batch will be allocated out already. So youre probably close.

Hopefully im wrong and its sooner though.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I admit.... I used to giggle at all of this hoopla that XRAY does to get the word out for their products and team. I guess I just got used to bare bones websites and average media output from all of the other RC companies over the past 30 years (My first onroad car was a fiberglass 10L)..... but THESE KICK ASS VIDEOS are the stuff our sport needs to grow. The production value they are bringing to the table is VERY IMPRESSIVE. Its also a tad goofy and slightly unrefined but its very well made. In a sea of half assed low production webcam videos made by some random duder on Twittsagram trying to sell me his newest snake oil for winning.... These new XRAY productions are a breath of fresh air. I mean they even got Paul Lemieux in a suit. Well done.

Next stop ESPN. Hey we can dream right?
Old 10-29-2019, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Every other company is about:
"Here's our final product that we want you to buy"

Xray is about:
"Here's our journey and why for the final product that we want you to buy"

If they showed the entire chassis and final product, would you be as interested in the journey? Probably not as much, or not at all (maybe some yes, or some no)...
XSRCdesign likes this.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

People will complain either way.

it’s human nature to never be truly happy/impressed/satisfied/gracious for some.
XSRCdesign likes this.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Every other company is about:
"Here's our final product that we want you to buy"

Xray is about:
"Here's our journey and why for the final product that we want you to buy"

If they showed the entire chassis and final product, would you be as interested in the journey? Probably not as much, or not at all (maybe some yes, or some no)...
That's because for almost every other every chassis out there, they'd have to take their film crew to some sweatshop in China to film 12yr olds machining their parts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.